bernie sanders

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by StellarCoon, Feb 26, 2019.

1. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

"Free" in the sense of paying less long term. Like it is cheaper to pay into a NHS style system and get sick than to pay a private American insurance company. The issue for people like you though is the idea of helping other people. To you life is hard and everyone must care for themselves. It's a violation of your rights to help other people. Society just does function that well when people think this way. Taxes are not theft if they serve you.

2. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Got to give him credit the self-described man of the people really is a man of the people with a net worth of only $2 million dollars and a very modest home in Burlington Vermont.

[​IMG]

Even his new lake side retreat on the shores of Lake Champlain is nothing more than an extended (super-sized) Cabin

[​IMG]

3. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

His income is often used to discredit him. As if everyone who has made some money in life does not support high taxes on themselves. We assume all the rich are greedy and that they have a right to be. A lot of government jobs pay well.

4. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

If Bernie Sanders does become President in 2020 the first thing the Secret Service will request is that he build a fence or wall around his property

5. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

No that will be the second thing

First thing they will ask for is a step ladder to carry around for him so he reaches the microphones

hotwater likes this.
  6. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

7. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

If that text is a quote of him don't you think it matters when it was uttered?

8. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Bernie also didnt say that

It isnt difficult to fact check. Took me 2 minutes

9. Meliai

Meliai Banned

"The Aug. 4, 2011, piece you are referring to, headlined “Close the Gaps: Disparities That Threaten America,” was an editorial, not a news article. It was written by a member of the Valley News Editorial Board and as such reflects the opinion of the newspaper."

MeAgain likes this.
  10. Asmodean

Nice Mel! Merely 2 minutes or not, I applaud your efforts

11. themnax

themnax Senior Member

the problems venezuala is having, dollars to doughnuts, are manufactured by the hatred of capitalism toward anything and everything else.

i have to repeat, i'm not saying there are any ideological magic wands, but the dominance of symbolic value does motivate some very bad acting,
    bringing out the worst in many people, at least some of whom, would otherwise have better sense, and i'm not convinced that's the result of any such thing
    as the mythical 'human nature'.

many fine civilization have risen and fallen, in many parts of the world, asia, africa, and yes even south and central america,
    long before the concepts of capitalism were ever formalized, long before current perspectives into and out of ideology and ideological thinking.

and the people who built and then walked away, from those civilizations, they haven't gone somewhere else, they haven't mysteriously vanished into thin air.

these are the same people, the same indiginous cultures that are being steamrollered by the indifference of a midevil euro-christian mindset,
    that measures value in monetary symbolism, and ignores the true intrinsic worth, of anything else.

12. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I trust no one and nothing these days lol. I'm constantly googling

They see me googlin', they hatin'

Asmodean likes this.
  13. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

I'm not criticizing the meme because of the chicken. I'm criticizing it because of all the ignorant people who think that a President Sanders will get them "free" stuff.

Free education, free healthcare, free college.... Doctors and teachers don't work for free. When the country is bankrolling a service, you are not getting a free ride. If people who voted for Herbert Hoover actually thought they'd get free chicken and a free car, they got what they deserved.

14. 6-eyed shaman

What if it's a shit quality service that gives us no other option? Or a shit service that we don't support, such as a war in the middle east?

Tax is extortion

15. Meliai

Meliai Banned

People who want these programs are well aware they're taxpayer funded

16. 6-eyed shaman

Tell that to the guy who made the chicken meme

17. 6-eyed shaman

18. Asmodean

I'm pretty sure several people have explained to you in another thread that its not literally for free (it still costs money, and that has to come from somewhere) and that most people who are for things like this are fully aware of that.

19. Asmodean

At least that's just a meme most likely made for fun (or mislead. Who knows). As pointed out: the Republican party once actually seriously used it for political reasons.

20. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Oh well if a meme said it, it must be true