Bernie Sanders announces 2020 presidential run

Discussion in 'Politics' started by McFuddy, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Bernie is so wonderful. God bless Bernie Sanders.

unfocusedanakin and Rahab like this.
  2. Oh great! I will remember not to vote. Seen one, you have seen them all.

3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Not voting is the best way to get progressive change :rolleyes:

4. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Yes mentally for sure. Physically like I said he's an old man. But simply looking at him you can see his physical states compared to Trump. One is overweight and one is not.

Even discussing this shows you fall for mainstream media. The elite want it to be "Bernie is too old to run" yet he's about the same age as Trump. Notice that is never said of him?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
  5. Consider this; If there's a sudden cessation of our infrastructure, say due to open nuclear warfare, who will last longer in the command bunker? The fat guy, or the skinny guy?

Really though, the nation is headed toward a recession that kicks off a decades-long depression. Right now they are fighting in Washington over who will be taking the fall for it.

6. unfocusedanakin

The bunker the president is in likely has the ability to grow food via green house and YEARS of supplies. You don't need fat to live on and you probably want all your organs healthy enough to take radiation. The theory is Trump has a terrible heart due to his size and diet. Could he take a bomb or light jog?

7. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

I didn't know the "mainstream" media has said that Bernie is o old to run.
    What they have said, accurately, is that if he were elected he would be the oldest president in history at 79 years of age. Trump how holds that record at 70. The average age is around 55.

8. unfocusedanakin

79 is not old if you live to 100. But it is old enough I worry if he will be alive in 4 years. They said he was old in 2016 too. I just don't want that to be a strike against him in a country that is so dependent on the elderly politically. The baby boomers vote more often and have strong opinions on how America should be in 30 years. A time when they like Bernie are dead. You could say they have no idea what the world is now. A criticism towered Sanders too. If there is no cut off to vote there is no cut off to run for an office.

No one really talks about the legit causes for concern over Regan or Trump's mental state. Even though both of their staff said they were not all there. Some say Nancy even ran the country for a while. If Sanders is elected that will be the main right wing talking point. Anything he does will be "crazy old man Bernie". He's actuly very conservative by European standards. To the American Republican he is Stalin. He needs to be crazy to them.

9. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Me too. Although I'm afraid that Sanders' novelty has Berned out, I'm stoked that the Bernie memes will make a triumphant comeback! :D

[​IMG]

tumbling.dice likes this.
  10. unfocusedanakin

11. Meliai

Meliai Banned

screen-shot-2019-02-19-at-120602-pmpng.jpeg

Asmodean likes this.
  12. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

13. The media constantly throws out jabs against Bernie. They seem innocent enough on the surface. "He'll hold the age record." But really it's just a ploy to enter these ideas into the public awareness and stereotype him. I saw one today that asked, "Is Bernie Sanders the MySpace of 2020?" Senseless garbage.

14. GuerrillaLorax

GuerrillaLorax along the peripheries of civilization

Absolutely! The history of people giving up on politicians and making positive changes in society themselves is so amazing and beautiful!

6-eyed shaman likes this.
  15. Asmodean

We're talking progressive change in gubberment/ on a national level...

I agree where it comes to making progressive change in your personal life voting is a less pressing matter

16. GuerrillaLorax

GuerrillaLorax along the peripheries of civilization

17. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

A naked guy running around waiving a knife and muttering to himself “That damn squirrel” is mentally more fit than trump.

18. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Thanks man.

hotwater likes this.
  19. Asmodean

In most places it was a combined effort. The government consist out of people as well, after all. And government could only be irrelevant if all citizens are on the same page, working together. Different folks, different outlooks and priorities. Therefor, some kind of government body is always needed. Unless of course, if there would be far less people and shared responsibilities

20. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

I think the people are the government.