Best Psychedelics for Social Anxiety

Discussion in 'Psychedelics' started by GnarlyBrown, Jul 22, 2013.

1. GnarlyBrown

GnarlyBrown Member

I have always been interested in psychedelics for spiritual purposes and insight. But my anxiety is a problem that is only getting worse and its setting me back . I'm wondering what psychedelics are good for treating social anxiety and are there any that can cure social anxiety? (I know DMT is the god of psychedelics and breakthroughs but there's no way I'll find that where I live)

2. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

MDMA is the best for treating social anxiety. Full on cure would likely require a concomitant traditional therapy and the drug for most individuals.

3. GnarlyBrown

GnarlyBrown Member

I had a feeling someone would say mdma

4. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

In terms of something that can help you deal with your issues more deeply I think nothing beats LSD. Mushrooms/rc tryptamines are also incredible for therapy. really any psychedelic experience can help you if that is your intention going into it.

5. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Certain psychedelics cater better to certain things and MDMA tends to facilitate openness and empathy in a unique way while still feeling in your own skin. Brief commentary on it...

6. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

~25mg of 4-AcO-DMT worked wonders for my social anxiety. I assumed the opposite would be true, but I was completely worry-free when interacting with strangers in very public places.

7. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Where do you obtain that?

8. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

It's legal, so any RC website. However note that TNS is not giving the kind of answer or suggestion the OP is looking for; 4-aco-dmt is a powerful psychedelic, but i would not recommend taking a dose of it to acutely help with social anxiety, lol. you'll be tripping. some people feel very disinhibited by these effects and it's just lalala, other people might completely shut down and need to lie in bed.

it certainly isn't a 'clean' way to combat social anxiety. better way would be to address why the anxiety is there, and for that, something like 4-aco-dmt is wonderful, at closer to 40mg. but NOT as a "gosh i'm in the mall and feeling a little socially anxious, better pop 25mg 4-aco-dmt" :)

9. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

This. I definitely wouldn't recommend it as a treatment for social anxiety, which I probably should've said in my initial post. I'm just saying my social anxiety was non-existent when I dosed ~25mg of 4aces in public. Then again, I'm the guy who went to see my probation officer while tripping on 2C-T-2 and went to the dentist on 2C-I. lol

10. GnarlyBrown

GnarlyBrown Member

Yeah I heard the same thing on a 4-aco-dmt report.

11. shermin

shermin Bazooka Tooth

low doses of 2c-c, 2c-b, and aMT have had some anxiolytic effect for me

12. MeatyMushroom

MeatyMushroom Juggle Tings Proppuh

aMT's not a bad choice with some friends, worked for me. I'd opt for MDMA though.

13. Hedgeclipper

Hedgeclipper Qiluprneeels Nixw

I always found psychedelics increased my social anxiety with strangers but decreased it with close friends. Even if they don't outright improve your condition by birtue of taking them alone,psycheedelics be able to hekp you identify the source of your social anxiety and, through that, you could work on your problem.

14. FlyingFly

FlyingFly Dickens

As long as you have got pure MDMA it has the smallest chance to fuck you up from other psychedelics.

Remember that you won't necessarly have the best time in your life, you have 50-50 chances for having a bad trip with other stuff. And even more with every additional mg and the fact that it is your first time with psychedelics. (if it is)

For "treatment" I'd suggest below small dose. You won't trip, but it will affect your brain.

For "life-changing" trip, not always in a good way, medium to high dose of any of Shulgins kids, or shrooms/lsd/mescaline.

Go for salvia/dmt only if you have experience with other psychedelics.
    holy shit, man... :D

15. DrummingJoey

DrummingJoey Member

MDMA helped me escape my paranoid feelings about socializing. I can't really say that psychedelics helped me with being more social, but they did help me realize who I am as a person and become comfortable with it.

If you are looking for something to help you come out of your shell, MDMA can have positive effects that can last for months, or longer if you use that post-roll glow to train yourself for more effective communication. The key is to be strong with the follow-up and not count on the drug to do all the work. A lot of it has to come from you, the same as psychedelics.

16. Green a

Green a Member

I wouldnt recomend any typical psycedelics for reducing social anxiety i always get really akward when i trip. Mdma always makes me less awkward and more social

17. GnarlyBrown

GnarlyBrown Member

Had a great experience with 2c-e around a week ago. I had a weak ego loss and really realized how easy it is to talk to people. I need something stronger though which I'm finally getting access too.

18. Silent_Bob92

Silent_Bob92 Member

For short term, I'd say stimulants such as cocaine, meth, adderall, mdma. They always do the job of "transforming" your social level to the fullest even if it's for that day or two.

For long term, have absolutely no idea but I'd stay away from anti depressants.

19. untitled-10

untitled-10 Guest

4-ho-MiPT did wonders for me, ive been feeling pretty free of anxity recently since taking it, and it was better than shrooms because it wasnt that confusing

20. ψυχοναυτης

ψυχοναυτης Members

MDMA has helped me a lot but the first hangover kinda floored me. As long as you anticipate it though it's not bad. Weed has helped with the introspection process as well. Another thing I've done and still do but not as often, which might sound a little silly, is look into my eyes in the mirror and say "I accept myself unconditionally, right now.". If you can say that to yourself, even though you absolutely think you can't, if you can accept yourself at your worst, then what else is there? You deny yourself rejection by accepting yourself fully. In doing so you become your own support and that's the most important support to have.

I've also read somewhere of a mind exercise where you focus on peoples good traits. When you walk into a room filled with people, instead of letting the tsunami of self-doubt drown you, you ride that sucker and you just concentrate on noticing that she has a nice smile, or that he seems kind, or that the old couple are cute together. Stuff like that.