Bem Sex-Role Inventory - How masculine/feminine are you?

Discussion in 'Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Trans, etc.' started by Escierto, Apr 19, 2021.

1. Escierto

Escierto Members

I saw this on another forum and I thought it was interesting. The questions on the test are a little dated and you can game the results just from looking at the questions.

I answered as honestly as I could and I was surprised to see I scored Masculinity 77 and Femininity 122.

I am a cisgender man who has always been content to be a man. I always played sports. I was a rancher with cattle and horses for a long time. When I was a student I took care of my children while my wife worked. OTOH one of my children called me Mommy for a couple of years when she was a toddler so maybe it’s not a surprise.

Link to the quiz:
    Open Sex-Role Inventory

2. BiGuySW

BiGuySW Members

I am a cisgender pan sexual man who does a lot of construction work. I also ended up in the feminine quadrant (88M and 108F). But it does not surprise me.

I've always appreciated both my masculine and feminine aspects, and I've always been attracted to men and women who embrace both aspects within themselves. That goes way back to my earliest memories as a child, and extends to this moment. I think I ended up more in the feminine quadrant because I find it easier to be happy and express love when feeling feminine.

Escierto likes this.
  3. Daretobare

Daretobare Member

I scored 103 masculine, 96 feminine. I tend to agree somewhat at this time

4. LowHangers

LowHangers Members

Masculine=124
    Femininity=109
    High levels of both "Androgyny"

Perhaps the reason why nobody suspects I'm a cock sucker...lol

5. Nakednudist

Nakednudist Members

I consider myself fairly masculine. But I do ware manity hose in the winter when I go out.

6. Si69

Si69 Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

96 masc 102 femin
    pretty much a mix then.....bisexual? pansexual?

Androgyny is the combination of masculine and feminine characteristics into an ambiguous form. ... When androgyny refers to mixed biological sex characteristics in humans, it often refers to intersex people.
    Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia › wiki
    Androgyny - Wikipedia

So strongly androgynous people are more likely to be inter-sex?

who needs labels?!

Simon :)

Dianne with 2 nn's likes this.
  7. JeffT

JeffT Members

91 masculine......71 feminine. ? I guess I'll spend the rest of the day figuring out what that means.

8. Totally Yoda

Totally Yoda Members

106 masculine and 121 feminine. I guess that's why people approach me even though I make myself unapproachable? I guess I'll have to study that.

~Zen~ likes this.
  9. Melancholyfornostalgia

Melancholyfornostalgia Members

I scored pretty masculine but I do bake I do cook I do stuff considered femine but I also work construction enjoy dominating ext point is it doesn’t really affect anything most people will have a mix of traits but still lean one way or the other at least I think so

~Zen~ likes this.
  10. Melancholyfornostalgia

Melancholyfornostalgia Members

Lmao I guess your a alien or something but I got a 90 for fem so eh

11. Dulci Daily

Dulci Daily Members

As Dorothy L. Sayers wrote some decades ago, "Men and women are a great deal more like each other than either of them is like anything else." There's a big problem with any and all sex-role inventories--whether modernized, like this one, or highly antiquated, like one I took long ago when I was a teen. (At that time, though obviously not now, I was pretty concerned with trying to be masculine, and I had to cheat to get my score up to a zero balance of masculine versus feminine.) The big problem is that such inventories artificially distinguish "masculine" from "feminine" activities and attitudes that, in reality, are common to both. The stereotypes of what's masculine and what's feminine may change over time, but what doesn't change is that the stereotypes lack a strong enough connection to reality. Activities that are reserved to men or to women by nature are important, but few. Activities that may be either masculine, feminine, or both, depending on whether men, women, or both perform them, are many.

~Zen~ and soulpoker like this.
  12. BoyToy69

BoyToy69 Members

Masculinity 120, Feminine 83

13. EZGoing

EZGoing Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Masc 109, fem 94 … middle of the road (ride).

JeffT likes this.
  14. dkcurious

dkcurious Senior Member

I scored 109 masc 108 fem. So I fit under androgenous I guess by the model.

EZGoing likes this.
  15. EZGoing

Cool … my wife took this survey tonight and scored higher masculine than feminine …. and she is a knockout DISH!
    What a treat for me, her bisexual spouse.
    Now …. about that strap-on …..

BoyToy69 and dkcurious like this.
  16. EZGoing

Andro is “Ideal” according to the site’s author.
    I will work on my feminity to reach “Andro” status. … (blushing).

dkcurious likes this.
  17. Jamie28London

Jamie28London Members

Here is my result. I thought id be more feminine than that because i am partial to cock occasionally

Attached Files:

18. Justme22863

Justme22863 Members

I turned out 93 masculine and 122 FEM. For a score in the fem range .... Makes sense as a sub bottom bi

Dianne with 2 nn's and JeffT like this.
  19. trieditall72

trieditall72 Members

Masculinity
    Femininity

I'm not sure I agree with this....then again i never liked all the labels people have invented for this subject.

20. Jamie28London

Jamie28London Members

I think you are right about labels. People are too complex to be labelled. Especially when it comes to sexuality. At the moment there are loads of sexualities, why do we need to be placed into a box. We are all different and thats fine.