Being Single.....

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by Venus2578, May 12, 2004.

1. Venus2578

Venus2578 Member

Someone please tell me what being single means. To me it means that you're not married, not dating,not in a relationship, certainly not one that's lasted 3 years right?!? or does anyone think it's different if that relationship is a long distance one? would you still consider yourself single? even if you never dated anyone else in those 3 years?? i'm so confused......

2. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

single means you are not attached.

3. luckyalder

luckyalder Member

it means youre not dating anyone, like me.

4. Ginge

Ginge Ye Olde Member

Nice plug! ;)

5. AutumnAuburn

AutumnAuburn Senior Member

I consider myself to be single, when I am not in a committed relationship. If I have a boyfriend, fiancee, husband, whatever, I do not consider myself to be single. Distance doesn't matter to me. An exclusivity agreement is an agreement to be honored... But, if I'm just seeing someone and we have not agreed to be monogamous, then the world is mine! :)

6. Casperthesheet

Casperthesheet Member

It's alright to be single. I've been single for a long long time. All my friends are attached. Sometimes it would be nice but being single gives you the freedom to do what you want. Enjoy it!

Casper

7. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

being single means you get laid a lot.

8. Rockstock2004

Rockstock2004 Member

lol Frac,

Single can mean that. hehe.

I'm single as well.

9. migle

migle Senior Member

Well, I've been with my ex for almost 6 years, and you can say that legally you're single because you've not get married, you know, but i didn't consider myself as a single person, i was attached.
    And now i'm single, and sometimes i miss some moments i was attached, but i'm really enjoying this way of being, you're free to date whoever you want.
    It's a good sensation.

10. Lenulka

Lenulka Member

Oh,it must be hard,you have been with your girlfriend so long...But...don ´t be sad and enjoy it!World is full of great girls...like me....(I am just kidding)...Good luck,man
    In Love&Light Lenulka

11. torz

torz Member

i've been in a relationship for 3 years now & it suprises me, i phone up for car insurance & i can choose from single, co-habiting, married, devorced & widowed. i am neather of those as i'm in a relationship, i dont consider myself as single because my bf supports me in many ways, emotionly, physically, mentally, financely even though we dont actually live together, so surely it should be recognised that i am in a strong relationship with strong support from my partner which should be recognised.

12. beachbum7

beachbum7 Lookin' for any fun

To me, being single is... not being married or engaged, and not having a boyfriend/girlfriend. Basically, it's being unattached.

13. dylanzeppelin

dylanzeppelin daydream believer

since everybody is putting their two cents into what single means, it's simply not attached, you don't have a significant other. although it's good at times to be single, i feel like sometimes it's better to share certain moments with people and have someone always there for you, and that just loves you for you. i dunno, i'm in a weird mood today..

14. drewbee

drewbee Member

I want a g/f but im to big of a looser :-D lol j/j I dont get along with most of the immature thought habbits of girls my age... maybe thats why. dunno. I just can't stand the fact of people running around thinking they own the world because they got a pussy and can bitch :-D

15. migle

migle Senior Member

Thanks Lenulka, I had sad moments some months ago, but now i'm totally recomposed, and i'm quite well, i'm better than i thought i was going to be. And yeah, i'm enjoying this part of my life, as someone said here, sometimes it's better to share some moments with another person you love, but single life is quite good too, now i'm doing things i had never done.
    And you're right, the world is full of amazing people to know.

16. Miss_Tambourine_Girl

Miss_Tambourine_Girl Member

hahahah lol!!:D yeah.. i totally agree!!

17. kissMeImPolish

kissMeImPolish Member

single means no one to answer to, that means you live life only to meet your goals, there are no commitments you do as you wish and the person you have to please is yourself. After being committed to someone for very long it can be very enjoyable sometimes... a different sense of freedom.

GOod luck
    Greg

18. Lozi

Lozi Senior Member

don't know about some of you, but single for me means not dating, not attached, no sex etc...don't have sex anyway....

I like singletonness:)

19. thisismike

thisismike Overlooked/Uninvited

Being "single" to me is not being in a commited relationship. Long distance relationships are hard to keep going, but i've seen it work. As long as there is the plan for short distance relation in the future. If you are on the east coast and this other cat is out in Barrow Alaska and neither one of you are planning on budging - it might be a heavy deal.

I liked being single - but when I was single I wanted the security of a relationship. Now sometimes I wish I could say "Fuck all" and do whatever I want... The grass is always greener y'know?

20. cyamarin

cyamarin Member

Single means that you are not attached to anybody. Unless you're filling out a government form, in which case it means you're not married.