Barefoot on Fresh Asphalt

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by Deleted member 159087, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Yeah, I know that pebbles can stick to your soles and they can be a bitch to pull off, especially from your mid-sole, but the goddamn pleasure of strolling over warm snooth asphalt is pretty fabulous (before it lost its heat). Just found a long patch yesterday. Fucking gorgeous. My soles were filthy and warm and utterly happy. Do it again, Department of Streets!!!

2. TrickMaster42

TrickMaster42 Members

This has always been a goal of mine. To one day get the chance to walk barefoot across fresh asphalt or fresh tar. Not too fresh but cooled enough so that it's no longer burning hot or liquidy, but still new enough to be warm and sticky. I imagine it would give a nice thin coating of black over the soles that would stay for days, and would also feel incredible.

3. Come to think of it, I did do this way back in the day when I was just a little one. I used to go barefoot all the time back then, but I haven't felt the sensation in many years. I can still recall it quite vividly, however. I always used to like to stick a toe in some hot tar just to feel the squishyness.

nuspieds likes this.
  4. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

regardless of barefooting interests, i wholeheartedly agree with this. there's no reason that potholes shouldn't be repaired before we can see the earth's core by looking down into them.

BarefootedBoy likes this.
  5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Man in America drew dicks around potholes in his town until the council fixed them.

Great idea!

6. mmicmann

mmicmann Member

Fixing potholes is a function of budget, available workforce, and weather conditions. Although repairing one individual pothole is a small matter, dealing with many potholes all over a jurisdiction can be surprisingly difficult.

7. jagerhans

jagerhans Far out, man. Lifetime Supporter

You know, tar contained in asphalt is not the nicest chemical around. It is carcinogenic. It promotes inflammation. May be real hot and sticks around. I wouldn't advise making deliberate contact with that stuff, but I guess once in a while can't do that much bad. Still find a bank of grassy, muddy clay way more pleasant to walk through.

mmicmann and nuspieds like this.
  8. Whoever said humans always act in their own best interest???