Beautiful Days 2005

Discussion in 'UK Parties and Protests' started by Dandelion_Blood, Jan 15, 2005.

1. DoktorAtomik

DoktorAtomik Closed For Business

Yes, it's generally known as 'selling out'. It's what happens when you can't trust any of a band's political statements because you know they'll be discarded once they're no longer convenient ;)

Ah, resorting to abuse when you don't agree with someone. Sounds perfectly in keeping with the well thought out and consistent moral philosophy of the Levellers, those crazy anarchists!

2. Claire

Claire Senior Member

There_should_be_discount_tickets_in_my_opinion.

The_kind_of_people_that_make_the_festivals_for_me_and_
    pretty_much_started_them_off....are_being_priced_out.....and_it_sucks:(

Soon_we'll_just_end_up_with_just_middle_class_wankers_like_me_at_them:p

The_solar_cinema_made_me_think_more_about_the_free_festivals...

I'll_be_searching_some_out_next_year...

3. DoktorAtomik

Is your keyboard fucked again?!? Excellent post, and exactly why I don't go to Glastonbury anymore. I can afford a ticket these days, but I don't want to be surrounded by a festival full of other people who can afford tickets. The people who couldn't afford tickets were the ones who added the spice. Without them, all the character's gone from the thing. The ticket buyers are just the money that keeps the thing afloat. The freeloaders provide the real atmosphere ;)

4. Gill

Gill Member

Wheres the abuse.. ??? *Cough Cough*
    :D :p ..

Beautiful Days isnt a wealthy festival atall.. if the ticket prices could be cut they would be and hopefully in the future as already mentioned they will be discounts for families and such groups but unless you want the festival to go under it really is not possible at this time.. as mentioned there are jobs at Beautiful Days...

Oh n i can not wait to tell the Levs they were called Pop Stars ;)
    Also one more thing Beautiful Days rules and regulation are from DMF Productions not Levellers.

BTW didnt we meet at last years festival.. werent you the one with the car

5. Gill

Gill Member

Arh you see you should have done what i did.. got a job there, got my ticket and buggered off all weekend, turned back up for my last shift on MOnday night... See i aint really that bad honest..

6. Claire

Claire Senior Member

Of-course-you-aint.....you're-a-Yorkshire-lass:H

yes:D

7. DoktorAtomik

Just a minor point, but you patronised me by telling me I didn't understand, which was why I patronised you in return. But moving on....

No problem with that at all. As I said, I can totally understand why, for licensing reasons, a handle needs to be kept on the thing. But that's not the same as talking about fence jumpers as though they were the scum of the earth. Many of today's festivals wouldn't even exist if it wasn't for the free festivals that inspired them and provided the talent that lent them their colour - and those free festival people are many of the fence jumpers to whom you refer. In fact, I seem to remember the Levellers doing a fair bit of freeloading in their time....

I can call 'em a lot worse, if you really like ;)

Makes no difference. They support it, that makes it their problem. But still, I don't remember criticising the regulations.... just the attitude.

Nope.

8. DoktorAtomik

Ah, but I'm not a general freeloader. I don't actually mind buying a ticket and supporting the festival. I just have some concern for those less fortunate. Y'know, the guys 'n' gals the Levellers sing about sometimes ;)

9. Claire

Claire Senior Member

you-mean-the-painted-crazy-car?

that-was-Giles-I-think...

10. DoktorAtomik

Yeah, now Giles is a real anarchist! Not one of those kids with wealthy parents who... umm... hang on.... ;)

G'night for now, folks ;)

11. Power_13

Power_13 insult ninja

You seem to know a fair few things about the Levellers, Mr Dok. Do I detect a closet fan? ;)

12. Paul

Paul Cheap and Cheerful

This festival is fairly new right? So that means that it will die if it doesn't get any support ... Especially if the levellers lose all their credibility.

Might be a good idea to listen to the people attending or they'll just find somewhere else to go.

13. Gill

Gill Member

:rolleyes:

The fence jumpers i have dealt with over the past few years have been scum, i have been spat at, hit, kicked, so many until i meet a fence jumper who doesnt want to abuse me for being caught i really can not change my opinion on them.. I hope day i do meet a FJ who is not going to get nasty and think they can throw there weight around, knowing me if they did i would prob let me off anyway!!

Not half as bad as i call them i bet

What attitude could we take to make things better for you!!

14. Claire

Claire Senior Member

Festivals-are-pretty-much-a-dead-cert-money-spinner-these-days...

very-fashionable-since-the-likes-of-Kate-Moss-etc-started-attending-and-"hippy"-came-back-in-fashion......I-doubt-it'd-die-out

The-whole-atmosphere-and-culture-of-festivals-is-definietly-changing-though....you-only-have-look-at-leeds-fest/download-etc-to-see-that-(imo)

15. Paul

Paul Cheap and Cheerful

Would you expect any different?

If a festival arranged by an "anarchist" band decide to turn to the authorities for support and start picking on the fence jumpers ... then in my opinion they have made themselves a target for abuse ... merely for the fact that they have sold out to the system.

16. Gill

Gill Member

We do listen to the people attending!?!.. Beautiful Days will not die as it is brilliant festival and will always have support, it will only stop if the license doesnt get issued..

How would like me to listen to you?!? Oh i know i could put up a map of where the best place to jump is... Oh NO that was last year wasnt it

17. Claire

Claire Senior Member

I-don't-know-much-about-The-Levellers...but-I-did-love-Beautiful-Days-last-year:)

having-said-that....the-more-i-think-about-it-the-more-I-agree-with-you-and-Dok.

I-respect-The_levellers-for-producing-a-quality-product....but-if-it-goes-against-their-supposed-ideals-it's-pretty-lame......hmm...dilemma:confused:

18. Gill

Gill Member

There Ideals are to host a great family festival, one that is safe for everyone to bring there kids too and live the festival life.. thats why No Dogs, No glass and more or less everything around the festival is for families.. The kiddies that come to BDs are our future and i would rather they came to Beautiful Days than to the Leeds/Reading/V's of this world.. I know i wouldnt take my daughter to any of them festivals, but she loves Beautiful Days..

Everybodies ideals/opinion changes with age/life/marriage/kids i think thats just part of life.. I would hate to think what my opinions of everything were 12 years ago, hang on i was 18 i didnt have opinions i had acid!!

Think the moral of this story is, if your thinking of jumping the fence than please dont put it onto a public forum where you know members of the Beautiful Days Team come.. i only came on here to post the bus times for you all:confused:

19. Paul

Paul Cheap and Cheerful

Well we could all take time to post on Indymedia, schnews and every other anarchist and festival message board, mailing list and news site to let everyone know just how sold out the levellers have become ... If the festival is that good it should get past a little bit of bad publicity. ;)

I'm sure someone else will be able to do that. After all I wouldn't want you to compromise your position.

In fact if anyone wants to get a map and fence jumping instructions together I will host it for free on one of my websites.

Or you could always just arrange sensible discounts for the unwaged.

20. Gill

Gill Member

What bad publicity though... Beautiful Days dont allow People to jump the fence

Sure if you search around on here youll find the ones from last year:p
    All will come to those who wait... thats if there is still a festival