Best Place to buy your weed!!!

Discussion in 'Amsterdam' started by UFO, May 12, 2004.

1. UFO

UFO Banned

I think the best place to buy weed in A'dam is in the Greenhouse which almost but not quite opposite the marijuana museum, just over the bridge.
    It has a good vibe and the dealers counter has a microscope so you can check the crystal content. It's slightly cheaper than more central coffee shops and it's always busy with pretty girls serving drinks. ;) ;) ;)

2. velvet

velvet Banned

I'm not really a smoker, but I think that you are okay in the weed-buying thing as long as you stay away from the major tourist coffeeshops (like the Bulldog?). I might be completely mistaken here, but as a tourist I don't think you have to find your way across town just for one special coffeeshop. There are lots of pretty nice ones. I like the vibe in 'De Rokerij' near Leidseplein.. but there are a lot of chill ones.

Just my two cents :)

3. SyZyGy

SyZyGy Member

Im taking a trip to Amsterdam w/ family in September. What would be great is if people could post their favorite strains (and from which particular coffee shop its from). I'm only going to be there for a few days, and will have to do touristy things w/ family as well (visit museums, canal-hopping, things other than just getting stoned and falling asleep all day), So id really like to know what to spend the precious little time i have being stoned on. MUCH APPRECIATED.

4. UFO

UFO Banned

White Widow from the Greenhouse was superb for me.

5. Lanstar Zero

Lanstar Zero Member

My favorite strain was definitely the Double Bubble from the Grey Area.

My 2nd favorite would probably be the Blueberry from The Noon - they have a 5 grams/23 Euro deal there for it!

6. marko

marko Member

Hey there Dam fans,

I have been many times and can guide as follows:
    Coffeeshops are all pretty much of a muchness, there are however some that are infinately better than others. The following is a generalisation that is pretty true.
    Avoid the real touristy traps - anything with a lot of neon, an animal in the name or marley orientated.
    Look for the coffeeshops with loads of bikes parked outside - this is where the locals are buying. Good tactic for eateries too!

My faves - The Rokerij (top quality), Grey Area, Kadinsky, Tweede Kamer.
    Puff on folks.

7. UFO

UFO Banned

I have also been many, many times and go regularly to the Dam and I agree not to buy your weed in a tourist orientated coffee shop like the Grasshopper and Bulldogs. Unbelievably in one of the Bulldogs an old hag of a woman sat in front of the toilet entrance and charged people to go to the loo, so we swivelled on our heals out of there. Also, what's the point in going to the Grasshopper only to bump into typical football shirt wearing yobs when there's so many great alternatives elsewhere.

The Greenhouse (near Marijuana museum) and Tweed Kamer are good places to score, after all both actually supply the pure stuff to those who need it medicinally, which is a good sign. I also found the price to be a little cheaper per gram than going to more central coffee shops like Sheeba and Baba, although Baba is an OK place to hang out in only if your lucky to get a seat.

Anyway, despite the so called "Top Weed" in A'dam which is OK, I hate to say it but I score better grass in the UK, you just need to know the right dealer although it's more expensive in the UK than A'dam.
    UFO

8. billhicksrulez

billhicksrulez Member

I don't know if you can buy the best grass here, but I know it is the best indoor place to smoke it:
    the Kashmir Lounge in the Jan Pieter Heijestraat.
    Find it on your map, it is worth it.

9. canfordcliffs

canfordcliffs Banned

Yaay! for Grey Area.. not the most comfy of coffeeshops but its run by two cool Yanks and John is a scream and their dope is Top Quality. So I usually buy there and smoke elswhere.

Lets not forget De Dampkring where the strars of Oceans Twleve were recently seen enjoying themselves...a good place to buy and sit down and enjoy....I recco their cheese toasties and that mad cat that walks all over everyone....such a stonned pussy.

http://www.eatdrinketc.com/amsterdam/source/site_content_item.asp?item_id=1017&channel_id=11
    http://www.eatdrinketc.com/amsterdam/source/site_content_item.asp?item_id=204&channel_id=11

10. dhs

dhs Senior Member

I think it was Barneys? that I liked the best - I don't know, I went to so many it became hard to differentiate. It is true that the tourist trap places should be avoided.

Oh, and enjoy it while you can because if the new right wing politicians have there way, only residents will be allowed to purchase weed - a new law they are trying to pass.

11. pandiebeer

pandiebeer Member

Can you just go up into a coffeehouse and buy weed like it's no big deal?

12. dhs

dhs Senior Member

Yes, just like you were buying a drink at a bar

13. pandiebeer

pandiebeer Member

***drools***longs for Amsterdam***

14. Spinner

Spinner Member

*singing*
    What if God smoked Cannabis?