Barefoot Outside (Uk)

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by MrGalactica, Feb 7, 2017.

1. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i am regularly barefoot, and i'm still impatient.

i also get road rage while driving barefoot.

2. riverman18

riverman18 solid gold brass

I've gone to the dentist barefoot several times. It's surprisingly relaxing, especially when she puts the chair back to start working on me. I showed up in flip flops once and asked if she minded if I took them off when I got in the office, and she told me several patients came in barefoot. That's all it took for me.

3. mattygroves

mattygroves Members

That's interesting, mine doesn't seem like the kind of place that would be OK with it, maybe I will next time, though it will be November. I wore flip flops this time and took them off to walk home. Don't really like carrying flip flops, people probably think you're just barefoot because your feet hurt.

In the waiting room I did notice that the other 6 people were all wearing flip flops or sandals, lots of bare toes in a small space. Nice.

Going to a neighbours barbecue tonight - definitely be barefoot for that.

4. mattygroves

mattygroves Members

Lot of great barefoot action yesterday - the first day of my holiday from work. It's good to know that apart from a couple of times when I'll have to wear flip flops, my feet will be naked for the next 9 days.

Went for an early morning 5am walk around town which is always a lovely way to start the day, the feel of the cool pavements underfoot, especially all the different textures around the market place is very sensual.

A trip to Southwell shopping later in the morning was fun, I've gone barefoot there quite a few times before though. I do intend to visit some places and try some things I've not done barefoot before during the next week.

Last night we went to the barbecue at my neighbours. About 20 people there, a couple (including the host) already barefoot when we arrived, about 10 had ditched their shoes by the end. Nice not to be the only one barefoot for a change.

I got talking to one of the barefoot guests, a woman who I didn't know, we were both sat cross legged on the lawn and I have to say she had the most beautiful feet, nicely tanned with none of the dreaded flip flop tan lines, gorgeous toes and lovely light blue nail varnish. I wonder if I should try painting my toenails..

8 more days without shoes. Nice.

1 person likes this.
  5. SoftSoles

SoftSoles Member

Sounds as though you've enjoyed an incredibly fantastic start to your week off, Matty. Since I'm due to start a fortnight's holiday in a week's time, I'm very much looking forward to the fact I'm going to be barefoot for the majority of it.

Heading out at 5am yesterday morning, to dirty your soles upon the coolness of the pavement, sounded like a wonderful way to begin a bank holiday Sunday. Over the past week or so, I've really noticed the return of early morning condensation when heading out at around 6:30am to run around the streets in my bare feet, so I wholeheartedly appreciate why you found your walk so sensual.

It also sounds as though you had a wonderful time at your neighbour's BBQ yesterday evening too, no doubt revelling in the fact that you were in the company of others who'd removed their footwear, presenting opportunities for you to admire the presentation and condition of the feet belonging to other guests.

By comparison, I also attended a BBQ yesterday. Arriving bare foot at around 1:30pm (my friends know about my barefoot lifestyle), over 12 hours were spent in the back garden enjoying good food, alcohol and entertaining conversation. Since I was the only one bare foot, once alcohol had loosened inhibitions of others, my bare footedness did become a topic of conversation.

Upon returning home at around 2am this morning, as a consequence of not wearing anything upon my feet, my soles were incredibly dirty and full of grass stains. Admittedly, the sensation of grass beneath my soles felt incredibly enjoyable, alongside the feather-light sensation created by slightly longer blades of grass, which repeatedly tickled the skin of my inner arch and toe tips for duration (yes, it felt wonderful).

Following your conversation with the female guest, however, if you feel inspired to paint your nails, then why not treat them to a coat of polish. I'd imagine you'll certainly draw attention to your feet while enjoying yourself out and about over the next week.

1 person likes this.
  6. mattygroves

mattygroves Members

Did something quite cool today. I have an old pair of trainers I don't wear anymore, was going to throw them away, but I thought I'd have some fun doing it.

Put them on with a pair of my work socks and walked down to the center of town, even though it wasn't a very warm day today, it still felt weird wearing shoes in summer.

I sat down on a bench in the market place, lots of people around, undid the laces of both trainers and took them off, then pulled my socks off, rolled them up and put them in one trainer. I noticed a few people looking at me. I got up, walked over to the bin, dropped the trainers in and walked off, barefoot.

I'm sure I got a few funny looks but it felt really good.

7. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

I Would Have Taken Off The Trainers.....Then Placed A Sock In Each One.....Then Walked

Off So Passing Peeps Would Wonder For Hours........WTF Happened There...???...[​IMG]

Cheers Glen.

1 person likes this.
  8. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i have no idea what a trainer is. but it sounds like a lot of effort to go through to throw away something you don't use anyway.

9. SoftSoles

SoftSoles Member

Certainly sounds as though you're having a lot of bare foot fun, while on your week's leave from work, Matty. I'm sure that recollection of the peculiar glances received has kept you tickled since.

10. SoftSoles

SoftSoles Member

Upon starting a fortnight's holiday this evening, I've been bare foot since 4:30pm and very much looking forward to spending the majority of it free from footwear, as I make the most of the last few weeks of summer.

Over the next fortnight, I intend to enjoy running in my bare feet every other day, in addition to shopping in my bare feet and getting my soles wonderfully dirty while visiting the likes of Durham and York.

1 person likes this.
  11. mattygroves

mattygroves Members

Last day of my holiday tomorrow, apart from a couple of hours in total I've been barefoot for 8 days, not looking forward to wearing shoes and socks on Tuesday.

I went to Lincoln on Friday - another cool place to walk barefoot. I got there early, about 7.30, a bright but quite chilly morning so I wore my jeans which I think look pretty good with barefeet. It was great feeling the different surfaces warm up as the temperature rose.

It was fun wandering about seeing all the commuters in their shoes going to work.

Spent all morning there, did quite a bit of shopping without any hassle and then spent the afternoon walking around Rufford country park, which is always fun.

2 people like this.
  12. SoftSoles

SoftSoles Member

Good to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your week's leave, Matty, proceeding to spend it almost exclusively bare foot. Now that we're into September, we certainly do have to make the most of barefooting opportunities while the warm weather lasts. A month from now, our chances will be greatly diminished. That said, I do still enjoy running along the beach and sea front in my bare feet on milder days during winter months.

Having enjoyed the first week of a fortnight off work, I've spent three hours on the drive cleaning the car in my bare feet, running along the beach and sea front on three occasions and visiting my local shopping centre on numerous occasions in my bare feet, in addition to being barefoot in and around the house.

Admittedly, I have cleaned my soles every evening (with the scrubbing brush that sits on the shower tray in the bathroom), as I enjoy restoring them to a condition of cleanliness almost as much as I enjoy getting my soles dirty.

Over the next week, since the weather is set to be promising, I'll continue to go barefoot when visiting the shops and when out running. However, I've not been to York yet, something I'm very much looking forward to.

2 people like this.
  13. barefootben85

barefootben85 Members

I decided to go to the beach today for a change, barefoot all the way qithout any emergency soes. I needed fuel so stopped off to fill up at a local supermarket, it was really busy with every pump in use, and why is it all filling pumps are slipperly underfoo!t. I waited in line and paid, and the cashier noticed I had no shoes - "be careful out there on the forecourt she said". I decided to go to the supermarket too to buy a few drinks etc. Nice cool floor underfoot :)

Then I went to the beach - great to feel the sand under your soles. I must have walked for about an hour by the time I got back to the car. My feet were a bit muddy from the car park.

On the way back, I decided to stop off at a local park for another walk. Strangely it was also very muddy, and an awesome feeling. I spotted a patch of nettles an decided what the heck lets walk all over them Yes they stung but it was quiet nice. Nt sure what made me to it but I spent a good 10 mins walking over them. They still tingle now!

2 people like this.
  14. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

how was that possibly nice? nettle is one of the most unpleasant feelings ever, and i've only accidentally brushed against it, let alone stomped across a field of it.

15. TheRainbowSkye

TheRainbowSkye Members

I love being barefoot and have never had any real problems here in the UK. I'm in the West Midlands and often walk barefoot especially when I'm out in cities like Birmingham and Nottingham. I'm a photographer so I travel a lot and love to just wander around new places barefoot.

16. rol the sole

rol the sole Member

I'm in Birmingham and I am nearly always barefoot when not at work.

Maxxy likes this.
  17. barefootben85

barefootben85 Members

Went ten pin bowling again, then walked home barefoot in the rain and wind through the autumn leaves.

Yesterday I visited a castle barefoot with no shoes as backup. Loved the cool stone surfaces on my bare soles. One older lady behind the counter questioned my feet, and a young girl also asked why I was barefoot a bit later on. I showed the young girl my dirty soles and said I just preferred to be barefoot all the time. She said wow thats amazing. Later I saw her walking barefoot too with her shoes in her hands, her soles were black.

1 person likes this.
  18. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I once ran through a bed of nettles when I was a younger to impress my friends. If you bend the hairs over before the acid on the tips penetrates your skin it is fine, hence the old saying "grasping the nettle". I only knew this because my mother used nettles in cooking and taught me how to collect them. Needless to say, my friends thought that I was crazy.

19. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

how do you do that? is it just a matter of grabbing it at the right angle?

20. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

With grabbing a nettle it is a matter of bending the acid hairs over by grabbing it hard and doing it fast enough for them not to have long enough to harm you before they are destroyed. Rather the same as being burnt by brushing against a cigarette, but not damaging your fingers when you pinch a cigarette out.
    The same is true with walking through nettles. Most people try to walk around them and end up with one nettle rubbing against the leg that they are not watching. By the time that they feel the sting, the damage is done. Again similar to fire. A flame blowing out from a bonfire can cause a nasty burn, while far less damage is done when you are moving quickly when stomping a campfire out. A few years ago on a country walk, Jane and I were cut off from the road by 10 feet of grass that was burning about knee high. Rather than turn back. we rolled our jeans up and ran through it. Neither of us ended up with any burns, but Jane was highly amused by my singed leg hair. Normally we would have let our jeans protect our legs, but they were very frayed and having the frays catch alight could have done our legs a lot more damage. LOL.