Best verses in the Bible

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by catstevens, Aug 17, 2005.

1. catstevens

catstevens Muslim Top To Toe

Aha :) thank you of late (afterhand) è (''welcome'' beforehand)

Dan67

Yes I am, frankly :) , thank you, but why do you think so?

Father and son, Child for a day, Glad I'm alive, How many times, I love my dog, Majik of Majiks, Matthew and son, Moon shadow, Morning has broken, Old schoolyard, Peace train, sad Lisa, the wind, fill my eyes and others.

I think I prefer Peace train J.

I like your signature :)

MrRee

Ahhhaa :) , you just wrote what contradict your telling, and if so just give proofs.
    I AM NOT GOD, AND NEVER WILL BE. I TELL YE, YE ARE NOT GODS AND NEVER WILL BE (GUARANTEED 1000 000 %), DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME BY FOOLING YOURSELF ALL THE TIME. BE TRUE TO YOUR SELF, THAT'S IT.

Yours Sincerely,
    Cat Stevens

2. Libertine

Libertine Guru of Hedonopia

It's still bullshit.

3. catstevens

:mad:

It is bad in the illegal form. That's it.
    Matthew: 19:4:
    ''Haven't you read,'' he replied, ''that at the beginning the Creator made them male and female,5: and said: for this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh,6: so they are no longer two, but one.
    See my love Jesus didn't say sex is bad, never. See how he liken it to a marvelous likening, sister Jesus pbuh is really worthy to love. Read more about him, surely you will love him.

Yours Sincerely,
    Cat Stevens

4. catstevens

I want to add

Matthew: 15:14:

Leave them; they are blind guides. If a blind man leads a blind man, both will fall into a pit.

WOW, O God's messenger, :) I think there are many blinds guiding other blinds unfortunately.

O God forgive us all, because I swear to you my Lord that they don't know :( , your mercy. Amen.
    I love you Jesus, love me
    Yours Sincerely,
    Cat Stevens

5. Trickster's Child

Trickster's Child Banned

I will guide the blind through darkness though I cannot see my self

6. MollyBloom

MollyBloom Member

My favorite verse for the past year:

"Jesus said to them, 'My time has not yet come, but your time is always here.'"

John 7:6

7. Dan67

Dan67 Member

You don't trash Christianity for one thing.

I would have to agree with you about Peace Train after thinking about it for awhile.

I believe my signature is the simplest way, that I can show people my point of view. But somehow I still find myself trying to find more words.

8. Dan67

Dan67 Member

Do you think these words can be implanted in the middle of some peoples think skulls? That would be a REAL medical breakthrough! Wouldn't it?

9. catstevens

What isn't bullshit then? :) share us with love.

I hope you both wouldn't fall into a pit, I hope too that both of you will see the light. :) Amen. But I think the blind won't accept your offer to guide him if he knew that you cannot see yourself J

Wow mollybloom wow, I loved it so much, thank you very much for sharing. Wow indescribable.

Dan67

:), they love Jesus pbuh man, Jesus is my love too, I want to share them my love.
    Quraan: 5:82:
    … and you will find the nearest in love to the believers (Muslims) those who say: we are Christians. That is because amongst them are priests and monks, and they are not proud.
    Christians are friendly and lovely and kind that's right.

It is like if you can make a wolf as pet so rather the human being can be. You can see there are friendly wolfs and lions è circus etc. I meant by human beings è killers, rapers, thieves etc.

The question is to MollyBloom , but I agree with you.
    I love you Jesus, love me
    Yours Sincerely,
    Cat Stevens

10. smlchance

smlchance Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

hey catstevens i'm interested in your posts. It's fascinating that you love Jesus and the Christian bible as well as the Holy Koran. What do you think explains that Jesus started a church with his disciples and then 500 years later Muhammed gets messages from an angel? What is God the creator doing here? Why screw around? is this all just some kind of funny cosmic joke? Christians and Muslims? How can this be explained? Allah is a horrible slavedriver right?

11. catstevens

Thank you.

Well, I wrote a thread about (similar teachings between Christianity & Islam) you can find it herehttp://www.hipforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101956

And (Jesus & Moses & Mohd are messengers from one God)

So, When you found similar teachings between Islam and Christianity that is meaning that some teachings in the Quraan was already existed before the Quraan has revealed, I mean the heavenly messages. We Muslims believe that Neither Muhammad (peace be upon him) nor Jesus (peace be upon him) nor Moses (peace be upon him) came to change the basic doctrine of the belief in one God, brought by earlier prophets, but rather to confirm and renew it. Briefly Jesus and Muhammad are Allah's Prophets came for one message the belief in one God.

42:13:He (Allah) has ordained for you the same religion (Islamic Monotheism) which he ordained for Noah, and that which we have revealed to you (O Muhammad) and that which we ordained for Abraham, Moses and Jesus saying you should establish religion (i.e. to do what it orders you to do practically)

2:136: say (O Muslims), '' we believe in Allah and that which has been sent down to us and that which has been sent down to Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, and to [the offspring of the twelve sons of Jacob] and that which has been given to Moses and Jesus, and that which has been given to the Prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and to him we have submitted (in Islam).''

10:37: And this Quraan is not such as could ever be produced by other than Allah (Lord of the heavens and the earth) but it is a confirmation of (revelation) which was before it [i.e. the Torah and the Gospel]

I don't know if you know about the prophet Muhammad's story pbuh, but about the angel , Quraan is the word of Allah which was delivered by the angel Gabriel to Muhammad pbuh, the prophet memorized the verses he received and recited them to his companions, who happened to be with him. He then ordered them to immediately write the verses down.

But we Moslems do not believe that Jesus is a God or the Son of God, he is the messenger and prophet of God (Allah).

:(

As I said before; I think I will infect with heart disease for the many shocks and harsh responses with regard to my God my belief and my religion that I got it from some members of this forum, but it is still OK to me because, in this life we should struggle and the utter comfort is in the hereafter (Paradise). I swear to you O Allah they don't know, forgive us all, Amen. :.(…

I hope you will consider my feelings next time I am really so sensitive about my belief so sensitive. Curse me, swear me, insult me as much as you want I am satisfied, but please not my belief and loved. I have never cried because of a forum but this.

[​IMG]
    YoursSincerely,
    Sad CatStevens

12. "†"»AMBER«

"†"»AMBER« Member

The Lord is my light and my salvation--whom shall I fear?
    The Lord is the stronghold of my life--of whom shall I be afraid? --Psalm 27:1

Search me, O God, and know my heart;
    Try me, and know my anxieties;
    And see if there is any wicked way in me,
    And lead me in the way everlasting --Psalm 139: 23-24

13. Libertine

Libertine Guru of Hedonopia

JUDGES 1:19
    And the LORD was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

14. "†"»AMBER«

"†"»AMBER« Member

Since i have 2 jobs Yes I do hate to work fuzzychinnuts, and Your only pissed all the time is because YOU have rejected God and have nothing good in your life to show for except for your rudeness to others.

15. catstevens

WoW, thank you very much sister for sharing us :), I gonna get Psalm

Judges! I know Jude :)

Yours Sincerely,
    Cat Stevens

16. catstevens

I am not sure if something happened out this thread between you, but why didn't you then approach her with love, I mean if you want to clarify to her something do it with love? But you are telling her that and forgetting your self in your responses to her?
    Matthew: 7: 3:
    Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay not attention to the plank in your own eye?
    Quraan: 2:44:
    Enjoin you Al-Birr (piety and righteousness and each and every act of obedience Allah) on the people and you forget (to practice it) yourselves

Yeah sometimes we forget ourselves when we become angry or something disturb us, but we don't have to make the forgetfulness our lifelong excuse, because we should learn from our mistakes and try to avoid repeating it again in the future, when we find our selves suddenly angry and harsh with others so we have to stop immediately and try to control our selves, day after day it will become easies in controlling our reactions, and yeah whenever you find your self crying out on some one or in a fight (arguing) then a sincere smile will soften the mood and the situation . All of us make mistakes, it isn't shame the shame is when we insist to do the same fault. The injury heals fast but not the injury of feelings. All of us have feelings.
    If someone made a mistake publicly, then we have to give him the advice publicly so the others will avail from the advice too, and it isn't weakness in apology we all do mistakes and the good mistaken those whom learned from their mistakes. If I cursed you then be better than me, it isn't mean if you won't curse me too that you are coward or weak, the strong is he who can control himself at anger moment è (prophet Mohd saying).

We are here in a forum a place to discuss issues and share not to fight and swear.
    I don't know why there are many of members if they read a thread or something which disagrees with their opinion or belief they start cursing, swearing as someone is obligating them to accept his opinion or belief compulsorily? It doesn't mean if I wrote something disagrees with your opinion that I am obligating you to accept it or I am insulting or sneering you, no. you don't have to accept my point of view as I don't have to accept yours, but we can discuss it without hurting each other , with respectful way, with love. Just answer the call of your heart :) , Do not ignore it as well as your conscience because if you will day after day it will die and nothing will affect itè (will become harsh, stonyhearted)

Quraan: 41:34:
    The good deed and the evil deed cannot be equal. Rebel (the evil) with one which is better (i.e. Allah orders the faithful believers to be patient at the time of anger, and to excuse those who treat them badly) then verily he, between whom and you there was enmity, (will become) as though he was a close friend. 35: But none is granted it (the above quality) except those who are patient (i.e. who exercise patience and self restraint)…

Quraan: 49:11: O you, who believe, let not a group scoff at another group; it may be that the latter are better than the former. Nor let (some) women scoff at other women, it may be that the latter are better than the former. Nor defame one another, nor insult one another by nicknames.

Matthew: 5:4:
    Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted, 5: Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth 6: Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.7: Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy…11: Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12: Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
    Amen :)
    WoW, I am waiting your return my dear Jesus pbuh

Matthew: 5:43:
    You have heard that it was said, Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.44: but I tell you: Love your enemies, and pray for those who persecute you

O members don't take off the topic, please

My deepest sincere best wishes

Yours Sincerely,
    Cat Stevens

17. catstevens

I want to add this to my previous response on this quoting:
    If you meant: Why was the need for another prophet after Jesus pbuh and another revelation after the bible?
    As a Moslem: All of the prophets came to teach their people the oneness of God. In the case of Jesus he was only sent as a messenger to Israel people Matthew: 15: 24: he answered: I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.
    As a Muslim we believe that every prophet sent to special(particular) people, for example, Jesus and Moses were sent by Allah to children of Israel only,

'' And we gave Moses the Scripture and made it a guidance for the Children of Israel'' 17:2

'' And will make him (Jesus) a Messenger to the children of Israel…''
    Chapter: 3, verse: 49

But Muslims believe that Prophet Muhammad ( peace be upon him) sent to all people (whole mankind).

'' And we have sent you O Muhammad not but as a mercy for the Alamin (mankind, jinn and all that exist)''
    Chapter 21, verse: 107

What happened was that all of these prophets (before Muhammad) were not well received by the majority of the people, for instance they started tampering with the teachings of Moses and Jesus peace be upon them

Ex.1:
    Matthew: 15: 3:
    And why do you break the command of God for the sake of your tradition? 4: for God said: honor your father and mother and anyone who curses his father or mother must be put to death.5: but you say that if a man says to his father or mother whatever help you might otherwise have received from me is a gift devoted to God.6: he is not to honor his father with it.Thus you nullify the word of God for the sake of your tradition. 7: You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you 8: These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. 9: they worship me in vain; their teaching are but rules taught by men.

Quraan: 2: 79:
    Then woe to those who write the Book with their own hands and then say, ''This is from Allah'' …Woe to them for what their hands have written
    Quraan: 2:85:
    … Then do you believe in a part of the Scripture and reject the rest?

Ex.2:
    Matthew: 23:16:
    Woe to you, blind guides! You say, if anyone swears by the temple, it means nothing; but if anyone swears by the gold of the temple, he is bound by his oath. 17: you blind fools! Which is greater: the gold, or the temple that makes the gold sacred? ...22: And he who swears by heaven swears by God's throne and by the one who sits on it.
    5: 34: but I tell you Do not swear at all: either by heaven for it is God's throne … 37: simply let your yes be yes and your no be no; any thing beyond this comes from the evil.

Ex.3:
    In Genesis 17:10, it is written, '' 9: And God said to Abraham, ' As for you, you shall keep my covenant, you and your descendants after you throughout their generations. 10: This is my covenant, which you shall keep, between me and you and your descendants after you: Every male among you shall be circumcised. 11: You shall be circumcised in the flesh of your foreskins and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and you. 12: He that is eight days old among you shall be circumcised; every male throughout your generations, whether born in your house, or bought with your money from any foreigner who is not of your offspring, 13: both he that is born in your house and he that is bought with your money, shall be circumcised. So shall my covenant be in your flesh an everlasting covenant.''

In the Gospel according to Luke 2:21: '' And at the end of eight days, when he was circumcised, he was called Jesus, the name given by the angel before he was conceived in the womb.''

Consequently, to be circumcised was a part of Jesus' way (Peace be upon him). However, today most Christians are not circumcised, because of a rational introduced by Paul. He claimed that circumcision was the circumcision of the heart. In his letter to the Romans 2:29, he wrote: '' He is a Jew who is one inwardly, and real circumcision is a matter of the heart, spiritual and not literal.'' In his letter to the Galatians 5:2, he wrote: '' Now I, Paul, say to you that if you receive circumcision, Christ will be of no advantage to you.''(*) this was Paul's false interpretation. On the other hand, Jesus was not circumcised by the heart nor did he say anything about circumcision of the heart; he kept the '' everlasting covenant'' and was circumcised in the flesh. Thus, an important part of following the way of Jesus (Peace be upon him) is circumcision.

-----------------------------------------
    (*): See also Galatians 6:15, he wrote: '' neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything; what counts is a new creation.'' My comment on this: if you don't know what it means , that doesn't mean that it is meaning nothing?? And not your job to say what counts is and what doesn't.

If that circumcision was the circumcision of the heart, then read again:
    Every male among you shall be circumcised. Every male, that because girls doesn't have foreskins? Foreskin n. fold of skin covering the end of the penis. Penis: n. male organ of copulation.
    11: You shall be circumcised in the flesh of your foreskin it is really clear.
    For more details about Circumcision click here

Again What happened was that all of these prophets (before Muhammad) were not well received by the majority of the people, for instance they started tampering with the teachings of Moses and Jesus peace be upon them that is why Allah sent Muhammad with the last Message (i.e. the Quraan) to bring all of mankind back to the belief in and worship of one God, without partners or intermediaries.
    Quraan: 27:76:
    Verily, this Quraan narrates to the Children of Israel most of that in which they differ.

Quraan: 15:9:
    Verily, I, it is I who have sent down the Dhikr (i.e. Quraan) and surely I will guard it (from corruption).

Please don't take off the topic again. What is the wrong in posting a new thread or using the private messages?
    Yours Sincerely,
    Cat Stevens

18. catstevens

Addition
    Matthew: 12: 33:
    Make a tree good and its fruit will be good, or make a tree bad and its fruit will be bad, for a tree is recognized by its fruit. 34: you brood of vipers, how can you who are evil say anything good? For out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks. 35: the good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him.36: but I tell you that men will have to give account on the Day of Judgment for every careless word they have spoken. 37: for by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned.
    Surely you are my love, my dear Jesus pbuh Y
    Yours Sincerely,
    Cat Stevens

19. catstevens

Addition
    Parable of the sower
    Mark: 4:
    3: Listen! A farmer went out to sow his seed. 4: As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path, and the birds came and ate it up. 5: some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil. It sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow. 6: but when the sun came up, the plants were scorched, and they withered because they had no root. 7: other seed fell among thorns, which grew up and choked the plants, so that they did not bear again. 8: still other seed fell on good soil. It came up, grew and produced a crop, multiplying thirty, sixty, or even a hundred times.
    Parable of the sower explained
    Mark: 4:
    13: then Jesus said to them, don't you understand this parable? How then will you understand any parable? 14: the farmer sows the word. 15: some people are like seed along the path, where the word is sown. As soon as they hear it, Satan comes and takes away the word that was sown in them. 16: others, like seed sown on rocky places, hear the word and at once receive it with joy. 17: but since they have no root, they last only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, they quickly fall away. 18: still others, like seed sown among thorns, hear the word; 19: but the worries of this life, the deceitfulness of wealth and the desires for other things come in and choke the word, making it unfruitful. 20: others, like seed sown on good soil, hear the word, accept it, and produce a crop-thirty, sixty or even a hundred times what was sown.
    21: he said to them, do you bring in a lamp to put it under a bowl or a bed? Instead, don't you put it on its stand? 22: for whatever is hidden is meant to be disclosed, and whatever is concealed is meant to be brought out into the open. 23: if anyone has ears to hear, let him hear. :)
    My love goes to you dearest JesusY (pbuh)
    Comment:
    15: some people are like seed along the path, where the word is sown. As soon as they hear it, Satan comes and takes away the word that was sown in them.
    You can be stronger than Satan, by feeding your soul with righteousness and other good pure righteous things, your soul becomes hungry too not just your stomach and body :) and don't just blame Satan all the time blame yourself too.
    Yours Sincerely,
    Cat Stevens

20. Erise

Erise Member

Looks very similar (IE: the exact same) list you posted a few threads back, that I answered fully.