Best watched movies of 2019.

Discussion in 'Movies' started by LecrameMark, Jun 17, 2019.

1. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Movies just aren't as good as they used to be, it seems like. Television is getting better, though.

2. Yeah, I saw it. They also did a movie thing where they meetup ten years later, which definitely wasn't as good, but had its moments. The little TV series was funny as fuck, though. Michael Showalter as Reagan tossing those jelly beans at his face...LOL!

3. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Paul Rudd, Amy Poehler....and Ive never even heard of it. I will check it out

4. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I get the SYFY channel from my cable TV provider and dammit from what I pay every month I want to get my monies worth.

So yes, last fall I sat through Shark week which included Sharknado, Sharknado 2, 3, & 4, Alien Sharks: Return to the Abyss, Sharkageddon, and Spawn of Jaws 2: The Birthing...along several other gems

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
    guerillabedlam likes this.
  5. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Jesus

Although, if YOU sat through 4 sharknado movies, I'm just going to go ahead and assume theres lots of boobs in them and D grade actresses in bikinis

6. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Television is awesome this decade, my two favourite TV shows ever were this decade. The Walking Dead, Game of thrones. Well Game of thrones minus the suckfest that was the final two episodes. Hashtag Still_angry

7. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Naturally [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
  8. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

I watched "Arrival" which was along the same lines as Jodi Foster in "Contact" and "2001" kind of sweeping, romantic, treatment of humanity's first contact with aliens. Its pretty mediocre as such things go, a bit of confusing mess similar to Vonnegut's "Slaughterhouse Five". However, I wanted to see it because they at least tried for some realism and consulted a linguist about how aliens who don't experience linear time might write their language, and the aliens in the movie are as flat out alien as they get, with the lead heroine being a linguist. Unfortunately, they consulted the wrong linguist for the movie, and the guy had absolutely no idea that half the planet already views time as nonlinear. His language would have resembled a fractal self-organizing system or matrix at the very least if he knew what he was talking about when they consulted him. Some native American languages and ancient Chinese are excellent examples of languages that can express time as nonlinear and have no verb "to be" or "it". To them, everything is constantly transforming into something else including time itself expressing recursive logic.

However, the movie gave me some ideas as to how to tell the same story differently and was decent and something different from the usual superheroes and super solders. A common assumption of such science fiction is that such aliens would not comprehend linear time, which is absurd, because its the other way around, and linear time merely expresses the easier way to interpret events. Not exactly a thrilling endorsement, but the big studios are apparently holding back their big guns for the holiday season or something, and at least this movie makes you think a little.

9. Downton Abbey movie comes out in September :)

10. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

is there somewhere else to get it from?

11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Lol, I thought she was doing a massive windmill, but she's getting abducted.

12. BirdFlu

BirdFlu resident alien

I ~really~ enjoyed the movie, "Us." Loved the duality dynamic.

13. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I still have to see most praised movies from 2018.
    Like that 3 billboards one. Still looking forward to watching that.

How do you know for sure if you rarely watch a new movie? ;)
    It only has to be like 5% of what comes out. I mean the majority of new anual releases never were great to people with a specific/selective taste.
    Also, the classics are partly so great because it was original and new at the time. Not really because they were objectively better. The more is produced and released the harder it is to impress the public to a similar extent.