Being enchanted.

Discussion in 'Personal Development' started by Bilby, Nov 19, 2021.

1. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

Sometimes in life you meet certain people that you take an immediate liking to. Nothing wrong with that, it is only human. When I was in my late teens and early twenties I was just as impressionable as anyone else of that age. However, I have seen people older who get enchanted by someone else. Examples ( real names not used):
    1. Hugh & Danni purchased the lease of a hotel in town. Bob was the broker, freeholder and leaseholder. I applied for a cooking position. Danni did ask one question. What was quite apparent was she thought the business was bullet proof. In less than 12 months the business ran out of money so Hugh & Danni had to do a midnight flit. Employing far too many staff was the main problem. They even employed two full time bookkeepers when Bob previously did all the bookkeeping himself.
    2. A few years ago I came across a man on the internet who was totally enchanted chiropractor by Dr. Joe Esposito. I pointed out it was good that he was taking an interest in nutrition but he should research from a number of different sources. Something he clearly had not done. Joe Esposito does radio programs that are available as podcasts. What he has to say is a mixture of food myths, speculation ,assertions and false dichotomies.
    3.A former housemate duped by the Amway scam.
    Are MLMs cults?

2. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i am enchanted by cats.

also by the engineering of infrastructure to be integrated harmoniously into environment, and minimalness of its form-factor yealding an aesthetic of doing so.

(i am not enchanted by most things to do with humans, money or automobiles)

3. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

I think we are all enchanted in one way or another. We never see the real world, just the spell cast on us as we grew up.