Best natural deodorants?

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by Crysee, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Crysee

Crysee Member

I am looking for some good natural deodorants or antiperspirants. I like the smell of Tom's but I start to stink really fast and it drys my skin out. I used to use tea tree oil mixed with water that I sprayed on and that worked well. Does anyone have a particular deodorant they love? Or any effective recipes for homemade deodorants? Thanks!

2. dreadzyahhmann22

dreadzyahhmann22 Member

if u go to realpharmacy.com i think it is, they have some recipes on how to make some i think

3. Crysee

Crysee Member

That link seems to be broken :/

4. dreadzyahhmann22

dreadzyahhmann22 Member

oops its realfarmacy.com i spelled wrong lol

5. deleted

deleted Visitor

vanilla .. and sea salt ..

6. Crysee

Crysee Member

I've never heard of using vanilla and sea salt. Is it a deodorant or an antiperspirant? Any specific reason you use that combination?

7. Miluiel

Miluiel Guest

I use one from Lush that has Patchouli in- I don't think it's 100% natural though. I like the tea tree spray idea I might try that!

8. Philippi

Philippi Guest

I just made my own deodorant from cocos oil, baking soda, maizena and some ethorische oil (for a nice scent, but not necessary)

9. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I never use deoderant....I just spray perfume under my arms and the alcohol in it kills the bacteria casuing any odor...I hear baking soda works wonders.....

10. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

They say the chemicals in deoderants blcks the pours that would normally sweat and can cause lumpy masses.....

11. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

You spelled it right, they spelled pharmacy wrong:)

12. cowboys filly

cowboys filly Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

There is a product called PitROK,Its a natural deodorant based on pure natural mineral salts

13. Peacock25

Peacock25 Member

I use Dr Organic and that works relatively well as long as you shower every day!

14. wiccan_witch

wiccan_witch Senior Member

I have unfortunately never found a natural deodorant that works. The crystal ones don't work, nor do the tea tree ones. Someone once told me about coconut oil being great, but I haven't tried it and not sure what the recipe is.

15. pipgirl

pipgirl Member

I use Dr Organic as well, I'm in love with that brand. I have their shampoo, conditioner, deo, and toothpaste. I love the fact that they're more natural and also cruelty-free.

I also have a completely natural deodorant from Chagrin Valley. They make completely natural stuff, love that brand too, but I haven't found them in Europe and the shipping is expensive :(.

Neither of them are very strong, but they work well for me :). I love both of them.

16. barefootlocks

barefootlocks Senior Member

Interesting. Is the vanilla beneficial to anything other than a pleasant smell?

17. Peacock25

Peacock25 Member

Do you always just use the one Dr Organic deodorant? I get so, so sweaty during yoga practice and I have a very manual job; somedays I swear it does nothing for me!

18. pipgirl

pipgirl Member

Almost always. Well they have different scents, which one do you have? I have the pomegranate one and it smells lovely. Maybe yours is less scented?

19. Peacock25

Peacock25 Member

I think mine is an aloe vera one, maybe tea tree...it's green! It doesn't really smell of anything, I'll definitely give the pomegranate one a go if it smells yummy!

20. pipgirl

pipgirl Member

Haha, I have the aloe vera shampoo and it certainly has a less obvious smell.

My pomegranate one is running low and I'll buy a different one very soon. I liked this one (still not as strong as a regular deo), but I'm sure I can find an even better smelling one. If I remember correctly, they are sealed, but if you find a tester for the body lotion, you can get an idea of what the smell is like.