Best Diet EVER

Discussion in 'Let Food Be Your Medicine' started by nimh, Apr 27, 2006.

1. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

Eat only food that looks like it did when it was still growing. no packages, no upc codes, no hidden ingredients, no grains.

Meat, Fish, Eggs, Nuts, Seeds, Fruits, Vegetables and Fresh water

that's it.

the simpler the better. fermenting is good, raw is good, cooking is just fine too. i like to eat more raw foods in the warmer weather, more cooked foods in the winter, but that's just me.

The Garden of Eating talks about this kind of diet. there is a balance to be met though. it's important to eat predominantly green leafy/non starchy veggies, somewhere around 70% i think it is. I've read litereally hundreds of books about nutrition and there are points in this book that i disagree with, but all in all, it's pretty darned good.

2. HerbuhLovuh

HerbuhLovuh raa

Yes but please explain how 'meat' and 'fish' has even the most remote, vaguest or even tinest most abstract resemblance to 'what it looked like while it was growing' compared to what it looks like before someone eats it. LoL. Just a thought. ;)

3. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

herbuh, you silly vegetarian you...

i'm not talking about factory farmed, feedlot, grainfed, full of antibiotics and growth hormones, laid out in styrofoam and plastic meat.

i'm talking about biodynamically, raised with love and respect or even better from the wild in it's own natural habitat meat. the whole thing~organ meats and all. bone broths, etc.

i used to be veg. i understand why pple dont eat meat. sometimes it still grosses me out, but i eat it anyways, because my years of being a vegetarian made me reallly really sick. i'm still dealing with the repercussions of years of inadequate protein intake. i developed insulin resistance which started a whole cascade of hormonal problems for me.

4. HerbuhLovuh

HerbuhLovuh raa

Yes but insulin resistance is a result of refined sugars, correct?

And also cooked meat has little nutritional value meaning it simply sits in the intestines and rots.

There is ample natural evidence suporting fresh sprouts having loads more protein than cooked flesh.

I do not like to argue and rail against what people are used too but a protein deficiency has nothing to do with a vegetarian diet.

I have seen alot of people using alot of different diets and people who eat the most flesh tend to be the weakest in terms of muscle mass from my perspective. They eat insanely high quantities of protein to get more muscle mass and if, for a moment, they stopped, they would deflate like a popped baloon.

A live food vegetarian on the other hand can go days without food and not loose a single pound!

Anyway I just wanted to point out the inconsistency of consuming meat in order to get protein, and also to add that that type of thinking is a major result of the insane hype and brain washing put out by the FDA and media and factory farmers.

I will also add that my argument has nothing to do with the quality of flesh product- but only in regards to your own statement- that the food should physically resemble its natural growing state when eaten.

Thank you for inviting me to your forum and maybe you will not regret it. ;)
    I will also say that I am certain you have an ample load of things to say to suport your flesh eating habit, but that I wanted to share my thoughts.

5. kiwi

kiwi Member

Yeah, |'ve read this book called, "God's diet" or "the Makers diet", - err something relitively close to that. The basic idea of the eating plan was to only eat foods that could come outah the ground, things that you could pluck, pick, or harvest . Same with drinks. [i.e. carrots, potatos, peas, apples.. you get the idea] You could also have meat. No sausage, hot-dogs etc.

You could also have packaged foods, as long as the ingredients didn't contain more then 4 things or something.:) -Or if some of the ingredients had something in it that you had trouble pronouncing. Haha!

Anyway, | found this an interesting thread. | didn't even know that this part of HF existed. |'ve only been here for maybe a couple months now, so that's probably why.

-Peace!

6. HerbuhLovuh

HerbuhLovuh raa

Nick Drake is awesome lol ;)
    I will though be redundant and add that meat does not grow out of the ground, and has, when cooked and denatured, literally, no nutritional value. LoL!

edit: I will do you a favor by bringing this audio file link right before your eyes:
    www.patricktimpone.com/ma...ur_one.mp3

7. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

this forum is brand spanking new. skip just put it up for me on the 26th. feels like home (i'm such a food geek). anyways, welcome welcome!

herbuh, lately i've been feeling like i'm eating too much meat. and have had that really heavy feeling like i'm just full of digesting flesh. it's kindof gross but... every single time i try to eat less meat, my insulin resistance comes back in full force. i've already had a retinal detachment because of it and was infertile for a long time. i dont want to go blind, y'know? this is going to be one of those things where i'm not going to be able to change my position because my body specifically demands meat protein.

we all have different nutritional needs though and we each know our own bodies better than anyone else does.

ps, i liked most of the maker's diet when i read it.

8. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/gruesome/fecalcolon.asp

9. kiwi

kiwi Member

Nick Drake's life story is just.. whoa. Maybe my depression is rooted in his music! HAha! |'m just kidding. [Off the subject of food, sorry.]

10. kiwi

kiwi Member

P.s. About the meat. | do have a hard time believing that meat was not meant for humans to eat. That's just... what | get some of my protein from. Things like tuna. Mmm.....
    You could live maybe more healthy, | believe, if you quit eating flesh. It was proved in Biblical times. But.. | like it too much. :) ;)

11. HerbuhLovuh

HerbuhLovuh raa

Well, the reason people need to eat meat is the same reason people need to eat dairy: marketing. Flesh and dairy itself is a limited form of nutrition, but according to the marketing campaigns its the greatest protein and calcium in existant.

Funny enough only the opposite is true.

Once refined sugar was marketed as nutritious!

12. HerbuhLovuh

HerbuhLovuh raa

I learned some interesting junk on masterbation and how it was historically framed over the last centuries reading Sugar Blues. Which is, out of the thousand or so books I have read, quite possibly the king.

Believe it or not: after the catholics ran out of natural healers to murder and torture for their problems(witches and sorcerers and wizards), they started to blame masterbation.

Perhaps not only are many insecurites about masterbation rooted deeply in this historical context, but also people insecurities and doubts in natural healing.

The theory, She's a Witch, burn Her! simply will not work any longer. ;)

13. *closethippie*

*closethippie* Member

Actually, meat contains all the nessessary amino acids for a human body, because it has essentially the same structure as a human flesh, that said, it's easy for a human body to get all the required proteins and amino acids from meat. That is why many vegetarians get insufficient protein intake when not careful.

14. HerbuhLovuh

HerbuhLovuh raa

Well that is bull crap. This whole 'has all the essential amino acids' is more of the brain washing marketing technique stuff.

Everything on the planet has all the essential amino acids, essentially. So some closethippie shows up and says meat has them therefore it is nutritious.

Well refined sugar has calories therefore it is energizing, right?

No.... certain things, such as cooked and denatured animal flesh, cost more to eat than they provide.

Actually an intuitive and earth empathicly attuned individual knows instinctively cooked flesh has no nutritional value.

It is taking pre-historic and outdated sales techniques and all product marketing for value that is confusing so many people. For example closethippies defence of meat based on 'all the essential amino acids' is rooted in the FDA.

The FDA experiments on lab rats to this day in order to decide what amino acids closethippie needs.

Then the factory farming industries 'supports' their research with billions of dollars and you have a poor, sad, worthless race of nutritionaly dead food addicts who believe with all the value of their thoughts.

Someone says, oh hey, actually if you eat this bit of slimey green shit growing in this lake it has more protein than ten times as much volume in meat. Then someones funding suddenly disapears. Someone either starves or learns to support the lies. Get the picture? That is how nutrition is run by groups like the FDA that have for so long dominated the general flow of nutritional ideology.

Next time you have an interesting nutritional ideas, ask it this question, Which function of brain washing most likely supports this thought process?

For example if you had the thought there is no such thing as brain washing you might then realize that it is your own brain who is tricking you! Ahaha!

15. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

let's keep this respectful, i think you're presenting alot of great ideas, herbuh, and i know that i for one, am not one of the mindless brainwashed folk. i like to know all the info and then make my decisions. if everyone feels the need to debate veg vs meateater, we can do that, but let's keep it polite

meat has been a traditional part of diets all over the planet. diabetes runs rampant in first nations people partly because their bodies are evolved to run on wild buffalo, deer, salmon and the like. there are initiatives around here to help reinstate a more traditional diet and reverse the ill health that eating SAD has done.

16. *closethippie*

*closethippie* Member

i am not trying to promote the meat vs vegetables here, i only mentioned that meat has all the essential amino acids, because it does chemically - it is not a propoganda, it is just a scientific fact. That said, I 'd like to mention that many health problems that are actually food related happen because people are so overstressed and uninformed that they don't know when enough is enough or how much is enough.

i don't know exact number, but my guess is that most of the people who start a vegetarian diet either fail in their attempts or hurt their health, because they don't know that if they would not get all the minerals and nutrients their body would suffer from it.

most of the american food is very sucky, that's why i cook my family's meals from scratch every day and grow veggies and herbs.

and sugar is a great QUICK source of energy ONLY if you are going to be using that energy after consuming it for something like running a marathon or swimming (high physical/energy demand activity).

the thing is that you people dismissed my comment as incorrect because it does not fit into your own stigma and i was just trying to share the information i learnet and thought useful. you have to remember that americans are not the only ones doing research on chemical composition of foods and such, it's done all over the world.

overprossessing good nutritious foods and lack of excercise are big problems in this country, unfortunately, but most people don't seem to mind that for some reason. go figure.

17. *closethippie*

*closethippie* Member

you know what, next month you'll read something or hear something and start bashing people over it too, that's fine, but if you consume tofu and other soy products sold around in stores and such, well than you are a lab rat for FDA and other reasearch organizations who promote growth of genetically modified produce (the kind that's grown from genetically modified seeds).

See, you told me all kinds of stuff that didn't make you sound even a bit informed, so you just had the other end of propaganda campaing wording your speech. Big deal. Keep experimenting till you think of something on your own, or start making your own conclusions Captain Obvious. Who's brain washed now buddy?

18. Tamee

Tamee naked

I have to question this because I know that heating something to a certain temperature changes the chemical composition of such things. I don't know what the liimit is for meats. Now, raw meat, I might agree has a similar chemical composition.

How bout sushi, Herbuh?