Best cars for shagging in

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by phil1965, Oct 1, 2020.

1. phil1965

phil1965 Senior Member

on the original Mini they didn't recline either, they couldn't because they folded forwards as they were only a 2 door car.
    I had a works van once and it was kept absolutely spotless both inside and out, I wouldn't put anything dirty in it. One day the boss did a surprise van inspection, he opened the back doors and was amazed to find the floor covered in a nice blue carpet. He looked around inside, saw the stereo and became even more puzzled, he opened the little cupboards and drawers until finally he came to the one with the bottle of wine and two glasses in it, "ah, I see, it's a multi-purpose vehicle then" he chuckled, then added, "oh well, at least you're looking after it, carry on" and believe me I did.

2. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

Well have we a vote yet? lol

3. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Nice Dart and Cuda.
    I had a two door '63 GT, which meant bucket seats.
    Slant six with a Carter four barrel, wide 14" tires on the back with helper springs so they wouldn't rub, narrow 13" on front. Steered kind of funny. Push button TorqueFlite. Topped out at about 95 mph +.

Many adventures in that car. Lost the brakes three times, took out 33 mailboxes in one night, drove it for a year with no reverse...wish I had it back.
    This is what it looked like when I got it, it was white just like the picture.

[​IMG]
    By the time I junked it it was primer gray, no bumpers, no grill, slot cut into the hood, etc., and for some reason a Pagan motorcycle guy talked me into spraying airbrush dots all over the interior, including the headliner, dash, and doors.
    Like this:

[​IMG]

Drugs may have been involved.​

4. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

TrudginAcrossTheTundra Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

They got creative post-BMW acquisition because my R53 has two doors and the seats both fold forward for rear passenger access AND recline back far enough to hump in, even sleep though little room to change positions so pretty limited compared to big Detroit iron of bygone days and of course vans, the best for that. We had a Pontiac Bonneville station wagon in my middle/high years, talk about plush. And with the 455 it wasn't a slouch on acceleration. The back area was ample for play despite limited headroom. And you had to pick your spot due to visibility in the windows.

5. MeAgain

We had a 1967 Fury II wagon with a 318.
    Huge car. You literally couldn't reach the passenger door from the driver's seat.

[​IMG]
    It had a power window in the tailgate and a compartment under the rear floor so we'd hide a case of beer on ice under the floor then lower the window and gate while driving down the road, climb out onto the gate, lift the door in the floor and retrieve bottles of beer without having to stop. Only one person ever fell off.

[​IMG]

Scottishdk and Candy Gal like this.
  6. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

Haha cool days. We had a Fury. Older, early sixties, I can't remember the year. 383 4bbl and the pushbutton tranny control cluster to the left of the wheel. It had a tendency to lay patches real easily. We got rid of it before I was legal to drive but I did have it out on back roads. I taught myself to drive while still in grade school. And when I say drive I mean including things like doing donuts.

MeAgain likes this.
  7. Candy Gal

Trust you Americans to go bigger and better. lol

8. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

Well, we try. Hehe

Candy Gal likes this.
  9. Candy Gal

Mmmm just mmmm

10. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

How about mmmmm and vroooom?

Candy Gal likes this.
  11. Candy Gal

I need persuading. lol

12. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

Things will look different when your eyeballs are flattened to the back of your eye sockets by the acceleration. It's enough to make you beg for more.
    :)

Candy Gal likes this.
  13. MeAgain

I learned driving a 49 Studebaker in the fields once I could push in the clutch.

[​IMG]

14. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

Sweet! An old truck in a friend's farm field is one of my early driving experiences. Of course our parents had no idea... I think. Hahaha That Fury we had was reportedly driven in JFK's inaugural parade. The stuff we get rid of that if only we could have kept...

MeAgain likes this.
  15. MeAgain

My neighbor had a home made race track.
    He and a bunch of his friends picked up some old cars...52 Pontiacs, 55 fords, stuff like that, broke out the windows and disconnected the exhaust, etc. and would race them around his field. It was next to a four lane highway and the state police would pull over and watch.

My cousin rolled his when he reversed the wheels for that "reversed wheel" look but forgot that there was no chamfer on the inside of the wheels for the lug nuts to seat.
    [​IMG]
    So a front wheel fell off.
    He couldn't get fuel to the carb so I would lay on the roof and run a hose down into the carb so it would go. Squeeze the tube to slow down.
    Then we advanced to me holding a five gallon can where the back seat belonged and an electric fuel pump hooked to a hose in the can.

Fun.

16. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

Fun... And crazy!!
    We made a "Motocross track". If you can call an egg shaped trail in the bumpy back forty that. Our "jump" was a bump from natural erosion. You had to hit it fast to get airborne. One time I was "racing" a friend, I was on my friend's Montessa 250 and the other friend was on his Suzuki 125. We would start at opposite ends and see who could catch who. So we're going around and around and I'm not closing in on him, trying harder as harder. I roared into the jump, went flying so far I went off-track and hammered some other bumps in the tall grass which threw me from the bike and I slammed to the ground. I saw stars when I hit. It was probably a concussion. But, full of piss and vinegar at 12-13, I rotated the levers back to their position and got back on. I never did catch him though.

17. MeAgain

Yeah, I remember Montessas.
    I had a '69 Ossa and a Yamaha DT2.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I worked in the largest Yamaha shop in Pa.
    Rode a lot, wrecked a lot.

I have a ton of stories.

18. Candy Gal

19. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

Candy Gal likes this.
  20. roadhogg

roadhogg Senior Member

th back of a van or estate car ,for the in experienced or novice ,however ,a car is a car ,and iff you use the right technic ,then any car will do