barefoot yard work

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by mmicmann, May 6, 2019.

1. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

2. jagerhans

jagerhans Far out, man. Lifetime Supporter

the only thing i wouldn't be very glad to do barefoot is using a power lawn mower unless im 100% sure that there are no rocks or large pebbles in the meadow because the blades can propel those things pretty wicked fast, i mean almost bullet fast. but i don't have this problem because my garden doesn't have a lawn. a lot of plants but no grass. but i guess, to each one his own. after all i drive a dirtbike in bare feet so im no role model when it comes to safety.

3. mmicmann

mmicmann Member

Probably envious!

HoneymonsterUK likes this.
  4. Bosý

Bosý Newbie

Hi. First time posting on these forums although I have been lurking for a while since I enjoy spending most of my time barefoot and since the topic of barefoot yardwork without powered machinery came up I felt compelled to post :)

Anyway, for anyone wanting an alternative to brushcutters, can I recommend the tradition scythe:

[​IMG]

That's my one, fitted with a 75cm blade at the time. I use it for everything from lawns to hay meadow, including clearing scrub and brambles. Always barefoot, of course! The nice thing about the scythe is that it doesn't care how long the grass is, unlike a brushcutter or lawnmower.

A young Ashley Vido demonstrating the use of a scythe for lawn length grass:

5. HoneymonsterUK

HoneymonsterUK Members

Let's see if it catches on!

6. mmicmann

mmicmann Member

Wow, looks like great exercise! My lawn's quite long; maybe I should get a scythe.

7. Sparky11

Sparky11 Members

I like this idea but Id need to get a lefthanded one where you swing it from left to right :D