Barefoot Outside (Uk)

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by MrGalactica, Feb 7, 2017.

1. barefootben85

barefootben85 Members

Love this time of year, nice hot pavements and roads to get your soles filthy, and the cool floors of supermarkets and shops to cool you off.
    5 mile barefoot walk through the streets today, finished off via a car park and shopping centre.

Scirocco09 and mattygroves like this.
  2. mattygroves

mattygroves Members

Went for my usual afternoon barefoot walk after work today, the pavements were really hot - i ran the bath and stood in some cold water when I got home to cool my feet.

I think a less experienced barefooter would have got blisters today. Felt wonderful though.

Scirocco09 likes this.
  3. Scirocco09

Scirocco09 Members

Had another great couple of barefoot days in the Chilterns this weekend - walks and photography in the damp humid woodlands and hills, my feet got very muddy. Had sit in coffees at a couple of places and though my feet were noticed the staff couldn't have been nicer. On the way home went to the Intu shopping centre at Milton Keynes and several stores in there. Some of the floors had just been cleaned and the slightly moist and warm tiled floors felt great underfoot. Saw a barefoot woman but otherwise I noticed most girls were wearing flip flops or sandals - if only they knew what they were missing! Back to work today so shoes needed, wish I could be permanently barefoot for the rest of summer

4. mattygroves

mattygroves Members

Went for my usual early morning walk around town today and saw two girls walking barefoot, neither one carrying shoes either, which was nice.

The various surfaces in the town centre felt fantastic this morning, some still slightly warm, some quite cool. A bit different went I went out again this afternoon, all very hot and no one else barefoot.

Tech Mo likes this.
  5. Scirocco09

Scirocco09 Members

Sounds great, and fantastic to see more barefooters. I went for a barefoot bike ride today, very enjoyable

6. Scirocco09

Scirocco09 Members

Went for a country walk yesterday and apart from a few prickly weeds it felt great. I get tired and bored wearing shoes but can go all day barefoot.

Also took my first barefoot walk through the estate today, just to the postbox but it’s a milestone. Discovered there’s a shortcut path to the shop on the next estate, had always driven there but will walk it barefoot tomorrow

7. Tech Mo

Tech Mo Member

Whereabouts are you?

8. Scirocco09

Scirocco09 Members

Midlands UK. Been to Clumber Park, Meadowhall and Ikea today, finished off shopping at Sainsbury’s. Awesome barefoot day. Soles got filthy but great service in most shops. Lots of small talk from shop girls, interestingly while they all looked at my feet and smiled, none said anything about them. No one else barefoot though

Tech Mo likes this.
  9. mattygroves

mattygroves Members

That's cool, I've been barefoot in Clumber Park a couple of times, Rufford park is another fun place for a barefoot walk too.

10. charlie35

charlie35 Member

Barefoot walk/shop round my local town today. Was accosted by a chugger who said nothing about my feet, but said I looked friendly. Unfortunately I told her to naff off as I'm a miserable sod.

11. mattygroves

mattygroves Members

I always go for an early morning barefoot walk at weekends, a couple of miles around town which feels great and is a lovely way to start the day.

I think the most fun though is when you just go about your daily business without shoes, like yesterday I went shopping, took a parcel to the post office, had a haircut etc, after a short time I pretty much forget I'm barefoot unless someone mentions it.

I break up from work on Wednesday for 10 days, all of which will be spent barefoot. I plan on visiting some new places - will be nice to feel some different surfaces underfoot.

12. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

I'm in the U.K. and full time barefoot for nine years. I've been lucky enough to have employments throughout that time that let me remain shoefree. Mostly I avoid attention but every now and then a small child will yell "MUMMY WHY DOES THAT LADY HAVE NO SHOES ON?"

I love being barefoot in nature but in towns and cities there is an extra sense of freedom in knowing I can do what I want, regardless of convention.

charlie35 and RT19 like this.
  13. Scirocco09

Scirocco09 Members

To have a job that lets you go barefoot is living a dream...

I’ve noticed a lot of kids saying similar usually to the embarrassment of their parents. Maybe we should tell them it feels better.

Had a quiet weekend but went for a barefoot bike ride yesterday then walked to the fish and chip shop on the next estate. Good food and no issues with my feet, I’m enjoying pushing the boundaries too

charlie35 likes this.
  14. Scirocco09

Scirocco09 Members

Clumber’s great, it would be very enjoyable after rain. I’ll keep Rufford in mind

15. mattygroves

mattygroves Members

So I went for my usual barefoot stroll around town this morning, the grass in the park felt wonderful, slightly damp despite being scorched - it made my toes feel nice and tingly, and I decided to set myself a small challenge. I'm going to catch the 9 o'clock bus to the next town and walk all the way back barefoot, about 5 or 6 miles I think. I've often walked more than that during the course of a day, but this will probably be the longest single barefoot walk I've done in one go.

GLENGLEN likes this.
  16. bft4evr

bft4evr Senior Member

May I ask what sort of job you have?

17. Scirocco09

Scirocco09 Members

In a shop today I overheard a customer complaining to a staff member “he’s got no shoes on, I feel very uncomfortable about it, look he’s got no shoes on”. The worker obviously couldn’t care less. The complainant was a big ugly unit, I was ready to tell her I was uncomfortable with the sight of her face but luckily it didn’t get to that. Other than that a pretty good day, a walk in heathland and some clothes shopping. Got shorter shorts to show off my long tanned legs and feet, which have never looked better

mattygroves likes this.
  18. mattygroves

mattygroves Members

A little overnight rain gave my early morning walk a different feel than of late - a few small puddles, the grass and some surfaces wet, but some dry so I left barefoot prints behind me, which always makes me smile.

I think the only downsides to a walk after rain is the way that grit and small bits of gravel stick to the soles. It's also surprising how dirty your soles get, after a 45 minute walk mine were much dirtier than when I did a 6 mile walk on Thursday.

I'm going to have to briefly wear flip flops this afternoon:confused2:

19. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

I have done various cleaning jobs and worked in two different independent shops (gifts & clothes), one of which is my current employment.
    The only time I had to wear shoes was a six month stint in an Amazon "fulfillment centre"

charlie35 likes this.
  20. charlie35

charlie35 Member

Why? Annoying, isn't it? Went up to London the other day to meet friends in the evening, but made a day of it first, mainly at Camden Lock. Took the dreaded emergency flip-flops with me, only to put on before entering the pub in the evening as I've been refused entry there before ("you can't come in with those dirty feet" !!) and as I'd come a long way I didn't want any hassle this time. But I needn't have bothered as there was no one on the door this time, and one of my friends commented saying "I thought you'd be in bare feet". Well the ff's were off for the rest of the evening, with no comment from anyone.