Barefoot season of 2018

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by barefootconservative, Feb 15, 2018.

1. barefootconservative

barefootconservative Barefoot for God

Here in Idaho, it's going to be cold for a couple more weeks. But once temperatures start exceeding 50, barefoot season will be in full swing for me. I already have my bucket list:
    1. I have a dental cleaning in April, so I'm thinking of going in barefoot, and if anyone notices, I will just say "sorry, I was in such a hurry this morning that I forgot them, and didn't have time to stop and get any."
    2. Do more barefoot hiking
    3. Our geology class has a field trip in March to go identify minerals, I'm thinking of doing barefoot too. Hopefully they can't make me stay behind.
    4. I am enrolled in EDUC201 which is intro to teaching, and I may be able to get some field experience hours in barefoot. Not sure.
    5. Attend violin lessons barefoot
    6. Go to orchestra rehearsals barefoot (this one might take some working around)
    7. Go to local parks barefoot during free time
    8. Go into stores and food joints barefoot
    9. Remain barefoot longer than I did last year. Of course last year had an extremely long winter (here it snowed in April), and then it got too cold in September. I want to push it further this season.
    10. Remember barefoot girl? Well, her boyfriend and her brother both go barefoot too. Maybe I can get closer to their group (they know who I am, which is a definite start), and they may be up for some hiking or going to the park.

One that I'd like to do, but will take all the courage and stubbornness I have is to come out to my family that I like going barefoot. They of course don't approve, as they think it's just part of my Aspergers syndrome making me socially awkward. Probably I'll just stop trying to hide it, and see where it goes from there. Or maybe that will just wait till I transfer to the university and am away from home, and I can just claim that campus life converted me.

Anyone else here have a bucket list ready for the fast approaching barefoot season of 2018?

goodearth likes this.
  2. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

My Plans Are Just To Continue As I Have For 11 1/2 Years......I Love It Today Just As Much,

Or More Than When I Started......It's A Nice Way To Go Through Life......:smilecat:

Cheers Glen.

goodearth likes this.
  3. barefootconservative

How I envy you, able to live every minute barefoot. It's true what they say, I guess. The older a man gets, the less he cares what others think, therefore, the more he can get away with (within reason, of course)

goodearth likes this.
  4. Killa1989

Killa1989 Members

Age does make it easier to go barefoot, no way in hell the 15 year teenagers would imagine showing my feet,
    Nice bucket list.
    One of mine is to throw away my shoes and get stuck in a hotel barefoot in a random place like San Diego or Hawaii lol

5. barefootconservative

Nice.

6. M_Ranko

M_Ranko Straight edge xXx

No set plans. I'll just roll with it, and take whatever opportunities arise, my biggest wish now being that for once, after 3 straight years of cloudy, chilly weather, rain finally would fuck off, and not show up to ruin this one as well. Last summer we had almost a nonstop downpour of cats and dogs, and the daytime temps almost never topped +20C (68F). Barefooting last year, while still possible, was no fun. The last proper heatwave here was in 2014 for fuck's sake.

Most likely I'll continue to do my barefoot pull-up excercises at the nearby kids' playground, where the monkey bars serve me well and the sandy soil is good under my feet. Also, there's a nature trail that I haven't been to for years now. I should probably try to trek trough that one in barefeet this year, just for the experience.

7. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

^^^...Good God Man.....At 20c I Am Naked......Not Worrying About My Feet Being Cold.....:astonished:

Cheers Glen.

goodearth likes this.
  8. M_Ranko

M_Ranko Straight edge xXx

Consider that last year, summer in my region got delayed badly by weather. In April 30th last year, we still had -5C (23F) temps and something like 2-3 inches of snow all of a sudden. All-in-all, by that point I was coming from 7 months of straight, total winter, and then it rained all summer long, which added a considerable chilling effect together with northern winds. Mind you, that 20C was the absolute peak temp that we didn't even reach on most days, something like +16-+18 being the standard for the year. So yeah, after such a failure, I felt that I had the right to be a bit upset. Just because I live in the north doesn't mean I don't love and miss my heatwaves.

9. Barefoot-boy

Barefoot-boy Member

Seven months of winter was tough enough for me, then followed by a summer that needed a jump start. I had enough and moved to Arizona.

goodearth likes this.
  10. goodearth

goodearth Member

You’re a beast, Glen. ......by the way, in skateboard talk, that’s a good thing......

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
    GLENGLEN likes this.
  11. AstroShark

AstroShark Member

This thread got me wanting to say that for me it looks like Barefoot season may start as early for me as this Thursday....supposed to warm up and feel like spring for quite a while starting Tuesday but cant start living my barefoot lifestyle till Thursday cause of work...I'm ready though! since 2000!

12. BarefootedBoy

BarefootedBoy Members

Every year, I manage to spend more time barefoot. And I love every second of it!
    Proud and happy barefooted man!