Barfooting in Summer

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by Highwaystar, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Highwaystar

Highwaystar Member

I recently went out bare foot, but found that the ground was so hot it was burning the soles of my feet. Im new to barefooting - but its great. Only I was wondering whether your feet get used to the hot ground?

Thankyee

2. whichaxe

whichaxe Member

Hmm... In my own experience, it gets a little better... but hot black asphalt under the Florida sun still gets to me after a while. Especially after you're feet are raw from walking.

3. sweet_dream

sweet_dream Member

Hi there, yes, if you go barefoot a lot in the summer your feet get tough enough to stand even the hottest ground. I just got back from a weekend music festival where it was 109 degrees F. I wasn't the only person walking barefoot on the scorching asphalt. I saw several kids around 6 years old walking around a lot on it, and a few women in their 20's casually walking around too. But there were a few people who obviously didn't go barefoot much because they were making huffing sounds and walking really fast towards the shade.

4. bkcmar

bkcmar keep those feet bare

I always walk barefoot in the summer. Your feet will toughen up. But, living in Southern Louisiana the hot sidewalks and asphalt will get to you after awhile.

5. Kees

Kees Member

If you are new to barefooting, the high summer is not the best time of year to start.
    You will probably find out soon it is much more comfortable to go unshod in temperatures so between 60 and 75 degrees.

6. NudistMike07

NudistMike07 Member

If you go barefoot enough then your feet toughen up and you get used to the hot pavement. Also just try to walk fast so you limit the amount of time your feet are actually in contact with the ground and go from out in the sun to shady areas as much as possible and or just walk through some water to keep your feet cool.

7. Footers

Footers Member

I used to worry about the same thing, til one day I said, "screw it-do it", I walked on black topped asphalt and it felt great!!

8. Highwaystar

Highwaystar Member

Hehe, thanks guys and gals.

9. hipmom

hipmom Member

Try going out barefoot earlier in the morning or later in the evening when it's not too hot!