Best Doors album?

Discussion in 'Rock 'n' Roll' started by flowerchild23-91, Apr 8, 2007.

1. flowerchild23-91

flowerchild23-91 Member

Which one do you think is the best?
    My favourite is The Doors, because it has in my opnion the best song on it.
    These are only going to be the albums recorded up until Jim Morrison died.

2. PSYCHEDELICA MAN

PSYCHEDELICA MAN The psychman

i like all 'the doors' albums,but if we have to choose then i'll go for the debut album.

3. feralfey

feralfey Member

I like Strange Days, but I think they are all good.

4. No Quarter

No Quarter Member

yeah they're all good but the first one is different.....:)

5. The_Walrus

The_Walrus Sgt. Pepper

I dig 'em all, but I voted for Waiting for the Sun.

6. Strange Days

Strange Days Member

My favorite is The Soft Parade which includes my favorite Doors song (The Soft Parade). I know that's the one people usually trash, but I think it's just so creative and brilliant. I don't understand why people dislike it. Robby Krieger's two best songs are in this album, too; "Tell All The People" and "Wishful, Sinful."

7. Lady Neko

Lady Neko Member

strange days

8. Hippie_Jon

Hippie_Jon Noj

I voted Strange Days but L.A. Woman is a great one too.

JOn

9. Share the Warmth

Share the Warmth Member

I really love LA Woman, especially that title track. For me, that song summed up a big part of Morrison's persona. Dark, sexual, and dangerous. A man on the hunt for what he desires, damned be the consequences. The fulfillment of the id. Etc. etc.

The first Doors album is probably better for me overall, but LA Woman is such a great track.

10. Flight From Ashiya

Flight From Ashiya Senior Member

I was introduced to 'The Doors' genre when an Essex University DJ played 'People Are Strange' on the campus radio in 1982.Incredibly,I hadn't even heard any Doors music previous to that.I looked up which album that song came from & bought a vinyl L.P. of something called 'Strange Days' upon hearing it for the very first time;I didn't realise how clever the groups had got by 1967.I took a 30watt amp from my home to my room at campus,as I was high up in this tower block I opened my window-balanced the amp on the ledge & one night in late 1982 I blasted the whole campus halls of residence with 'Light My Fire'.[​IMG]

11. surrealistic pillow

surrealistic pillow Member

I like Strange days and Morrison Hotel best!:)

12. bandbeyondescription

bandbeyondescription Nothertimesforgottenspace

L.A women man, in my opinion :) ;)

13. kwal30

kwal30 Member

LA Woman, anytime I have a long drive ahead of me I put that album on and its all I need. The song LA woman gets me revved up more than any other song there is. Changeling feels right for driving long distances and maybe not always with a set destination. Texas Radio and the Big Beat has two of my favorite quotes from the Doors. "No eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn" & "I love the friends I've gathered together on this thin raft, we have constructed pyramids in honor of our escaping". And if its raining theres no better song to put on than Riders on the Storm. Its amazing how LA Woman can be so energizing and Riders can be so calming. And I won't go into every song but they're all great.

14. Puffis

Puffis Member

The Doors were great, I love all of those, I like Wating For the Sun

15. surrealist glow

surrealist glow Member

the doors ... there is no song on that album that i don't love madly , and it is , after all , the album of their masterpiece , "the end " ...