barefoot running..

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by superNova, May 11, 2004.

1. superNova

superNova Member

.. i went on my first barefoot run today 1.5 miles without problems, and my feet feel amazing right now it's wild :)

have any of you guys ever gotten down with the barefoot running?

2. olhippie54

olhippie54 Touch Of Grey Lifetime Supporter

I rarely go barefoot. I never liked it even as a kid. I do live in sandels all spring and summer.

3. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

nope, im just really getting into the barefoot walking. i can now walk in stones and glass even without anything hurting my feet. this just happened this wk. though...

so ill be down with the running part soon.

4. fylthevoyd

fylthevoyd Super Moderator

I can't deal with going barefooted,it really kills my feet.

5. Althea

Althea Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I go barefoot as often as possible and always have my silver toe ring on (don't even take it off when I do have shoes on). As far as runnin' goes, the only time I plan on runnin' is if something very large is chasin' me.

6. olhippie54

olhippie54 Touch Of Grey Lifetime Supporter

Althea, we may not have the barefoot thing in common, but we sure as hell have the running thing in common.

7. superNova

superNova Member

haha i hear you... :)

i just have the time to do it now and get in a routine, so i really want to work out as much as possible during the summer... :) so pilates and running it is. and hopping around on the trampoline. and hooping. and swimming. well i guess i really do a lot of physical stuff now that i think of it.. hmm..

8. antithesis

antithesis Hello

I would like to, but it is really an unwise plan around here. Annoying dumbass people have a habit of breaking beer bottles every where that they possibly can. I can't even go barefoot on the beach without using extreme caution.

9. beachbum7

beachbum7 Lookin' for any fun

I enjoy going barefoot when I can. Unfortunately, that's not too often. But I have gone running barefoot on the beach, and it's lot more comfortable than running with shoes on. I don't know the next time I'm going to the beach, but that's the best place for me to go running barefoot. I run often, but usually not barefoot, since I feel more comfortable running with shoes on.

10. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

Running is great through grass. Especially uncut soft moist grass. I hate running over manmade things... gravel, glass... metal.... But your feet do build mad calluses.

11. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

I'm not much of a runner, but I love being barefoot... I garden a lot, and I'm usually in my bare feet, it feels so good with the soil between my toes...

12. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches