Beer/wine/liquor

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Pressed_Rat, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Anyone drinking anything tonight?

I just finished off a 555ml bottle of Samuel Smith's Nut Brown Ale, and now I am drinking a new offering from Ommegang, which is out of Cooperstown, NY, called Game of Thrones, which is a farmhouse-style blonde ale of the Belgian variety. It's a lot like their Hennepin saison (another favorite of mine), with a very wild and rustic yeasty quality to it, but much less tart. It's a really fine brew.

[​IMG]

2. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Mid Afternoon On A Dark And Overcast Sunday, And I Am

Enjoying A Dry Red From A Winery That Is New To Me, So Far, So Good...:)

Cheers Glen.

3. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

I had one of those Jack Daniel's Downhome Punch drinks and a Mike's Hard Cranberry Lemonade. I like fruity girly drinks.

4. Sitka

Sitka viajera

I'll probably go out for a massage and a soak at the bathhouse and an Asahi or two once I've finished up marking this test.

5. prissbaby

prissbaby creepy

Yum! I love farmhouse (and farmhouse style) ales.. Saison Dupont is one of my absolute favorites.

I'm drinking miller lite. Sorry for not being hip. Someone else brought it over a couple nights ago :)

6. NightRose

NightRose idiosynractic rose

I've spent the last few days/nights drinking Hahn Super Dry, and feel bloated as all shit. So I'l be taking it easy on the liquor tonight.:2thumbsup:

...might just have three or four.

Maybe five. There are twelve left in the fridge so this is gonna be a tough one.

7. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

I have issues with fermented grape juice. Red wine gives me migraines, champagne gives me hives, and I just don't like white wine.

I like tropical rum drinks, and whiskey with coke.

Really though, I am a beer girl. It's my booze of choice. Coors light lately, but I really like Molson Canadian.

8. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

:coffee: Sorry for being so un-cool but it's 7:45 AM

I don't drink alcohol anyways.

9. IamnotaMan

IamnotaMan I am Thor. On sabba-tickle. Still available via us

I was reading up about making your own beers and wines and champagnes. Not from the being miserly, saving money pt of view. Just because I was interested in how u develop different flavours. And also because a lot of our beers, even import are just chemical shit done in one factory.
    I dont think I'll bother making my own because I dont drink much at home. So without deciding to buy some bars, I dont think I'll bother becoming a brewer or winemaker.

Currently drinking San Miguel, Russian Standard from the freezer(no other way!) and Leffe.

10. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i've still been drinking at 7:45 a few times back in college.

i had a few beers last night, but i was in bed by the time this thread appeared.

11. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

Old man

12. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Friend of mine runs a still. His cranberry liquor is mellow and tasty. A couple times a year,that's what I drink.

13. LoneDeranger

LoneDeranger Trying to pay attention.

I'm sipping my favourite (and dollar-for-dollar best value) tequila - Cazadores Anejo. It's only a few bucks more expensive than their Reposado but it's a much smoother tequila. Don't insult it with salt and lemon. Sip it like a fine Scotch.

To wash it down, one of my favourite lagers - Kronenbourg's 1668 - courtesy of (I know???!!!) France.

Enjoy.

And you're very welcome. ;)

14. Pressed_Rat

Tonight I am drinking Brekle's Brown Ale, which is made by Anchor Brewing Co. It's not bad.

15. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

I enjoyed a few bottles of Bavaria last night. It's an easy drinkable Dutch beer with 5% alcohol.

[​IMG]

16. themnax

themnax Senior Member

water, milk, mocha. my mind doesn't need altering, and doing so doesn't gratify what interests me. my housemates seem to find some delight in it, though quite how they do remains to me something of a mystery. and i assure you, it is NOT from any lack of familiarity.

17. Pressed_Rat

Tonight I am drinking Session Black Lager -- a simple but decent session beer made for drinking in quantity.

18. Pressed_Rat

Tonight I've got me an Ommegang sampler 8-pack.

19. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

I love my Belgian beers, but never had Ommegang I think. Next time I'm in Belgium I'll have a look for it. :2thumbsup:

20. Pressed_Rat

Ommegang is actually a US-based brewery out of Cooperstown, NY. They do specialize in Belgian ales, and are affiliated with Duvel Moortgat, who helped establish the brewery in 1997. They are one of the best Belgian-style breweries in the world, and definitely the best in the US. I had the opportunity to tour the brewery back in 2009.