Best astrology book?

Discussion in 'Astrology' started by digital 3.0, Jan 12, 2005.

1. digital 3.0

digital 3.0 Member

Hey, I go to Barnes and Noble in the mall often, and im wondering, what do you guys think the best book/most accurate book would be? Replies appreciated.

2. Zanman

Zanman Member

You won't find the best astrology books at Barnes and Noble - they mainly sell the most popular stuff.
    You need to go to an occult book store - every major city has at least one.

The best writer I know of is C E O Carter. Although he has been dead for 50 years most of his work is still in print.

Alan Leo was a great writer who gives a huge amount of information. He died 100 years ago. Only a few of his books are in print.

Marion March and Joan McEvers wrote a nice series called "The only way to learn astrology"

I happen to like Noel Tyl, although his predictive work is a bit sucky.

A nice little book is "The Astrologer's Handbook", by Frances Sakoian and Louis Acker.

Colin Evans' "The New Waite's Compendium of Natal Astrology" is another excellent little book that covers all the basics of chart interpretation.

Once you know the basics I would thoroughly recommend CEO Carter's "The Astrological Aspects". Although written in the 1920's this is still the textbook of choice of professional astrologers.

3. MoonlightSilver

MoonlightSilver Member

Linda Goodman's Sun Signs is really good. It describes each sign's personality, looks, eating and health habits, how you are as a woman, child, man, boss, employee. Plus, each sign is accompanied by corresponding quotes from Alice in Wonderland. So far, it has been highly accurate for me. Try it!

4. Zanman

Zanman Member

I agree Linda Goodman is a good astologer and her book is well-written. This is only sun-sign astrology though, not the real stuff.

If you really want to "get into" astrology you have to get past sun-sign stuff and into the meat of the planets, exaltations, aspects, house positions, decanates etc. etc. Then you will REALLY be amazed.

5. ForestNymphe

ForestNymphe Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

When I was studying with the Righter Institue the A-Z Horoscope Maker and Delineator was the reccommended text for beginners. I also like A Spiritual Guide to Astrology by Myrna Loftus. The Power of Fixed stars is a cool book to have if you are interested in that sort of thing.

6. PeaceMaker

PeaceMaker Member

the cosmos by like carl sagen or somthing, its a narly book.

7. White Feather

White Feather Senior Member

Forecasting With New, Full & Quarter Moons Through the Houses - Sophia Mason, AFA.

Interpreting Solar & Lunar Returns, A Psychological Approach - Bab Kirby & Janey Stubbs.

Planets in Solar Returns - Mary Shea

8. Keramptha

Keramptha Senior Member

Esoteric astrology...my alice bailey. written in 1940. theres a link for it on another thread in this astrology forum.!

9. Hippievixen

Hippievixen Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

'The Only Astrology Book You'll Ever Need'

Joanna Martine Woolfolk

It truly *is* the only one you'll need.

10. Pharoah

Pharoah Member

No ones suggested Liz Greene? Shes a great author on the subject.

11. freedbypeace

freedbypeace A Woman Left Lonely

Although it doesn't have chart additives, I believe Sextrology is a great book! It has like 15 pages on the makeout of a sign and sex, i.e. Gemini female. It talks about the mind of each, body, myths, sex and sexuality. It even has turn ons and couple ratios. I think its great if you want to actually understand a sign.

12. Keanua Otter

Keanua Otter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

i have done hundreds of readings for people and use Gary Goldshneiders 3 books: the Secret Language of Birthdays, The Secret language of Relationships and the Secret language of Destiny......they are incredibly accurate.