Barefoot relation to nudism

Discussion in 'Bare It! Nudism and Naturism' started by Scarecrow13, May 28, 2020.

1. Scarecrow13

Scarecrow13 Members

I think they are related as there seems to be quite an overlap with practitioners. Do you think barefooting is a gateway to nudism?

2. NudistTed

NudistTed The Naked Man

No, I do not.............. Millions go barefoot everyday............ being barefooted has nothing to do with nudism........... many nudist wear sandals, flip flops and other footwear for protection and comfort....... the two are not the same.......

3. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

i started barefooting two years before i started enjoying naturism. i think there may be something in the gateway theory.
    because realising how nice things feel without shoes makes you think how nice things would feel without clothes? possibly a gateway activity for some
    : )

alxat1531 and Scarecrow13 like this.
  4. Scarecrow13

Scarecrow13 Members

I didn't say there was an absolute connection, certainly many people come at it differently, but if I drew a Venn diagram of nudists and bare-footers, I think where they cross would be sizable.

Driftrue likes this.
  5. Scarecrow13

Scarecrow13 Members

I have known others with a similar experience.

Driftrue likes this.
  6. nldn

nldn Senior Member

I don't think so at all. There may be a higher proportion of naturists who go barefoot than non-naturists, but I don't think there is a connection or going barefoot is some form of gateway.

7. Fireballs469

Fireballs469 Members

I became a barefooter because of wanting to be completely nude. The barefooting now carries over into the rest of my life, unless it's too cold.

8. hippiemom420

hippiemom420 Members

I know some barefooters who also qualify as nudists (including myself)... but there are lots of barefooters who aren‘t nudist.

bill697cu likes this.
  9. bill697cu

bill697cu Members

People who are barefoot don't become nudists just because they are barefoot. I believe being barefoot is a throw back to our cave person days. Weather has a lot to do with barefoot and I do see barefoot people in parking lots putting on shoes to go into a store. By law here you can't go barefoot or shirtless in a store. I wear sandals shopping that can be easily removed when outside. When I'm nude I'm barefoot even while hiking in the woods. I don't think being barefoot leads to a person becoming a nudist.

Alonso376 and NudistTed like this.
  10. NakedInfluence

NakedInfluence Member

I suspect the overlap would be tiny in New Zealand. Going barefoot is commonplace here but there could be some tiny statistical trend.

Dr Pepper likes this.
  11. jagerhans

jagerhans Far out, man. Lifetime Supporter

It baffles me how naturists are almost entirely shod people. For me, shoes are the first thing to take off and the last to put on (in theory, I don't remember exactly the last time i slipped in a pair of flip flops). Barefooting could be a gateway to naturism... After almost two decades spent shoeless for most of the time I'm starting to think about it. Not that I know any naturist though.

12. One Man Band

One Man Band Member

It might be that future nudists start barefoot.

Scarecrow13 likes this.
  13. Alonso376

Alonso376 Members

Maybe because it hurts your foot walking round with no footwear I do not get the question to be honest. Why would it even cross your mind? Is someone you fancy always bear foot in front of you?

NudistTed likes this.
  14. jagerhans

"bear" ? LOL.

15. Alonso376

Alonso376 Members

Sorry. It should be bare. I noticed you write very well, you come across as educated yet very childish by correcting me.

16. jagerhans

You made an assholish remark and got paid back with another one. Serves you well

17. Barefoot Scout

Barefoot Scout Members

In my case, the feeling of freedom I've felt when walking barefoot made me more curious to see if I'd feel even more in touch with nature if I was completely naked as well. However, I'd say I'm an exception - most barefooters usually feel quite content just ditching their shoes, while I'd reckon the average naturist cares more about the rest of their body being nude, seeing how many choose to bare everything but their feet!

NudistTed likes this.
  18. Manzarak

Manzarak Members

Personally, I love it when my wife is nude except for ankle socks and a nice pair of white walking shoes!

19. goodearth

goodearth Member

When I was a kid everyone swam naked at the YMCA. It was lots of fun and freedom. We went crazy cause we felt so free. They would have to calm us down occasionally cause the tiles on the side of the pool got slippery. I’m a bare-footer ....not a nudist, but being nude is pretty natural to me.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2021
  20. Scarecrow13

Scarecrow13 Members

I have heard stories about this, it was pretty typical until the 60s or so when they started letting women in the YMCA.