Bathtub Gin

Discussion in 'Grateful Dead and Phish' started by EricForman, Jul 29, 2019.

1. EricForman

EricForman Mellow Fellow & Jedi Knight

Ya know I never really listened to Phish even though I was aware of them. I had always liked The Greatful Dead and a buddy of mine suggested I try Phish. So I looked up some songs on Youtube and I still don't see the big deal. Maybe someone can enlighten me?

2. that's right

3. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Phish Phans listen to the Grateful Dead. Dead fans don't listen to Phish.

These two jams are probably what many would say is top quality. If you don't like these Phish is just not for you.

Orison likes this.
  4. deleted

deleted Visitor

The dead fans that dont like the Phish are fans that never seen Phish while Jerry was alive. Assuming the passing of Jerry was a way to "steal faces" and take their entire base of fans.. While Phish actively at the time was a solid band at the time of Jerry's passing.. 56:45 Possum PHiSH 10/19/1995 Kansas City
    As The Grateful Dead recovered and evolved. They lost fans because it wasnt the Grateful Dead anymore and the energy wasnt there. Dead and Company embrace old energy with new however they are circling songs and the momentum too is fading..
    Word this may be the end of Dead and Company and evolve into another.. Nothing is certain tho..
    Phish NYE show was one the best Ive seen. Let Trey Down..

Trey band here on the 6th July. Dont think Ill go..

5. deleted

deleted Visitor

6. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

the first one is anastasio solo, but still one of my favorites from him. the second jam is phish, and it truly makes me move! :)

Orison likes this.
  7. deleted

deleted Visitor

Idgaf. I love Phish... I'd a life jacket that had Phish don't stink patch on it. A fish with snorkel gear on.. 1994. I could draw it for you. It's gone.
    Fuck haters.

Irminsul likes this.
  8. soulcompromise

you mean the logo?

[​IMG]

Orison likes this.
  9. deleted

deleted Visitor

You don't seem like a dead phish head..
    No offense..
    More in the area of lady gaga I put you...
    I'm sorry..

soulcompromise likes this.
  10. soulcompromise

that's actually accurate! :)

They were interesting to me because of someone I looked up to. He liked the dead and phish, but he died. I like several songs though & had my own American Beauty for a long time when I was younger before I broke down and sold it.

Orison likes this.
  11. deleted

deleted Visitor

Yeah. But it was stitched , embroidered and raised. Not like that but a take on it. Fish face with forward with a scuba gear on it..
    Such a cool piece. It wasn't wholesale..

soulcompromise likes this.