Beginners Psychedelic "Ladder"

Discussion in 'The Psychedelic Experience' started by Sgt.Mecca, Apr 22, 2012.

1. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I think what you're getting at is a secondary characteristic of set and setting. I don't think violently puking is necessarily beneficial to exploring your mind without the proper context, which I feel many beginners to psychedelics may not have.

For example, ayahuasca has tradition to it where purging is considered a cleansing process where many often embrace it, however something like HBWR seeds generally doesn't have this steeped tradition and it seems many try to avoid puking and find it an undesirable, detracting effect.

I've only puked once on Shrooms in all my natural and synthetic trypt/phens experiences and that trip was not one of my better mind exploring trips, primarily due to factors that had nothing to do with puking but still.

If I misunderstand your stance, please elaborate.

2. gendorf

gendorf Senior Member

What I'm saying is: If it makes you purge you will Respect the experience more. and It will be more memorable. I'm talking about first time psychedelic use!

It also teaches you how to dose properly. Cuz if you dose more you will purge harder. And no one likes that.

purging can make you afraid of the substance. and that is a good thing. It can make you embrace it more, and help you go with the flow. because "You have been defeated". The substance took over so to speak. and there are physical effects. not just mental. It can help you so you can let yourself go and you can just float into the psychedelic trance.

Also Its very cleansing. I purged a lot In my earlier days and I always felt more healthy after it. I think everyone should puke at least once a year.

Peace!

3. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Fair enough, and I agree taking a large dose is a better way to be introduced to a psychedelic, although I'm not sure puking has to necessarily be an integral part of that.

I've recently seen you post elsewhere though in regards to a known source of LSD and suggesting to start off with dosing small, How do you reconcile those viewpoints?

4. gendorf

gendorf Senior Member

Maybe I Just think this way because I started out with substances that made me puke... I learned some valuable lessons from those experiences.

well...the "LSD" could be something else... you never know... especially if you are a beginner.

also a 100 mic tab is a good experience too. I enjoyed every dose I tried. You don't have to go for the full on visual madness. the mental effects will be strong anyways...

In this thread I was thinking about plant based hallucinogens.
    For a first timer I would recommend Peyote or San Pedro... ( dose does not have to be large.. just big enough for a medium +++ experience imho)

5. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

San Pedro would be a good introduction but I've taken upwards of 3 feet worth of San Pedro with only passing nausea, the taste of that stuff could surely make someone gag though. :D

6. CoZMiC WiZDoM RaW VeGaN

CoZMiC WiZDoM RaW VeGaN Member

♥ ♣ :sunny: *** Cannabis {High THC Psychedelic Strains} Always Easily Available *** :daisy: And, The Mostly Natural Plant~Based True Potent Psychedelics: Psilocybin Shrooms *** Peyote {Becoming Very Scarce, Takes Ages To Grow} *** Mescaline *** LSD *** San Pedro Cactus {Natural Mescaline} *** Organic Hawaiian Baby Woodrose Seeds {Natural Lysergic Acid LSA~LSD *** Organic Salvia Divinorum *** Ayahuasca *** ♥ :grouphug: ♥ :sunny: ♣ ♥

7. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

i like this one

or...

1. LSD
    2. rinse and repeat as desired (with significant breaks in between of course)

8. gendorf

gendorf Senior Member

That actually what I wanted to do but couldn't. And now with nbome out there... You guys saw the other thread? the guy took 6 for first time. Thank god it was lsd!
    You guys see what I mean here?

AS an experience.. I still say go with san pedro tho.. A lot more easy going than lsd. I dont go too crazy from the trips anymore cuz Im used to it..but first times were though... LSd can really pull the mind sometimes left and right.

9. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

If u wanna puke jump right in with 2 bottles of robitussin...

10. rasta g child

rasta g child flower power

doctors can b B*TCHES