Best way to store a big bag?

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by babynug, May 31, 2004.

1. babynug

babynug Member

someone had mentioned freezing in another post. if someone had a big bag of weed(1 or 2 oz) and was saving it because of a possible 'dry' spell what would be the best way to store it so it doesn't get all dryed out? freezer? tupperware? would it get 'freezer burn'? thanks for the advice.

2. MeatWagon499

MeatWagon499 Senior Member

well if you have a big computer case like I do, open it up and just store it in there lol. noone will ever suspect it being in your computer..

3. BigBong

BigBong Member

Stick it an air tight container, glass or plastic.. Make sure to have as little amount of air as possible in the container.. Store the container in a cool dark spot.. Like a bottom of a closet or what not..

4. MeatWagon499

MeatWagon499 Senior Member

if possible store it in 2 or 3 spots that way its easier to hide and if found youll still have some left

5. reef

reef Member

put it in a tight container, be it wood, plastic etc...

then stick it in your refrigerator.

also most smoke shops sell these little round metal things that you wet then stick in your stash and it keeps it a bit moist without molding.

6. PeRrY

PeRrY Member

This would work for security, but not for long term storage.
    If you kept it in your conputer case, and you use your computer alot, the heat build up inside the case *could* destroy the thc ( it gets pretty hot in there)

Just put it in the freezer if you can, if not just do what someone else said and put it in an airtight container and place in a cool, dry place.

7. PeRrY

PeRrY Member

What are those things?
    never herd of them before,

8. babynug

babynug Member

will look into those 'metal round things' at the local head shop. otherwise i think the freezer in a sealed up freezer bag sounds good. thx for the info

9. twoseeeyes

twoseeeyes Member

Double bag it before you put it in a freezer. Keep it nice and fresh :)

10. nesta

nesta Banned

i'd suggest drying it further if its at ALL fresh...if you freeze fresh weed and then thaw it, it will come out as a disgusting, unsmokable mess most likely...so you want it to be fairly dry, then put it in a canning jar. 1pint (32 fl. oz.) widemouth shoulderless mason or ball jars should be just perfect. this is going to protect the buds from getting squashed or otherwise damaged in the freezer when you're dealing with groceries and such, plus its a safer and more airtight seal than just a zipper bag.

11. babynug

babynug Member

where do you get these wide mouth 32oz jars? sounds dumb but never seen them for sale my way. my friend's stuff is already perfect,not too dry(a little sticky:D). but want it around for few months because of usual 'dry' spell for GOOD stuff in summer. thx for the help

12. BigBong

BigBong Member

a 32 oz container for a ounce of weed?? a little excessive, dont ya think??

13. babynug

babynug Member

duh!!!!!!!!!!! never thought about the size. guess i've been hitting the big bag a lot. still would like to get some smaller glass jars:)

14. emublazin

emublazin Member

i just store mine in a tupperware inside a locked footlocker

15. BigBong

BigBong Member

exactly!! Everyone keeps suggesting the fridge or freezer! But for what purpose?? Air tight containers in a cool dark place is just as effective..

16. reef

reef Member

i used to keep that stuff in a tupperware in my drawer in my closet. then i put it in my refrigerator a few times and noticed it stayed fresher a lot longer. it's just what a think, and im thinking it keeps it fresher.

17. Sera Michele

Sera Michele Senior Member

Well I usually put it in a dark tupperware container in the fridge.

18. UTcolorchangn420

UTcolorchangn420 Member

Like BigBong said, just get a mason jar and store it in a cool, dark place.

19. nesta

nesta Banned

shit, i meant 16 fl. oz. jars, not 32. thats just a pint. good size if you've got two ounces of some stuff thats not particularly dense. the extra room prevents compressing the weed.

20. rdfleece27

rdfleece27 Member

what about one of those vacuum packing things that you see commercials for on tv that makes a package completely airtight? would that be good or would it be too well packaged?