Best live Grateful Dead song???

Discussion in 'Music' started by goldmund, Jan 11, 2005.

1. dhs

dhs Senior Member

If I had to pick one song to experience live - the one that melts me inside like no other - it would be Morning Dew. The few chances I got to experience that with Jerry at my first show and a handful of others including the last one he ever sang - were truly the most magical musical experiences I have ever had and always will be.

2. RainbowCat

RainbowCat Senior Member

i never got to see the grateful dead! i wish i had....

3. YEM28

YEM28 Member

late 70's morning dew are my favorites but the 72 European tour is amazing too

4. daysye

daysye dumb as a box of hammers

cosmic charlie.....rarely done, but oh so good

5. goldmund

goldmund Member

I was only able to see them a few times too (I was 16 on spring/summer tour 1995) The only morning dew I saw was absolutely incredible. A truly magical night surrounded by the chaos of the scene in 1995.

The Omni, Atlanta, GA (Sunday, 3/26/95)

Cold Rain and Snow, Little Red Rooster, Ramble On Rose, Me and My Uncle ->Big River, Lazy River Road, Eternity, Don't Ease Me In

Samson & Delilah, Its All Too Much, Crazy Fingers ->Estimated Prophet ->Terrapin Station -> Drums -> Space -> The Other One -> Morning Dew, E: Johnny B. Goode

6. goldmund

goldmund Member

I wish you had too. I never really understood the dead, or liked them, until I went to my first show. that changed everything, changed my entire perspective on life. I am glad that so much is available online through archive.org, gdlive.com, nugs.net, etc. none of that was out there and all kids had access to were, mostly, their studio releases which I thought, and still kinda think, suck.

7. methos

methos Member

My vote is for 'Uncle John's Band', not really from any particular show but rather a time frame. I'd say versions between 1970 and 1973 are the best.

8. lemon714

lemon714 Member

i have that prob trying to explain that a band *actually* made it *rain* at the last pittsburgh show.

i'm all about a cassidy.... something about the tempo change gives me goose bumps.