Beautiful Days 2005

Discussion in 'UK Parties and Protests' started by Dandelion_Blood, Jan 15, 2005.

1. Graham

Graham Member

when do i need to be buying them then? this weekend?

2. Claire

Claire Senior Member

Do it NOW :D

3. Jim

Jim Senior Member

Free tickets are the future..

4. Graham

Graham Member

Woo i just bought two tickets for beautifuldays and greenbelt this afternoon :) so i might see you guys there.

5. Ellie-Rose

Ellie-Rose Le Muppet

*Is planning to hang out backstage alot and Stalk Chas and DAve* :eek:

6. Beautiful_Day

Beautiful_Day Member

get me backstage ellieeee!! chas and dave are my heroes!!

*rabbit rabbit*

7. Dandelion_Blood

Dandelion_Blood Gremlin

if i flash you my boobilies will you sneak me back stage to meet 'em too?

8. Ellie-Rose

Ellie-Rose Le Muppet

Flash your boobies.. and you can have anything you like :eek:

9. Gill

Gill Member

Hope you are joking by saying that:mad: :mad: ...

Why should everyone else pay their hard earned cash for tickets, for others to come along and Jump the fence and balls it up for everyone else!!! If you are caught trying to get into the festival without a ticket you will be removed and taken to the police and further action will be taken against you.. Also as already mentioned in here, it is a small festival and spot checks will be done on wristbands, so if you aint got one you will be found out:mad:

Please Beautiful Days is still a new festival finding its feet, if there are fence jumpers/climbers/burrowers whatever it will effect the license for 2006, NO MORE BEAUTIFUL DAYS!!! easy as that really. Please respect everybody else and buy a ticket, if you are having trouble getting hold of one contact me and i will help in any way possible

10. Gill

Gill Member

Stagecoach are running festival buses to and from Exeter. Tickets don't need to be booked in advance, just purchase a one-way or same day return ticket when boarding. Extra buses will run as needed. We have added extra buses this year due to demand.

Buses will depart from Exeter St David's and then pick-up at Paris Street Bus Station on the way to Escot.

Departure times from Exeter St Davids and Escot are:

Friday
    Exeter to Escot: 10am, 11am, 12noon, 1pm
    Escot to Exeter: 11pm, 12am, 1am

Saturday
    Exeter to Escot: 10am, 11am, 12noon, 1pm

Sunday
    Exeter to Escot: 10am, 11pm, 12noon, 1pm

Monday
    Escot to Exeter: 9am, 10am, 11am, 12noon

PRICES
    An adult single ticket is £3.50 and same day return is £5, under 16's single is £2.50 and same day return is £3.50 and under 5's are free.

11. Paul

Paul Cheap and Cheerful

hippies selling out to capitalism ... ah well :rolleyes:

12. Gill

Gill Member

More like covering our backs, after last year when a fence jumper was caught onsite and then proceeded to attack the security and myself!!:(

13. Paul

Paul Cheap and Cheerful

So if you were coveing your backs you wouldn't have needed to worry about fence jumpers before that incident ... but you were.

I can afford it so I paid ... but I think that you should be nice and turn a blind eye to the people who can't afford to pay.

Or is everything that the levellers sing about just talk? ;)

14. jonny2mad

jonny2mad Senior Member

well if a person doesnt have enough money they could work at the festival , I did last year and we have several people stewarding this year.

I helped take down the glasto fence in 2000 and I really like fence jumping but since glastonbury nearly didnt get its licence ive been buying tickets .

beautiful days is a small festival and couldnt afford a glasto style wall and security and if they get to many fence jumpers they just wont get a licence next year .

15. DoktorAtomik

DoktorAtomik Closed For Business

Absolutely. Well said, Paul. I have no problem with the organisers needing to put on a show of authority to maintain an illusion of control, but when you have ol' Gill there talking about fence-jumpers as though they were the scum of the earth, well.... kinda makes your stomach turn, dunnit? Welcome to the revolution. If you can afford a ticket.

Who'd of thought it, eh? ;)

16. Gill

Gill Member

Only scum of the earth when they lash out because they get caught;)

If we turn a blind eye to people coming into the festival without tickets then the festival would become unsafe.. I aint risking my daughters safety for no-one and i am sure others with kiddies feel the same too.. Beautiful Days is a family festival and Health and Safety the most important thing about it.. Sorry if you dont understand that.. Also with Beautiful Days being a new festival the council and authorities are keeping a watchful eye on the festival, any trouble and NO MORE BEAUTIFUL DAYS no if's no but's just No license for 2006...

17. DoktorAtomik

Ooooh, and another couple of points.....

If it's all about keeping the license safe, where's the tiered ticket system with discounts for the unemployed and low earners, eh? Where's yer sense of social responsibility? Or is the Levellers fanclub just a bunch of middle class wannabees these days?

Thought number two.... don't I seem to rememeber the Levellers playing at Glastonbury in '92, and giving out a big shout to all the fence jumpers and people who'd made it in without a ticket? Would you like a dose of irony with that hypocrisy? ;)
    PS. I've bought my tickets coz I earn a decent wage. Good fucking luck to all the fence jumpers though! If I can smuggle anyone in, I'll do me best ;)

18. dhARmaMiLlO

dhARmaMiLlO Member

I've bought my ticket and i'm going to fence jump, how's that? :D
    Pol-volt flippety cartwheel boing splat.
    Haddock.

~
    [​IMG]

19. DoktorAtomik

Yeah, coz nobody who'd actually bought a ticket could possibly cause any trouble, being a good middle class wage earner and all.

Yawn. Gimme a break. Glastonbury survived for years with double the numbers and a far lower casualty rate than any similarly sized city during a four day period. Since when did a bunch of people in a field become a health and safety hazard? Makes you wonder how all those festies at stonehenge ever managed to survive without war, famine, disease and pestilence breaking loose. I mean there's one bloody good reason to be anal about tickets, as mentioned below, but everything else is just so much hot air that makes the Levellers sound like the bunch of safe, hypocritical, middle-class pseudo anarchists that I always suspected they were.

No, silly girl. I don't agree with that. Understanding and agreement are two different things.

Now that's your only valid reason, and one I have some sympathy with. Stop dissing fence jumpers, sort out discount tickets for those who can't afford the full whack, and all's well with the world. Otherwise, the Levellers are just a bunch of poncy pop stars who ain't worth the shit on my arse ;)

20. Gill

Gill Member

1992 - 12 years ago.. People Grow up, people have to grow up..;)

Hopefully when the festival is established and on its feet, there will be a scheme for cheaper tickets for folk with families and by the sounds of your comments, youll be able to get in for an under 14..