Barefooting Is A Sport

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by TheGreatShoeScam, Apr 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

I was writing on another thread and referred to going barefoot as a sport, it was the first word I grabbed to use as I was typing so I guess that's where my mind keeps the activity listed.

I don't know, to me the word sport fits better then lifestyle. Thinking about it some more it did start as a challenge, I knew lots of people around this world this world go barefoot all day on much more challenging terrain then I have around here so I should be able to with some practice.

Edit button doesn't help with title

Should have made the title Barefooting Sport or Lifestyle ? Just to give it more then just saying something . In future make note can't edit titles give it more thought.

2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

why can't it just be a wardrobe choice like everything else?

you never see someone ask "are tank tops a sport or a lifestyle?" or, "boxers or briefs, sport of lifestyle?" or any number of similar questions. i know i must be missing something obvious, but i just can't figure out why this one particular clothing decision is such a contentious issue compared to every other wardrobe decision.

3. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

I think it goes back to the time when nobles and rich people could afford shoes and the peasants could not. Put shoes on you will look like a peasant... Things have a way of hanging around a long time after the original reasons are gone.

Why do they tell you not to put hot food in the refrigerator ? There is no reason not to it goes back to the time when people had an Ice Box and putting in hot food would melt the ice before the ice man came to deliver more but 100 years later people still say don't put hot food in the refrigerator when it makes no difference maybe a half a penny on your electric bill if the compressor comes on for a minute to cool down.

2 people like this.
  4. mizzymorrison

mizzymorrison Sage

Right on man! I'm thinking about not wearing shoes all summer this this year.

1 person likes this.
  5. Barefooting is a sport. U have to condition ur muscles to a different stride style and toughen the soles of your feet! No pain, no.bliss!!!

6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Sounds more like a clothing choice to me than a sport.

Is barefoot walking on ESPN?

No?

Not a sport.

Barefoot Rick likes this.
  7. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

^ well, by that logic poker is a sport. and i would definitely have to disagree with that idea.

8. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Barefooting is a 'style'...I don't really see how's it is a sport, unless you're talking barefoot running or something.

9. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

Right on ! but its not so much toughening the soles (skin), I thought that in the beginning, its building the muscle that makes the padding between skin and the bones.

Someone new to this take before and after pictures !

10. Chuckles1230

Chuckles1230 Member

A sport is something you do occasionally, and often is intentionally done for cardiovascular improvement. Not ever wearing shoes is a lifestyle or clothing choice. Unless you barefoot only when running or playing a sport, I do not see how it could ever fit the definition of sport.

Is wearing shorts to play tennis a sport?

11. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

It started as a sport with me and its still more sporting to navigate the world barefoot then to plod around in shoes, boring.

12. bluewatersurfer

bluewatersurfer Members

I agree that barefooting is a style as opposed to a sport

is surfing considered a sport to most???

13. goodearth

goodearth Member

14. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I am somewhat amazed that deciding whether to wear shoes or not seems to be such an issue to several members here on HF and I am beginning to see it in 3 categories

Firstly people like myself who see not wearing shoes sensible around the house in hot weather in order to prevent hot smelly feet and shoes. Also taking my shoes off when walking through wet grass in the garden to prevent having soggy shoes for the next few hours. I simply see this as practical common sense.

Then their are people who walk over rough ground and see getting tough sole as a challenge. Perhaps people who fall into this category become competitive and could regard it as some sort of sport.

Finally their seems to be a fetish angle with some people. I laugh at the thought of someone being more turned on by getting someones shoes off than removing the more conventional items of their partners clothing. I remember a girl who had a collection of boots that she seemed to keep purely for wearing in the bedroom. Now this has got me really puzzled and wondering if the attraction for her partner was her wearing the boots or him pulling them off.

We live in a strange world. LOL.

15. adrianc

adrianc Members

Even in sport it can be a choice though....

Some gymnasts opt for daps, others bare feet, all about choice / comfort.

16. SoftSoles

SoftSoles Member

As much as I love to both exercise and run barefoot, in addition to spending the vast majority of leisure time barefoot, I wouldn't necessarily describe the 'sense of being' as a sport.

Instead, I'd describe barefooting not as a sport or activity, but more a lifestyle choice and one which continues to evolve. Regardless of how we've all grown to become barefooters, whether it be through fetish or individual reasons and pursuits (my reasons for a barefoot lifestyle are strongly linked to running barefoot), through continually exposing our soles to the elements, doors continue to be opened.

For example, since UK winters have been comparatively mild in recent years, it's been around 7 years since my bare soles stepped upon freshly fallen snow. Last weekend, however, they were presented with the opportunity to experience such a thing. Granted, the snow beneath my soles did feel incredibly cold, but it also felt equally as invigorating during the ten minutes they played outdoors.

Moreover, since it'd been so long, allowing my feet to experience der schnee was an opportunity that simply couldn't be missed.

17. M_Ranko

M_Ranko Straight edge xXx

My primary motivator is health. Mark that down as number 4. I originally started barefooting to defeat a fungal infection in my nails. One full winter of giving my feet snow baths + nail clippers sure hit the ol' spot. Since then, I've learned that frequent, controlled cold exposure has boosted both my cold resistance and my immune system. I don't think I've had a proper flu in 3-4 years now. I can feel how something sometimes tries to creep in, but my system always defeats it in couple of days, and I always manage to avoid the shitty symptoms, like fever and runny nose, thank God for that, because I sure don't miss that shit.

As for the fetish angle... Foot jobs and toe sucking are fucking gross. C'mon man, you can't know where those things have been. Don't put 'em in your mouth. But admittedly, there is something sensual, titillating even about the act of a girl touching the ground with nothing but her bare sole, and letting it absorb all those sensations. Maybe I just like the fact that her missing shoes are just one more piece of clothing that she's not wearing if... you know, just in case, LOL. If the shape and look of her feets is healthy, it certainly doesn't take away from the overall appeal.

18. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

Anyone can walk the mile I do to the beach in a talk top and boxers or briefs but most can't just take their shoes off and walk a mile on rough pavement unless they built up to it.

I will go with barefooting CAN be a sport.

19. Locking this old thread to replies. Please feel welcome to start a new thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.