barefoot in the rain

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by kitty fabulous, May 23, 2004.

1. kitty fabulous

kitty fabulous smoked tofu

i went out walking barefoot in the thunderstorm. the soles of my feet are starting to get thick from walking almost everywhere barefoot on a daily basis. i squished through soft mud and splashed across cool puddles. i don't remember how to tell how far away a storm is by counting the seconds between flash and thunder, but i knew it was far enough away i could just take my time walking in the rain. i saw some beautiful forked lightning over to the northwest. it's still raining, but the storm's over.

we've been getting a lot of storms. the herbalist at my co-op says things have been growing like crazy, between the rain and the heat, and that's why i've found so many 4-leaf clovers. i picked up my CSA share this afternoon, and, although there are always plenty of greens this time of year, sure enough, the greens and the herbs were plentiful and lush. i give myself one week to become utterly sick of salads.

i worry about the huge number of storms we've been getting, though. i mean, i love thunderstorms. it just seems odd to be getting so many.

2. metro

metro self-banned

Tell me about it, I think this place is going to become a temperate rainforest soon! i love rain and storms as much as anyone, but this is ridiculous. Too much, it can be depressing with no sun for days on end.[​IMG]

I would probably go barefoot too, but in addition to the rain, it's cold here[​IMG]

3. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

being bare foot in the rain is one of my favorite things to do...espishily if its been hot all day and the pavement is still hott

4. xdancingbarefootx

xdancingbarefootx Member

DUUUUUUDE i love thunderstorms..

we were posta get one tonight but the stupid fucking weather man is a lying sack of s h i t

5. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

its cold where the wild things are?

6. Earthy Mama

Earthy Mama Feel my wrath... ;)

I love thunderstorms so much. But, my house is built on a swamp so yuck...I guess I won't be doing laundry tomorrow cuz I'm not wading through the backyard....

7. metro

metro self-banned

yes, it's a bit cool here, which is unusual. Thankfully I've got hairy feet to protect me from the cool dampness, but in warmer weather I shave it off and I'm looking forward to that. There are benefits to being a hairy beast!

8. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

The frequency of thunderstorms this early in the season is also concerning me. The weather is becoming more and more unpredictable with each passing year it seems. You'd probably be even more paranoid than me if you read The Coming Global Superstorm by Art Bell and Whitley Strieber. They predict there will be a period of extreme and severe weather across a large portion of the globe, followed by a gradual shift of the earth's poles, which would ultimately result in another ice age, killing off all life on earth. It may sound a bit far-fetched to some people, but it really isn't as far-fetched as it seems. And it's not a matter of IF it will happen, but rather WHEN it will happen. Look what is going on at the poles as we speak, there are massive ice shelfs literally breaking off and melting into the ocean.

There is a movie coming out this summer which is based on this book, but I forgot the title of it.

9. xdancingbarefootx

xdancingbarefootx Member

oooooooooh great! im gonna have nightmares!

i need my teddy bear :(

10. kitty fabulous

kitty fabulous smoked tofu

oh, i know the flm you're talking about. i can't remember the same of it either. do you think it'll be at the little? when is it supposed to be released?

how's your car, rat? when are you gonna come get your booze?

11. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

yeah, the movie's called the day after tomorrow. and it starts playing may 28. i live in an area that usually gets tons of rain, and we've got pre-drought conditions happening right now. either it's just a bad year (ya, right :rolleyes: ) or we're in for some freaky global warming extreme weather.