Best countries to visit in Europe?

Discussion in 'Europe' started by arcantos, May 17, 2007.

1. BTS

BTS Member

romania, hungary, serbia, croatia, slovakia, slovenia, ukraine

2. Knotty Unity

Knotty Unity Member

Not a country.

3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

And not the best place in my humble opinion.

4. jimmyjoe1

jimmyjoe1 toker Lifetime Supporter

Netherlands^^ agre about A'dam, i wouldn't want to live there, wasn't thinking right.lol.

5. Knotty Unity

Knotty Unity Member

Indeed, it's a fun place to visit for 3-4 days at a time but not in my top 5 countries/cities. I backpacked around Europe for 7 months in '09 about a dozen countries. The countries and cities I mentioned have it all; culture, food, nature, nightlife, and beautiful girls. Plus they are relatively cheap compared to the countries in the west so your money will go a long way which equals more fun!

Countries in Europe that I have been to: England, Ireland, France, Spain, Sweden, Italy, Poland, Hungary, Romania, Netherlands, Germany, and Turkey.

6. BohemianConspiracy

BohemianConspiracy Guest

And what about Luxembourg ? ... in the temple of the Luxurious Banks... not exciting enough mmmmh? :sifone:

[​IMG]

7. Koryssa_RUS

Koryssa_RUS Member

Ukraine, Belarus, Germany, Italy, Romania and Austria.

If you like the different experiences in travel, you can take bus from Odessa (Ukraine) to Transnistria.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transnistria

8. Оsorio

Оsorio Members

Every year I have a rest in Europe. But I don't like use bus tours, some guides and so on. Me and my friend usually rent a campervan here polarus.eu/special-offer and travel everywhere we want. The company gives us everything, beginning with forks and spoons, ending with TV, fridge and so on. And we can travel through Austria, Czech Republic, Slovakia and many other countries. And every country is specific. I like all of them.))

9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I like your idea with the motor home that's how I've travelled around Europe before too. Take the back roads, see what no one else sees. Experience the cultures, not the bus stations etc.

10. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Not Croatia.
    Don't come here.

11. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Why not?

12. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I think Austria is the most beautiful. Much like a lot of German cities, they're very clean and welcoming. I believe the Alps and mountains are more scenic that Germany in general, unless your Bayern bound in south Germany where I am. You can drive from Vienna to Munich or something and you're like man that's some real strange cloud formations on the horizon and they get bigger and bigger and then you realise you're looking at the Alps and mountains.

13. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

She doesn't want hip forums types polluting her homeland

14. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I really liked London. I wish I had more time there. Also, I would probably enjoy Ibiza. From what I hear it has a nice amount of tourists, so at least I wouldn't be alone! :)

Seriously though, London is amazing.

15. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Needless to say, I agree. If you manage to visit us again, try to stay for a month or so and have a look around the rest of the country, towns such as Oxford and Windsor are awesome. Also stay on the London outskirts, where places such as Putney and Wimbledon are only 15 minutes from central London on the train in the morning and staying there will save you a fortune in hotel expenses.

16. soulcompromise

We stayed in the East Croydon part of London near the East Croydon station at Holiday Inn Express-with the free breakfast bar-(I think I have that right, lol) and I think we visited Windsor. I know we went to Windsor Castle by bus. It was really cool. I remember how strange it felt when we walked from the Tower of London to this hotel that had a restaurant not far away. It's a lot different than southern California.

Have you been to Ibiza?

17. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Ireland-Dunguaire-Castle.-County-Galway.jpg
    I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. Holiday Inn and Premier Travel Inn are the 2 hotel chains that I recommend all the time with acceptable standards at an affordable price. It is possible that you came across our daughter during your visit, she is one of the police officers who cover the west end and houses of parliament
    Neither Jane or I have been to Ibiza or visited the US. When away from London, we spend a lot of time in Jane's home area in the south west of Ireland, 2 miles from the next nearest house, water from a well, no gas or sewage and electricity from a local system that is forever breaking down. Most importantly!!!! no mobile phones!!!!

soulcompromise likes this.
  18. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I don't classify the UK as a part of Europe. :p it's the UK.

19. soulcompromise

Southwest Ireland sounds like a dream! You must come visit the U.S. some time. I haven't been, but I hear Washington DC is absolutely stellar. Also, Hollywood California is neat, though to be honest I haven't really toured the industry side of it, but I think that movies are fascinating. The most I've ever done is go to Universal Studios (a movie theme park) when I was a child.

Well thanks so much. We really did enjoy our stay! :)

wilsjane likes this.
  20. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Its european as fuck, wether people accept it or not. They don't call it the land of the Angles and Saxons for nothing ;)

Piaf likes this.