Begginer Methylphenidate extraction?

Discussion in 'Drug Chemistry' started by Andre22, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Andre22

Andre22 Member

Hey everyone, call me Andre. New here, contemplating which way I should Approch an experiment.

Anyway lets assume SWiM happened to have access to unwanted Methylphenidate from his close friend. 20 mg Ritalin, 90 pills. SWiM looking for tips on an easy process of removing the Methylphenidate from the pills in order to get a more pure form. SWiM heard this is done using Naptha. SWiM is a newb when it comes to this type of thing any advice would help

2. deleted

deleted Visitor

let sit in alcohol bath 24 hrs, pour through coffee filter. Evap alcohol.. wash next with acetone. pure.. this only rinses off the gum and wax. Which I suppose thats what your doing..
    Dont take my word for it.. Im taking this from a pseuodo bath, cant be any dif, though.

No, Napth will melt gum and wax.. still have the same thing when it evaps. :(
    Alcohol will not melt wax it will suspend it.. or seperate it from, the M will be in the alcohol, the crap you dont want will clump.

3. framesh1ft

framesh1ft Member

Is Mph.HCl even soluble in absolute alcohol? I'd do an A/B, and reform the HCl, yet I do like the idea of simply washing.

4. Trippin' Billies

Trippin' Billies Senior Member

i've done this before a while ago when i came across a couple hundred free pills... i just stirred about a half cup of rubbing alcohol with 50 or so crushed ritalin then strained through coffee filter, evap, crystals! i was quite impressed actually but it BURNS like hell

5. u4ik

u4ik Member

Yeah just crush and set them in 90 proof ISP for a good 4 hours or so and then filter out the solid and cook up the liquid till you get crystals. it is the best way to have MPH. you can snort or smoke it. it really seams to bring out the cocaine side of the drug. gives it a major kick. i would Highly recommend the extraction over oral (it feels too weak with the oral route)