Best verses in the Bible

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by catstevens, Aug 17, 2005.

1. Colours

Colours Senior Member

now some people are just trolling...

2. catstevens

catstevens Muslim Top To Toe

:(
    Do you hate Jesus?
    If so I swear to you that Jesus isn't as you think.
    There must be faults or misunderstandings.
    But I have to tell you, that I am neither Christian nor believing that the entire bible is intact (from corrupting) but once previously it was intact entirely. And I think that you know that Gospels hadn't been written in Jesus life.
    Actually I wanted to give comments or clarifications on what you quoted but it seems that Erise did so.

Yours Sincerely,
    Cat Stevens

3. Erise

Erise Member

Is all prayer answered? Scripture teaches that God does answer our prayers (John 16:24); but Scripture also says that there are some conditions for effective prayer. Here may be some of the things we do wrong:

1.We don't really believe God can answer them.
    Jesus said:

"If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer." (Matthew 21:22)

James wrote:

"But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does." (James 1:6-8)

Believing is perhaps the best known condition for prayer. But there are other reasons prayer is not answered.

2. We ask with wrong motives.

"When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures." (James 4:3)

3. Unconfessed sin separates us from God, so that He cannot hear.

"Surely the arm of the Lord is not too short to save, nor His ear too dull to hear. But your iniquities (sins) have separated you from God; your sins have hidden his face from you so that He will not hear." (Isaiah 59:1-2)

4. We set up idols in our hearts that come between us and God.

"Son of man, these men have set up idols in their hearts and put wicked stumbling blocks before their faces. Should I let them inquire of me at all?" (Ezekiel 14:3)

5. We don't answer those who cry to us for help.

"If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered." (Proverbs 21:13)

6. We don't remain in God/God's Word doesn't remain in us.

"If you remain in me and my word remains in you, ask whatever you wish and it will be given to you." (John 15:7)

----------

So you see fuzzy, having gone through all those things, prayer does work. So few people have ever made it that far, though.

4. Colours

Colours Senior Member

fuzzy those are all metaphors. he isnt actually saying you can move mountains with prayer.

5. catstevens

Do you mean that you don't believe in God's existence? I.e. are you an atheist? :(

If so, please open the following links, I want to read your comments on it

2- Click here

3- Click here

6- The Darwinism fails: Click here

Would you mind writing the answers here or send it to me by the private messages, please?

Dear: let me tell you something

All these stuffs I think it will be useless to discuss it as long as you are Atheist or Agnostic. Myself I think that if somebody believed that the current entire Bible is Allah's word then he has to follow its teachings and discuss it , but basically he doesn't believe in it(God) so then it is a wasting for time.

Myself, I think you have to believe in a God in the first place, and when you believe in a God you must have evidences or something that make you believe that he is the true God, and after that you have to search for that's God religion.

i.e.

I think we have to discuss firstly 1) is there a creator (i.e. God)? And if we believed that there is a creator then we have to move to è2) who's the true God (creator) and after we knew who is the true God with proof and evidences then we can answerè3) what is the true religion of God (the creator)?

YoursSincerely,

CatStevens

6. Cerberus

Cerberus Member

I always like catstevens' posts, so colourful:)

7. catstevens

Did you open the links that I posted it? Anyway, let's begin a real discussion but not here to don't take off the main topic so let's move to this link Click or to anywhere you love to [private messages or new thread etc), if you will accept to discuss it in that link so please read posts # 1 and # 18 because those two posts are my first posts to discuss the q#1

Myself, if there is a god, and that god wants me to believe in him then I will do, whether I am completely happy living my life without him or with him.

Thank you very much.

Thanks, good that you like it :)
    Yours Sincerely,
    Cat Stevens

8. catstevens

Addition
    Mark: 3:31:
    Then Jesus' mother and brothers arrived. Standing outside, they sent some one in to call him. 32: A crowd was sitting around him, and they told him, ''your mother and brothers are outside looking for you'' 33: who are my mother and my brothers? He asked. 34: then he looked at those seated in a circle around him and said: '' here are my mother and my brothers! 35: whoever does God's will is my brother and sister and mother.

Quraan: 49:10:
    The believers are nothing else than brothers. So make reconciliation between your brothers

Yours Sincerely,
    Cat Stevens

9. Daniel Herring

Daniel Herring Member

This, I think, is one of the coolest:

"He hath shewed thee, o man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?" Micah 6:8.

10. Kharakov

Kharakov ShadowSpawn

The thing to do is know that God created all religions, even ficticious stories for our enjoyment when our minds are not mature enough to comprehend the truth. When you accept God, you will learn to accept all things as they are meant to be by God.

That means even silly prohibitions within your religion (such as not eating pork). Because you so need to have these prohibitions (as a spiritual child), God gave them to you. When you are mature, you will no longer rely upon prohibitions, but instead upon the grace of God and the guidance of God's spirit to guide your hand in all decisions (instead of being a person of the book, whether that book be the Koran or the Bible).

From this standpoint, all religions are good for spiritual children- they have prohibitions, rules, etc. made for children in the specific culture of the child (hinduism for many, islam for some, christianity for others). The point is, until the child knows that God is guiding the childs steps and is with the child wherever the child is, the child may need a set of formal rules to follow to provide the child with comfort.

When you are small, you need your parents to show care for you (because you do not know of the care of God), when you are looking for God, you need the messages (bible, koran, etc.) that God brings you to see God's love, when you have found God, you only need God.

11. catstevens

God's rulings issued from his: knowing and wisdom in the Qura'n he stated:

''He allows them as lawful At-Tayyibat (i.e. all good and lawful as regards things , deeds , beliefs , persons ,foods),and prohibits them as unlawful Al-Khab'ith (i.e. all evil and unlawful as regards things , deeds , beliefs , persons , foods)…..''

Chapter: 7, Verse: 157

So, briefly, good things are allowed, evil bad things are prohibited. And allowance (allowing) is only God's right (who invented the computer knows best what disable the computer and what doesn't, because he invented it. when he says to you: be sure that sun's rays don't reach the computer otherwise it will disable the computer, or when he says to you: the computer is not waterproof, so, you will take account of his instructions), and of course the computer inventor has the right to give the instructions (do &don not) because he is the inventor of it and knows what he is saying.

So, God created you and he knows best what avail us and what harm us, he wants your advantage, and looks how we return his favor?? We are thanklessness , ( if somebody tell you : brother ! don't eat from that restaurant , their viands are not edibles , you would thank him and thinking of a way to return his favor to you , he saved your health) , so , when he prohibited e.g. wine ,be sure that he prohibited that for a reason , and we don't need the scientists to prove if wine is noxious , because we trust in God and beyond his allowing and prohibition a reason (wisdom) , and it emerged that wine or (alcohol) is noxious ex. It harms the kidney and other things. Consequently, God knows best what avail us and what harm us, he stated:

'' Should not he who has created know? And he is the Most Kind and Courteous, the Well-Acquainted (with everything)''

Chapter: 67, verse: 14

God told us the prohibited things so we will know it and then we will avoid it.

Besides to that, we have to know that beyond prohibitions some other (wisdoms); he wants to test us, so that he may see us how we act ?

A test from the God to us to know how you will deal with it? would we obey him or not?

One of the reasons that made the dwellers of Paradise privileged from the dwellers of the fire(Abaddon ,hell), that they were patient on undesirable orders to them which were ordered from God and without that test from God , then not emerge the obedient from the disobedient.God stated:

'' Do people think that they will be left alone because they say: ''We believe,'' and will not be tested?

Chapter: 28, verses: 2

The believers are patient to the difficult of God's orders to: (1) get the rewards, requitals and recompenses from God and (2) to obey his orders so then he will be satisfied with them (obedience God's orders = obedience God)

(3) However, obeying God is for their own advantage (i.e.: God created you and he knows best what avail us and what harm us Quraan: 2:216:

'' … and it may be that you dislike a thing which is good for you and that you like a thing which is bad for you. Allah knows but you do not know'')

Let me tell you something,

The computer inventor, he invented the computer so that the computer will do what is ordered to him from the inventor, the inventor clicks on a folder twice and that mean in computer language (open the folder), so it will open it. If your computer doesn't respond to your orders, tell me honestly what will you do? He is not just not responding, he is doing other things that you didn't ask it to do it? Not just that, it is destroying, removing, and deleting your precious files and stuffs?? Honestly what will you do?

Myself, I will kill him by removing the plug that the computer is connected to it.

Consequently according to the above example, look brother to your God, how is he so patient on the unbelievers and on the corrupters and on his all creatures? he is the most forbearing, Oft-Forgiving, clement, Most merciful, he is the one who accept repentance and the most gracious, he is patient to his creatures , may they will change someday and obey him , he is giving them long time and several chances, although they don't obey him and don't careL

Jewellee is one of whom converted to Islam said:

Following Gods direction (awkward to call it law because it's much more than that)

Virtually, the religion of God is the religion of life. When you want to have an adventure let say in a forest , you will take a compass , map and a booklet to warn you from things and to guide you to what you have to do if you have an accidents, get injured, …etc . And that is the religion of God; it is a compass, map and a guide-book to the happy, safe, salubrious and assured life. I don't want each person give me his own guidance that because he will mix it with some of his own desires, and not all people's desires are good.
    Allah created us so he is the only one who has the right to give orders, commandments etc, he owns us, he created us, when you buy a car, you can do whatever you want with it because it is yours, if you have a company and you are the Boss their, you have the right to give whatever orders you want because this is your company, it is the same, we are God's creatures and his earth is his.

YoursSincerely,

CatStevens

12. catstevens

continued....

My Opinion: If everyone will do as he likes and as he desires, whatever he wants, without anything any rules, if anybody will consider this good and that is bad according to his own point of view and desires I think the answer is clear what will happen.

Quraan: 30.
    41: corruption has appeared on land and sea because of what the hands of men have earned (by oppression and evil deeds), that He (Allah) may make them taste a part of that which they have done, in order that they may return (by repenting to Allah, and begging His Pardon / return from their association (joining others in worship with Allah) and sins to monotheism and obedience)

Quraan: 23: 70:
    Or say they: there is madness in him? Nay, but he brought them the truth [i.e. worshipping Allah alone in all aspects, the Quraan and the religion of Islam], but the most of them (the disbelievers) are averse to the truth. 71: And if the truth had been in accordance with their desires, verily, the heavens and the earth, and whosever is therein would have been corrupted! Nay, I have brought them their reminder, but they turn away from their reminder.

Quraan: 2:87:
    And indeed I gave Moses the Book and followed him up with a succession of Messengers. And I gave Jesus the son of Mary, clear signs and supported him with Ruh-ul-Qudus [Gabriel] . is it that whenever there came to you a messenger with what you yourselves desired not, you grew arrogant ? Some you disbelieved and some you killed.

Look to the life , we can't live this life without rules , each country over the world has its own rules ( constitution ) and without it the world would miss , I think there wouldn't be a life ? Every body will kill the other (revenge or whatever) , stealing ,nothing will stop them , currently there is rules and the crimes are in high levels! , so what will happen then without rules , Oh my God ( MERCY ) ,So , creatures need rules too from who knows them very well ( of course God who created them)
    Allah stated :
    '' should he not know what he created?''
    Chapter:67, verse:14

Hey! Did God tell you that? Of course no, where did you get the above analyzing? What did you based the above concept of God's prohibitions on?
    Do not say that God means or wants or whatever such and such as long as God didn't say that or give me a proof?
    Quraan: 16: 116:
    And say not concerning that which your tongues put forth falsely: '' this is lawful and this is forbidden" so as to invent lies against Allah
    Quraan: 39: 31:
    Then, who dose more wrong than one who utters a lie against Allah and denies the truth when it comes to him

Glorified is you Allah, All praise be to you
    I love you Allah
    Verily, my prayer, my sacrifice, my living and my dying are for Allah, the Lord of the all mankind, jinn and all that exists, I am your slave and your religion servant, I love you
    Yours Sincerely,
    Cat Stevens

13. catstevens

by the way, the topic is about the best verses in the Bible
    :)
    Yours Sincerely,
    Cat Stevens

14. Kharakov

Kharakov ShadowSpawn

God does know what is right for us. What is right for us is to have faith in God, that if we are offered something and it is desirable, that God has given it to us for our good.

Do you think Allah would bring evil to Allah's children in the form of wine? It is this lack of faith that causes people to follow silly prohibitions against things. Wine can be fun sometimes and it is a gift, you just need to grow out of your silly childish understanding and become spiritually mature.
    Here is another problem you have. You have read the verse about Divine Preordainment of all things, yet you think that you must pass a test. Allah already knows what you know, what desires Allah has put in you, etc. Allah does not need to test you, what Allah does do is expose the wrongness of your childish understanding so that it will be built into a mature understanding. When you learn from this discipline (the others around me are enjoying wine, women, and the bounties of life that Allah has granted them, but I do not because I follow silly prohibitions because I am greedy for greater bounties). When you are disciplined enough (by seeing others enjoy gifts from Allah, while you do not) you will realise that you must trust Allah to care for you, and that silly prohibitions are just "Silly Prohibitions against gifts from Allah". This prevents those who lack faith in Allah from enjoying gifts from Allah. The faithless do not partake in wine, they get the bitter vinegar of prohibitions against their own happiness.
    The 'test' (revealing of knowledge) is this: It shows you that your lack faith in Allah prevents you from enjoying the gifts that Allah has created for us, and instead you partake in silly prohibitions which give you nothing.
    Knowledge of God is the compass you need. Knowing that God is the arranger of all things, and having faith that even when you go through pain, it is for you own good (you had a quote about that in your post, I deleted it). If you lack faith in God, you will pay attention to the faithless words of false prophets who prohibit the joys that God grants us. You do this because you know something is missing in your life (you do not know what it is), and you think you can earn it from God by following prohibitions- you cannot. The only thing you are missing is faith in God. Become a True Believer, instead of a follower of prohibitions.​

15. Kharakov

Kharakov ShadowSpawn

God does not fulfil all the desires that God gives you- this is to show you that you are not in control. Rules are good for molding your desires, but you must understand that this is all they are for. Nobody has a point of view that has not been given to them by Allah, although some people are not given as clear a view as others- as Allah has ordained. These points of view are molded by the experiences that Allah grants the people.

The truth is that the prohibitions of your religion hold you back from faith in Allah. If you did not desire to get something by following these prohibitions, you would give them up and except that which Allah offers you. Do you see how being averse to the truth has caused you to have less than someone who accepts everything (wine, women, cigarettes, coffee, etc.) as a gift from Allah? If you instead approached all situations with the loving faith of a child, you would know that when Allah has your brother offer you a glass of wine, it is not going to hurt you- it is something for you to enjoy.
    My love for Allah is the love of a child for it's parent. Allah is with me in all my steps, and would not bring me something that is bad for me. I have learned to trust Allah's judgement instead of the prohibitions of religion as the true measure for righteousness. If Allah brings me wine, I enjoy it. If Allah brings me women, I enjoy them. If Allah brings me food, I enjoy it.
    The thing you must realise is that Allah has made these prohibitions to be undesirable to children so that we rely upon Allah for guidance instead of silly religious prohibitions. You are supposed to rely on the loving kindness of Allah. ​
    Who does more wrong than someone who utters lies against Allah's loving kindness, then someone who causes someone to reject Allah's gifts by preaching the following of prohibitions instead of reliance upon Allah to provide us with what we need.

16. catstevens

And to obey and worship him.
    Quraan: 8:20:
    O you who believe! Obey Allah and his Messenger
    Quraan: 2: 21:
    O mankind! Worship your Lord (Allah), who created you and those who were before you
    Not everything which is desirable means that God has given it to us for our good?Did God tell you that? Desirable things are different from a person to another,
    Quraan: 2:216:
    '' … and it may be that you dislike a thing which is good for you and that you like a thing which is bad for you. Allah knows but you do not know''
    Not fun rather to become a clown or joker and sometimes is deadly, unfortunately I know someone who dead and the wine is the reason [​IMG] his kidney was destroyed.
    I don't want to embrace this innovated religion ''Kharakovism'' what does your name mean?
    I already clarified the Divine Preordainment matter.
    I am not following it because I am greedy for greater bounties and rewards, I love Allah, and I will do whatever he wants from me.
    Quraan: 3:31: my love Allah states:
    Say (O Muhammad to mankind): ''if you (really) love Allah then follow me (i.e. accept Islamic Monotheism, follow the Quraan and the Sunnah), Allah will love you and forgive you your sins, and Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.
    So if we really love Allah we have to obey him and follow his commands and if we will do this he will love us [​IMG]
    Hey Kharakov! I don't want anything from this life, I don't care about anything except my relationship with Allah, my enjoyment is different from those whom you are talking about, my happiness is my belief, my dear Allah.

YoursSincerely,
    CatStevens

17. catstevens

False prophets according to what you have said this?
    Quraan: 2:87:
    And indeed I gave Moses the Book and followed him up with a succession of Messengers. And I gave Jesus the son of Mary, clear signs and supported him with Ruh-ul-Qudus [Gabriel] . is it that whenever there came to you a messenger with what you yourselves desired not, you grew arrogant ? Some you disbelieved and some you killed.
    So who is the true prophet then? Do not tell me that you are that prophet? :)

HaHaHA
    COME ON KHARAKOV! ARE YOU SERIOUS :)
    How is that and he is saying:
    Quraan: 59:7:
    … And whatsoever the messenger (Muhammad) gives you, take it; and whatsoever he forbids you, abstain (from it)
    I have asked you how is that and he is saying, but I don't need an answer.

However or actually you are talking about another truth and another God who I don't believe in him and whose his teachings are totally different from my beloved God Allah, so '' I worship not that which you worship '' 109:2 '' And I shall not worship that which you are worshipping" 109:4 " to you be your religion, and to me my religion'' 109:6 '' (either) we or you are rightly guided or in plain error'' 34:24

My love for him is more than my love to my parents :)
    Yours Sincerely,
    Cat Stevens