Barefoot In The University Library

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by MRmouse23, Feb 3, 2017.

1. MRmouse23

MRmouse23 Members

It's currently winter here in the uk. when i went over to the university library the heat was cranked up to full bast. i went to the private study room i had booked and it was just as hot in there. after recently conquering my foot shyness i had read that going barefoot reduced body temperature. i locked the door and toed my shoes and socks off under the desk and immediately felt better. a sat there studying in my bare feet for three hours. the weird part was it really helped me focus for some reason. has that ever happened to anyone.

2. bft4evr

bft4evr Senior Member

I am not surprised this happened to you. Being barefoot can make you more comfortable and relaxed and as a result more focused on the task at hand.

3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

yeah, i would imagine being overheated would hurt your ability to focus.

4. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

Fidgeting Strategies that Help People with ADHD Focus

We’re taught that we need to sit still and focus on one thing when we’re studying, writing, working or engaging in other activities.But for people with ADHD those things usually don’t work. They’re especially ineffective when they need to focus on tedious or mundane tasks. People with ADHD often work best when they’re doing something else, too.

According to the authors, “Fidgets are simultaneous sensory-motor stimulation strategies — the four S’s. If something we are engaged in is not interesting enough to sustain our focus, the additional sensory-motor input that is mildly stimulating, interesting, or entertaining allows our brains to become fully engaged and allows us to sustain focus on the primary activity in which we are participating.”

Read more https://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2014/03/29/fidgeting-strategies-that-help-people-with-adhd-focus/

www.google.com/search?q=Fidget+to+Focus

Maybe it was being able to fidget with your feet that helped you focus "ADHD" or not.

1 person likes this.
  5. psychologykate

psychologykate Members

I definitely focus better when I'm barefoot. I just feel more relaxed and grounded. When I was a student, taking my shoes off under the desk in the library was the first thing I did once I sat down.

6. Joe45432

Joe45432 Members

Its the same for me, TBH i forget that i am barefoot and really noone cares that often but when they do i love it,

A few people notice and look but laugh about it mostly

But they sometime tease and hide my shoes, (Sometimes they hid my socks too)

Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
    Antony14 likes this.