best kind of dog is....

Discussion in 'The Hip Polls' started by sweetdreadlover, Mar 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dancing_Sun

Dancing_Sun Member

Leonberger's are beautiful dogs. I have a friend that has one and he and my newfie are great friends especially swimming in the summer!!!

2. Traceroni.

Traceroni. Senior Member

I think I like labs and german shepards the best. Mastiffs are kinda cool, I used to have one but she died.

3. Toby Stanley

Toby Stanley Member

The obvious choice for me would be the smartest of all dogs which just happens to be Border Collies. I try to balance my Border Collies out with Australian Shepherds and Shetland Sheep Dogs to keep an eye on them with a Golden Retriever for the protection of a big dog when we are out hiking.

Of course, I have always believed dogs find us rather than the other way around, which means rescued mixed-breed dogs are simply the best of the best!

Here is a picture over a hundred years old of what many consider to be the first Border Collie and his name is "Old Hemp" which I think is just the coolest name from a different time.

[​IMG]

TominMontana likes this.
  4. Wysteria

Wysteria Member

I love pit bulls. I've always had one since I was little.

5. Creek

Creek Apple Pie

I Love Great Danes, They're Such Great Dogs. But Since That Wasn't An Option, I Voted For Labs = )

6. Psychadelik

Psychadelik Member

I love all dogs...but I think the Bergamasco Sheep Dog looks really cool :D

7. maddhatter

maddhatter Senior Member

Border collies are the shit!

8. Herbal Mage

Herbal Mage Member

Collie from whats available.

9. gnome89

gnome89 Member

i love belgium shepards?! i think thats how you spell it. But Rottwiellers are cooler =D

10. Coleosis

Coleosis Member

German Shepherderd would be my number one choice, but i didnt see it. Pit bull is what i picked because everyone i know except one were really loyal, loving dogs.

11. mystery girl

mystery girl Member

English Mastiff's are my choice...But from that list I think I'd have to say a Rottweiler

12. LinaJo76

LinaJo76 Member

You didn't put my favorite on here!!!

PUGS are the best....

13. bluewatersurfer

bluewatersurfer Members

Labs.......

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Y'all know what I'm gonna say. :D

rollingalong likes this.
  15. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

if you google ''ten best guard dogs for live stock and poultry'' my dog is a cross between the top 2....Great Pyrenese from the French alps is number 1 and Maremma sheepdog from the Italian alps is number 2....both purebreds are all white as is mine....although he has mud on his head in this picture as he often does :)

16. Chiefnut

Chiefnut Member

I'm on my 2nd German Shepherd and they are really smart. I also have a rescue husky and she's pretty darn sharp.

Irminsul and rollingalong like this.
  17. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Well done. :) GSD here also.

18. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I don't think there is a best kind. It's all about the training. No dog is prone to aggression more than the other.

I have always liked pitbulls. They are a misunderstood breed and people assume they are evil. I worked for an animal shelter for a while. The small purse sized dogs bite all the time the pits did not. Usually the small dog has a owner who thought it was "cute" to have a small thing so upset causing this behavior.

idahocowboy likes this.
  19. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

yeah, but some are easier to train than others.

i've had a lot of good dogs, and one idiot. the idiot was a beagle, which i have heard is kind of a stupid breed in general. he wasn't aggressive or anything, he just didn't seem to understand basic commands, like come here, or poop outside. he ended up running away when he was about two, never to be seen again.

20. idahocowboy

idahocowboy Members

Well put in many ways. There is no such a thing as "the best type" of dog. In my life I have had quite a few different breeds...Anatolian shepherd, Rhodesian ridgeback, wolf hybrids etc etc. I loved each and every one with all my heart. And currently I own a pitbull, a wonderful dog that means the world to me. Most people have no idea how to properly train a dog, this accounts for most of the behavior issues. This pit that I own now would gladly give his life for me if needed, and once in a dark parking lot showed just how far he would go to protect me. But, I would gladly do the same for him if needed. They are ALL wonderful if trained and taught correctly. Same with a horse, Whiskey, my horse in the profile picture, was almost impossible to saddle when I bought him, he is now a perfect gentleman and a great riding horse. We get out of all these lovely creatures what we put in to them.

unfocusedanakin likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.