beggars

Discussion in 'All in the Family' started by Logan 5, May 2, 2013.

1. Logan 5

Logan 5 Confessed gynephile Lifetime Supporter

My family is so totally fucked up. My grandfather was about the best person in the family, and while he may not have been the best of anything, he was still a good friend.

Now, he has past away. Tears me up. My grandmother is ill. She doesn't know or remember anyone.

My problem is my mom and sisters. one sister has pretty much washed her hands of the whole family. I'm like "fuck it then", because I don't really know her and I really don't care. I tried to get to know her, but she was distancing. Seemed like she wanted something that none of us had or have. I dunno.

My mom and other sister, I have bent over backwards to help them. I gave them money when they needed it, and it seems that's all they wanted. Now, I'm in financial dire straights, and they don't even remember that I'm family. Like fuck that man. That's bullshit.

Whenever they need anything, they come to me begging. When I need anything they might remember who I am. Fuck that.

I sure wish I had a choice of who my parents were gonna be.

2. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

sorry to hear that you lost your grandfather.

lots of people have fucked up families these days, it seems.

hope that something good can come along that will make up for the bad

3. Logan 5

Logan 5 Confessed gynephile Lifetime Supporter

It's be nice. But I have no idea if that's even remotely possible. How does one replace the dad he never had? My grandfather tried to fill in, bless his heart he meant well, but he failed. And when he saw he failed, he took in another kid and took the role of faster dad. I admire that, really. My grandfather was always big enough and special enough tome that I was always willing to share him with those not as fortunate. Sadly two people, his foster son and his nephew (properly my mom's first cousin) don't want to share. He's not my grandfather, it my mom's first cousin's uncle. He's not my grandfather, he's his foster son's dad. Never could understand that.

He's gone now, past away, to say that he's dead is just so inhumane. Because he'll never be dead in my heart.

I'm not too fond of my grandmother, she was abusive. I think that's where my mom's child abuse started. When we talked (grandmother and I) it's like I could pinpoint even that, to abuse in her family going way back. She can only expect to treat others as she was treated. It's so sad. Now she's in a nursing home, alone. I don't visit because of distance. And I really can't stand her. She wanted granddaughters, not grandsons. Sucks for her, I was there and my sister wasn't. But to hold a dress up to me and comment about how much she wished I was a girl (only a few months after I got out of a coma and was still dealing with amnesia....gee, how nice).

I'm sick and tired of getting dealt a rotten hand.