Barefoot to School

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by Uststru, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Uststru

Uststru Members

I do go to school barefooted. I love being the only person in the school who is barefoot, it makes me stand out a lot.

2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

You trend setter you.

mysticblu21 likes this.
  3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

4. AstroShark

AstroShark Member

Is this High School? College?

5. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I used to wear Birkenstocks to school. In high school. they came off sometimes but not that much.

On a side note I've noticed that I don't like barefoot in grass. It reminds me that dogs go to the bathroom there.

6. Uststru

Uststru Members

High school.

7. No Shoes

No Shoes Banned

I went barefoot in high school too, ran cross country unshod except for sanctioned events you had to wear running shoes. Also spent a lot of time barefoot on stage crew, got soles nice and black, would miss the bus on purpose so I could walk home that way too.

8. BarefootedBoy

BarefootedBoy Members

Wish I could have gone barefoot in school. We had shoe police running the place! Only place we got away with it was gym class.

mysticblu21 and Uststru like this.
  9. Barefoot-boy

Barefoot-boy Member

Also wish I would have gone barefoot at school. Had the perfect opportunity but was way way too shy. Oh the things that bothered us when we were kids. If I only knew better.......

riverman18 and Uststru like this.
  10. Uststru

Uststru Members

What I do to avoid shyness is to not even bring shoes. It forces me to spend the entire school day completely barefoot because I have no alternative. As such, I realize how much I enjoy wearing no shoes and am not afraid to do it again.

Scarecrow13 likes this.
  11. *pixy*

*pixy* Member

During my elementary school time (grade 1 to 4) going barefoot was optional in summer, usually you went to school with sandals, but you were free to put them off in the school building. But this was a pretty small school in the countryside; I think this wasn’t the norm in the cities. In the junior high school (grade 5 to 9) I did attend going barefoot was a no-go, and I was put on detention several times for running around barefoot during the school breaks. The only exception was PE, you had to attend barefoot if you had “forgotten” your trainers. And I remember one arts teacher who didn’t care. For senior high (grade 10 to 13) I changed over to a boarding school where going barefoot wasn’t welcome, but finally after a number of intervention tries I had the better nerves and they accepted me going on bare paws. Maybe it helped that I wasn’t so bad, was part of the school magazine team and of the student council and did volunteer in a lot of school events.

Uststru likes this.
  12. Antony14

Antony14 Members

So you used to be barefoot at high school? That's great. I used to slip them off under table, but was always told to have them back on

13. Antony14

Antony14 Members

Shoe police? What is it?

14. BarefootedBoy

BarefootedBoy Members

That means we had teachers and administrators who enforced rules against bare feet.

15. barefootPatrick

barefootPatrick Members

At least they tried to. LOL

16. Antony14

Antony14 Members

Same for our school, but they had nothing to do with slipping shoes off while seated. I tried it all the time

17. Antony14

Antony14 Members

And what about your school? Have you ever been seen there barefoot?

18. barefootPatrick

barefootPatrick Members

Oh yes. I was told about it. I’d carry flip flops all the time and would put them on when I got hassled by teachers. That didn’t happen too often. But some of them who caught me a couple of times threatened me with being sent to the principals office.

19. jagerhans

jagerhans Far out, man. Lifetime Supporter

This thread helped me recall when once I overheard a conversation about some other pupil from the grammar school i was attending being deemed strange for his openly odd fashion statements like for example once showing up barefoot at school. Back in the days I couldn't but think that it was both awesome and wholly unthinkable. Never spotted that guy but I have a hunch he was a small dude that I had once put out of his own troubles with a bunch of fourth graders busy attempting to inscribe his forehead with primitive fertility symbols by kicking their asses around. That guy was epic, once he even dared to appear in perfect Sherlock Holmes attire, save for the full-bent pipe.

mysticblu21 likes this.
  20. Daisy19342

Daisy19342 Newbie

I have never been in school barefooted.If I would do so my classmates would think I am crazy. Maybe one day I will do the same on my way to school

goodearth and ~Zen~ like this.