Being Positive

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by genevabee, Oct 18, 2014.

1. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

Not all of your posts seem like you are attacking vulnerable people, but all too often, they are.

I think what you are saying and why your are saying it are closely related. The notion that you are saying overtly malicious things with benevolent intentions is not credible. I think you're either lying to me or lying to yourself.

Essentially any malicious act could be justified by an attackers presumed omniscient understanding of need, and ascribing to it some hidden benevolence.

Let's say that someone cut off all of your limbs with a chain saw, then butt raped you daily for 2 years. They then claimed that they did this just because they understood that this is what you needed, and it was all done for your own good.

Would you want that to be done to you? Would the perpetrator have right to presume to know what you really needed and to inflict it upon you, even if it was contrary to what you wanted?

So I would say

1. You don't have a basis to presume to know what another person needs

2. You don't have a right in inflict harm on someone with this presumption

3. You don't have a rational basis for claiming that the harm that you inflict on someone is actually beneficial to them.

1 person likes this.
  2. genevabee

genevabee Guest

@ezm8 good point!

3. genevabee

genevabee Guest

@Ezm8 you have an epic compassionate heart. You gave me helpful advice and you gave me a digital shoulder to cry on (LoL). I was totally lonely and...you can understand being in a worsening depression, alcoholism, and addiction since I was 20 yrs old I feel outraged. But I was lonely and confused and without any ideas of what to do and you gave me some good ideas and therefor gave me hope =] Im not magically freed from my depression and my addiction, but you listened to me, gave me advice, and now I have a glimmer of hope. Im actually not thinking of suicide. Im still sad. But not suicidal. So yea Methadone its not and Suboxone it is. Need to make the move. And a therapist! Just need to get myself out of my dark room and into the sunshine.

4. happydude_60

happydude_60 Senior Member

@Ezm8, I totally agree. That was very well thought out and absolutely true. The old saying that you can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar is true. I believe that people ultimately respond better to a compassionate but honest approach. @genevabee, I wish you all the luck in the world. It sounds like you have the strength to beat this. You're young and have your whole life ahead of you, so now is the time. Not tomorrow, but right now. Work that phone and find people who can help you. You can do it.

1 person likes this.
  5. BottleFED

BottleFED Member

Hey Gen, just dropping a note to find out how you are doing, hope all is good, Subs is indeed the right answer, if you need help with that journey, please feel free to ask questions about any and all of it