Bathrooms

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by ghostkitty, Jun 12, 2013.

1. ghostkitty

ghostkitty Member

I can't be in the bathroom with the shower curtain shut, unless it is clear. I also get scared in public bathrooms. Is anyone else freaked out by bathrooms?

2. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Not by bathrooms, but kitchens scare the crap out of me.

3. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

I always open my shower curtain if it happens to be shut. I will also open up other peoples shower curtains if they're closed and I'm using their bathoom. The public restrooms that freak me out most are the ones on the side of the road, I'm thinking of the ones that are on the way to arizona..reminds me of a scene from a horror movie, I think it might have been freddy krueger or halloween.

I think we both should invest in some clear (see through) shower curtains.

4. ghostkitty

ghostkitty Member

Yes! At least one other person in the world who can't stand the shower curtain to be closed while in the bathroom. My sister and I got into a fist fight one time because I wouldn't close the shower curtain. The bathrooms that freak me out most in public are big ones, like in the movie theater.

5. odonII

odonII O

After watching an episode of Friends I always close my shower curtain so it does not form any mold due to a process I have no idea about. I believe it is such an obscure reference it is has not been uploaded to Youtube.

6. Ely North

Ely North Member

I always used to open up shower curtains when I went into strange bathrooms to make sure no perverts were hiding there. Then one time in a friend's bathroom I opened the curtain and a bat flew out. Never again. Never again.

7. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

I always check in the bathtub if someone has the shower curtain closed... which is never me because I hate closed shower curtains.

And public bathrooms... well, it depends where it is... if you're in an industrial area that's pretty deserted or just... a scary- deserted bathroom ... it's fucking terrifying. But not as much as the stairwells in parking garages.
    If I'm in the grocery store bathrm, nah.

8. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i do close my shower curtains to minimize the mold build up, but i can guarantee it doesn't prevent it completely..

9. odonII

odonII O

Neither can I. I'm a little OCD about doing it now - so I don't think it would matter if it was no help at all.

[​IMG]

10. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

yeah i close mine to minimize mold growth too.

i dunno if i got that idea from Friends or not...i watched that show a lot, but i don't remember that episode

11. odonII

odonII O

The One Where Dr. Ramoray Dies
    uncutfriendsepisodes.tripod.com/season2/218uncut.htm‎
    The un-cut episode appeared on the Friends: The Complete Second Season Set ... Chandler is at the foosball table trying to get Phoebe to play a game with him. ..... Monica: Um, I straightened out your shower curtain so you won't get mildew.

12. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

13. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

I sense some underlaying issues here. Either that or you both need to get laid, very badly.

I have never been afraid of a bathroom.

Well, there was this outhouse on my Great Grandmothers ranch in Idaho. It was well over a hundred years old and hadn't been used in probably 50 years. My cousins dared me to go inside, but when I opened the door a colony of bats flew at my face. That scared the shit out of me. I think I was 6 years old at the time.

14. ghostkitty

ghostkitty Member

Well, she was 15 and I was 20, so I don't think needing to get laid was an issue... At least, I don't want to think it was on her part. That wasn't the full story. The full story was that she lined the entire bottom of the bathmat with tacks sticking up so I would step on them when I went in there, which I did, and it hurt like hell. That's when the fist fight got started.

I remember that episode of Friends. I do think about mildew, but you can get a shower curtain for under $5, so I don't worry too much about it.

I think what really scared me was seeing The Shining as a kid and the scene with the shower lady. That still freaks me out. Which oddly enough, they also talked about on an episode of Friends.

15. IamnotaMan

IamnotaMan I am Thor. On sabba-tickle. Still available via us

Show.er cubicles worry me slightly. Not like in an Auchwitz type of way... BUT.

They remind me of the film Flash Gord.on, that I watched as a little kid.
    ie When Flash is being executed by black poison gas in this glass cubicle.
    Also, the actor who played Flas.h also played a gay on Dynasty.

So, when I'm in a glass shower, I sort of wonder if I'm gonna die from black poison glass. And get forcibly bummed by the gay bloke from Dynasty..:confused:

PS Yes I know its weird.

16. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

Last time I got caught out with nowhere to piss I went in the restroom at either McDonald's or Starbucks and it was pretty disgusting in there...when I came out I told the next person standin' line "be careful in there" ;-)

17. odonII

odonII O

Did you let the manager know?

18. i_was_in_shroom_land

i_was_in_shroom_land Shroomier than you!

yessir! same with me. lol

19. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

no, I didnt have time, I already had to go out of my way to find somewhere with a public restroom as they can be hard to find sometimes...I've seen people just pull out their dick and piss on a wall or in the sidewalk.

Actually there are a lot of places that can be considered "the bathroom"...shit, my own building where you walk in the front door where the call box is always smells like piss, I guess sometimes people mistake it for a bathroom..obviously not the people that are tennants...hobos :-(

20. odonII

odonII O

AceK

When I say manager, I mean a member of staff (they tend to ask you to inform the manger on a sign - any member of staff will do, though).
    I usually just can't be bothered.
    Usually meaning never.

I just wondered if anybody ever did :D

Here, It's usually people on a night out - that are drunk - that tend to piss (or shit) where ever they feel like it.
    Thankfully I live a fair distance from the town centre, and in an area where there it does not happen where I am likely to walk/smell.
    People are filthy animals sometimes > <

Ok, I've had a whizz up a wall once or twice *blush*