Best strain for ending the hiatus?

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by 6-eyed shaman, Apr 7, 2018.

1. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Hi everyone.

It's been a long while since I last got stoned. My tolerance is very low; at this point I'm a 1-hit-quitter.

I did have one of my brother's cookies he made with cannabutter. That got me so high and paranoid as hell. I had a bad high that time. It could've been the strain he used, or it was likely that I was not at peace with myself, and I was hating myself and my life at the time.

But since then, my life has improved. I'm making twice as much as I used to make. And I feel like I have a purpose once again. I'd like to get stoned once again, and I'd like to know what strain to look for that won't get me paranoid, anxious, or panic. It's very important that it doesn't cause that for me.

2. deleted

deleted Visitor

Cannabis strains can be separated into two major families, the Indica family and the Sativa family. Indica strains will leave you feeling relaxed, sleepy, hungry and downright chilled out. Sativa on the other hand is known for its ability to stimulate the mind, the creative process and productivity and in some people excitement and anxiety..

3. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

i am enjoying something called cantaloupe...also violator kush

stick to the indica......and hurry up will ya...looking forward to a more mellow political stance haha

oh..i also recommend any of the cheese strains

or good ol fashioned skunk number 1 :)

6-eyed shaman likes this.
  4. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I'm the same as you, i've basically quit and it was because of a bad experience with an edible, just got me way too high and anxious and ever sense then certain strains will set off that anxiety and paranoia.

But once every few months I will get a wild hair and take a couple of hits of something. The last couple of strains I've had really good luck with. A couple of nights ago I had white kush and if you want something to relax you and help you sleep I dont think you can beat it. Cannabis rarely makes me sleepy but this knocked me out after a couple of hours

And a couple of months ago I tried Mr Nice Guy which was good too, no anxiety at all and it had me up dancing and feeling energetic and euphoric

5. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Indeed I'm familiar with the Indica and Sativa categories. When you're buying it on the street, you usually run into a supplier who doesn't know what the fuck he/she is selling. I have had some strains before that kept my body relaxed to the sofa, but my mind was active and anxious. That may've been a hybrid of a bad variety.

Yesterday I bought some Dutch Treat, which the budtender suggested for a mellow high to get back into it. It seemed to work beautifully as an indica dominant strain. Back when I smoked heavily, I preferred sativas, but I don't think I'm ready yet.

Thanks for the suggestions; I'll have to give those strains a try as well. The last time I had an edible, I didn't realize it was a canna-cookie until it was too late LOL. I plan to use cannabis to help me overcome my dependence on sleeping pills.

6. deleted

deleted Visitor

Do you use caffeine?

7. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I would say Blue Dream. :) but that's what I always say. I haven't used pot in forever.

eggsprog likes this.