BBQ

Discussion in 'Munchie Recipes' started by Renn, Jul 19, 2020.

1. Renn

Renn Senior Member

I don’t measure any of my ingredients so I apologize in advance.

My absolute favorite way to prepare and BBQ a tri-tip roast is the following.

If you fancy a not so sweet of a meat and more on the savory side... try Worcestershire sauce, A1 sauce, garlic salt & course ground pepper as an overnight marinade.

I use a gas grill and pre-heat the grill so that the meat has a nice char on the outside. Not only does this add a beautiful color, in my opinion it gives the meat a wonderful flavor as well. Almost like a blackened crust if you will. In reality, similar to how one would use a cast iron skillet to pre-cook a roast before finishing it in the oven.

I tend to cook the meat charred (not burnt) on the outside while the inner portion is more on the rare side. Not “raw” bloody, although pink and juicy.

Continuously baste the roast as it cooks. Very simple recipe that I think you will find is very flavorful. Enjoy!

Eric!, DrRainbow and Candy Gal like this.
  2. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

3. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Eric!, DrRainbow and Candy Gal like this.
  4. Grand prix

Grand prix Members

I actually boil ribs before i grill them. I chop an onion, put it in the water, aome rosemary, thyme, and a little clove. Boil for about a half hour, let it sit for another 15 min. Grill on medium heat, slathering with bbq sause and turning every couple minutes to form a nice glaze. The meat falls off the bone.

DrRainbow, Renn and Candy Gal like this.
  5. Candy Gal

I do that. Do you make your own BBQ sauce?

DrRainbow likes this.
  6. Grand prix

Grand prix Members

I have, but there are a couple of store bought bbq sauces i like so well that its not worth the bother

DrRainbow, Renn and Candy Gal like this.
  7. Grand prix

Grand prix Members

1595164753318-2016632042.jpg
    This is one of my favorites. There are a few varities of Jack Danials grilling sauces i like too

8. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

Looks like it's a barbecue Sunday! Sorry this latest palace doesn't have a grill...outdoors nor indoors. Pooh.

I do like grilled veggies, and barbecue Chicken is a favorite. But I haven't eaten anything off the hoof in decades.

I do make my own sauce.

I use those canned Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce from La Costena. (Not the jumbo size can pictured below)

Take off the stems and pour the whole mess into the blender. Add 4 to 6 cloves of garlic, salt, black pepper, oregano, thyme and rosemary. Sometimes a half onion.
    Then add some tomato catsup, brown sugar and just enough water to make it all disintegrate into a sauce when the blender is run. Of course you want it think enough to stick!

Sorry I don't have pictures... except this:
    [​IMG]

9. Renn

Renn Senior Member

ZenKarma you don’t need a bbq for one of my faves. Gas or electric stove works equally as well. Pick your fave peppers and char them on the stovetop. Put them directly in the heat and they’ll start to blacken and pop a bit.

But that’s exactly what you want... gives them that smoky taste that you can usually only find south of the border. You can then stuff them or blend and or chop to make your favorite salsa.

If you plan on stuffing just add your ingredients and pop in the oven for a few.

Beware, if you char jalapeños, your eyes will do some watering.

10. Grand prix

Grand prix Members

I have a dry rub thats awesome on any kind of meat. I do chicken thighs on the grill but not breast meat. 20200414_133828.jpg
    The name made me laugh so i bought it. Its very good though. I rub it in my meat and let it sit for a.couple hours.
    I coildnt type that without laughing.

11. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

12. Grand prix

Grand prix Members

I once used cayenne pepper in a home made rub on pork chops, then cooked them in a black iron skillet. Got it a tad too hot and tear gassed the whole house.

DrRainbow and Renn like this.
  13. Candy Gal

• 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
    • 85g brown sugar
    • 3 tbsp malt vinegar
    • 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
    • 1 tbsp tomato purée
    Method
    1. Heat oil in a saucepan and add the onion. Cook over a gentle heat 4-5 mins, until softened. Add remaining ingredients, season and mix. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20-30 mins, until thickened. For a smooth sauce, simply whizz the mixture in a food processor or with a hand blender for a few seconds.

14. Candy Gal

Omg Batts are everywhere. Lol
    [​IMG]

15. Renn

Renn Senior Member

Excellent place to find authentic Mexican recipes. Pati Jinich

16. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

I'm super happy you're not afraid of roasting your own chilis!

Down here in Baja I am no stranger to roasting my own peppers over the gas ring. But I really love the flavor of these canned chipotles for a BBQ sauce. I also buy lots of dried chilis, the flavors of Mexico are intense and varied. Lots more complexity than I realized before.

And don't get me started on Tamales...

17. Grand prix

Grand prix Members

I love mexican food. Hell, i love all kinds of food. I like to cook because i like to eat.

18. DrRainbow

DrRainbow Ambassador of Love

I want to get a barbecue now. Those recipes sounds lovely. :)

19. Handsinpants

Handsinpants Senior Member

This one made me laugh real hard...hahaha

Renn and Grand prix like this.
  20. Grand prix

Grand prix Members

With a name like this, its bound to be real hard...