Best rolling papers

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by newo, Oct 13, 2022.

1. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I'm re-posting this from Yoda's Cannabis Lounge.

I'd like to talk about rolling papers. I don't roll joints very often anymore but now and then.

I think Zig Zags are not that good. They don't roll or burn evenly. Zig Zag is an example of marketing over manufacturing.

[​IMG]

A friend of mine says he likes Top, they cost less.

[​IMG]

I'm currently using Raw Organic Hemp papers. They roll nicely and smoke evenly.

[​IMG]

Another one I can recommend is Abadie. Nice and smooth.

[​IMG]

SO, WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND?

2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

3. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

I have a collection from the late sixties, early seventies somewhere.
    Ones with a built in roach clip, American flag papers, 1 1/2s, stuff like that.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Tyrsonswood

Rizla+ used to make good rice papers. I used them and ZigZag a lot...

Back in the street racing days of the 70's I was the "ZigZag man"... I had made a cast aluminium custom front license plate for my car in metal shop that was the ZigZag paper cover... With the "man smoking" and the logo. Teacher never knew about it. I was also the guy that could roll one properly so I got to roll a bunch of numbers when others had weed. (Obviously I was invited to smoke them... Perks.)

The ZigZag name stuck for awhile.

MeAgain likes this.
  5. MeAgain

6. Tyrsonswood

Yup... That guy.

7. Abrianna_Holladay

Abrianna_Holladay Newbie

Everyone these days just buys those tobacco wraps. Actually rolling paper with some taste would be cheaper. Oh well

~Zen~ likes this.
  8. newo

I've used the wraps before, they do a better job than joints but they are a bit of a hassle to fill them with weed. The great thing about joints is they're portable, you could roll a couple, place them inside a pack of cigarettes and take them with you. But now they have pipes which can close up or padded pouches to carry a glass pipe around with you. Pipes toke better than joints, so nowadays I roll a joint now and then just for the hell of it.

9. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

Wraps are disgusting.

Who would waste good herb wrapping it in TOBACCO!

It goes against every grain of sensibility in my mind.

MeAgain and Tyrsonswood like this.
  10. thepapasmurph

thepapasmurph Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

My daughter loves "RAW" cones. she orders them off Amazon. What do you think of those? I haven't ordered any. I am a novice. I would like to not be a novice.

~Zen~ likes this.
  11. ~Zen~

RAW sells hemp cones, yay!

They also sell tobacco cones, you have to check the package to see...

I liked pre-rolled cones, from Europe. They have a filter tip already in place :)

12. newo

I take it you don't like spliffs!

"Whereas a joint contains only cannabis, a spliff contains a mixture of cannabis and tobacco. And spliffs are not to get confused with “blunts”, which also contain tobacco, but less. In fact, blunts are rolled and wrapped in paper that already contain tobacco and look more like cigars or thicker cigarettes."

[​IMG]

FritzDaKatx2 likes this.
  13. ~Zen~

That is interesting...

When I grew up in the islands, visiting Jamaica once in a while from home-base on St Thomas, we called a spliff a joint wrapped with a banana leaf.

In NorCal a spliff was merely a giant joint.

But times change and so do perspectives! Thank you for the clarification :)

And no I only like the pure, mon.

When in Morocco they handed me a sipsi loaded with what they called 'kief.' Turned out to be tobacco mixed with hashish.

So I bought my own sipsi and found some really fine King Hassan Gold... divine hash from Katama :) ... in Katama of all places!

MeAgain and Tyrsonswood like this.
  14. straightma1e

straightma1e Members

This may be drifting away from the theme of the thread but I have to inquire for my own education. When I was a kid head shops surrounded college campuses. They had everything you needed to consume weed except for weed. We used to go in for an hour or so because somebody was always toking and covering the odor with incense. We'd get a second hand high. They always a bunch of papers available for rolling. That was a time when convenience stores were just getting started. (QT and 7-11 types) These stores had a small assortment of paper at the front counter and I remember Zig Zag being popular. I don't see them anymore at the QT's. I don't see head shops around either. What am I missing? Can you only get paper on line these days? I don't smoke but enjoy an edible every now and then and am wondering - where have all the papers gone?

15. newo

Where do you live? Is it somewhere weed has been legalized?

16. Tyrsonswood

I go to a place that is a "tobacco shop" that also sells stuff you would normally see in a head shop.

17. straightma1e

straightma1e Members

No, I live in a non legal state.
    Ah ha! Brain kicks into gear. Yes, since the use of tobacco has waned smoke shops have been established. There is a smoke shop in a strip mall near me. Never go there as I don't smoke. Not even cannabis. I only use edibles. But that makes sense. Thanks.

18. Toker

Toker Lifetime Supporter

Last edited: Nov 26, 2022
  19. MeAgain

Reading this stuff caused me to remember a few things I had forgotten about.
    One was the soapstone chillum I used to have.
    I looked around the net but apparently the one I had isn't available anymore. It was about 5" tall and had a lid and stone filter. You held it vertically with the stem between your first and second fingers, formed a fist and inhaled through the hole in your fist made by your thumb and first finger. So your mouth never touched the pipe. Good for these times of Covid.

[​IMG]
    The second thing was my old smokeless toker. Which apparently you can't get anymore either.
    This was a joint holder made out of a clear plastic pipe with a metal cap at each end. One end held the mouth piece and the other end had an opening with a rubber flap. You placed a lit joint in the mouth piece then added the plastic tube and other end cap.
    When you inhaled the flap would open allowing air in to burn the joint. Then the flap would close trapping the unused smoke inside.
    No smoke escaped to alert others, and no waste!
    Good for discreet good times.

20. Tyrsonswood