Being nice/or getting walked over?

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by PeRrY, Jun 1, 2004.

1. PeRrY

PeRrY Member

Lately there has been alot of people asking me to get them buds, Some being my close friends and others are just "aquaintences"
    Most people usually smoke with, or give the person thats getting it for them a bud, which i don't think people should HAVE to do, but it is a nice jesture(Sp-never spelled that word out before,weird) But sometimes i'll get someone a bag like 5 days in a row, and not even taste the buds i'm getting for them cuz they're to damn shady to smoke, or they pack a peanut pipe that just makes my mouth taste bad and i don't even catch a buzz, and i never skimp someones bag, People should always get what they pay for.
    Most of the time when im going for someone, i'm usually in the middle of doing something and will stop everything im doing because i remember how it used to be when you couldn't get any, it sucked.
    But now some(not all) of the people i go outta my way for to help out, won't even give me a ride to go get a bag when I need one, and if they do they'll always expect sum $$, even if they have a full tank. It just sucks because it seems like im doing favors for people all the time, and they won't do shit for me back. I dunno, am i just weirding out, or are these people just "using" me?-oh yeah, and half the people that call me, only call when they need some. Never to just hang out or anything

2. twoseeeyes

twoseeeyes Member

Don't hook up anyone who won't do favors for you. I know exactly how you feel, I get it all the time. You just have to just say no. It's not worth doing something for someone who wouldn't hit you back. It takes time and energy, which could be spent doing something more constructive.

edit....I should tell you at first you will get crap about it, some people get bitchy and whiny, don't let that drag you down to do a favor.

3. imabuildingburning

imabuildingburning Member

Well there's nothing wrong with doing favors for people, but if these people are like making you pay for gas and shit when you're doing them a favor, and if they only call for a hookup and never return the favor or anything, then screw them. They don't deserve the kindness of someone who's willing to help them if they're not grateful.

4. APinkBunnyRabbit

APinkBunnyRabbit Member

Uh, many people here would dream of your situation. That's lots of clientelle.

Don't buy bud for them, just buy ounces for yourself, and when they want weed, give them a dime, a nick, whatever they paid for - you can even give them a lot. But you'll find yourself after a few days having half an ounce left, +the money you used to buy the ounce originally.

It's easy economics... buy an ounce for $80-100... that's 28.5 grams, so you can hypothetically make about 50-55 fat nicks. You're probably selling to white people so you can charge more too - some places (most) don't have overcroweded markets where everyone is competing for the sale. How much bud do they get normally for $10? That's all you have to give.

This way, you make a little money, people get their bud, and everyone is happy.

5. meangreen

meangreen Senior Member

The more times you do favors as such,the greater your chances of negitive consequences!Do for others you trust that do for you and stay away from aquantinces as they can be trouble!

6. BigBong

BigBong Member

I have read a couple of your posts.. and came to this conclusion..

You are a little wannabe small time dealer selling 5 dollar bags of dirt weed..

7. BigBong

BigBong Member

good advice..

8. twoseeeyes

twoseeeyes Member

That doesn't really solve the problem, people just turn to him like he's mr herbman, and once you stop selling the problem doesn't go away. I can tell you from my experience selling is it's very time consuming, for the free herb and lil cash if you want it to be. It's the equivalant of working a wage job, your doings your sellers dirty work. You can feel pretty lonely sometimes, the fact that you know a lot of people and can't get really close to them is kinda bothersome. There are some people who are perfectly content this way. However slinging is not for everyone as I learned....

9. emublazin

emublazin Member

Yea to hell with them. you have to let them know whats up and if they don't like it o well. they playing you like your stupid.

10. emublazin

emublazin Member

yea i think i would buy a ounce and sell it to them

11. mr.TEIL

mr.TEIL Member

you are taking most of the risk you should at leat tag on 5-10 bucks as a middleman deal