Best time to transplant seedlings?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Growing Techniques' started by bratgirl, Oct 23, 2013.

1. bratgirl

bratgirl Member

My seelings range from 3 inches to 4 1/2 inches tall. I'm watching for roots coming out of the bottom of the trays, no roots yet. How long should I wait to transplant? I must be patient. I have heard with age comes patients. So I guess at 26 I haven't earned my badge of patients yet. Thanks in advance, Brat Girl.

2. deleted

deleted Visitor

wait til the stem hardens up a little.

3. bratgirl

bratgirl Member

Thank you orison for such a quick answer. It's nice to meet someone willing to share the know how.

4. wobs

wobs Senior Member

northwest of where bratgirl?

5. mary me

mary me Guest

what is the size of the pot you are currently growing your seedlings? if you have them in small cups, you can transplant the seedlings once they're already a few inches tall but keep in mind that frequent transplanting may stress them.. as for me, i do transplanting only up to 2 times for the entire growth of the plants

6. SamKush

SamKush Member

If you have them babies in a big pot then no need to transplant immediately especially when they are too young. The size of your pot matters when transplanting.
    If the babies are about the height of the cups they're in, might as well consider transplanting them already. :)