Barefoot in School

Discussion in 'Bare It! Nudism and Naturism' started by Barefoot_kid, May 14, 2004.

1. _Parkade_

_Parkade_ Member

I go to a high school with a very strict dress code, with the shirt, tie, grey pants, the whole bit. They send you in for detention if you're missing a belt. Definitely not the kind of place I'd be allowed to go barefoot- we have to wear black leather dress shoes. They're so uncomfortable! I tie mine really loose so I can slip them off under the desk during class, and that's some relief.

I've been around the school without shoes though; the school has a mandatory after school sports program, and being the lazy person I am I decided to take yoga, for which, of course, we have to go barefoot. After yoga if I have to stay around to meet with friends or something I don't usually bother putting my shoes back on. The carpet and the tile and the other contrasting floor surfaces in the school feel so nice! :D

No one's asked me why I don't wear shoes yet. I have one friend in my yoga class who also enjoys going barefoot, so sometimes I hang out with him after yoga without shoes. Another friend once told me I should put on my shoes before going outside, but it was in a friendly, concerned way.

I think I'll try to walk home from school after yoga without shoes one day and see how that goes.

Also, if our PE class is indoors and we didn't bring gym shoes we are usually required to go barefoot. I'd "forget" my shoes more often, but doing so results in a 0 for the day, and each day counts for like 5% of the term. I care about marks!!
    When we're outdoors we're usually not allowed to go barefoot, because the teachers think it's unsafe. If we forget to bring shoes we have to wear our black leather school shoes. I've never done that, and I'm hoping I never will. I hate those shoes. I'll have to ask about the school's exact policy about being barefoot for outdoor PE though. That would be lovely if it were allowed.

2. ZiggyZuZu

ZiggyZuZu Member

I got to schoot barefoot. Still get heaps of people saying 'WHERE ARE YOU SHOE JOEL!?' Well obviously not on my feet yu fuuckin idiot

3. hillman30

hillman30 Member

I used to purposely "forget" my sneakers for gym as often as possible until I would get some veiled grade threat as well. I'd bring them a few times and then forget them all over again.

4. *pixy*

*pixy* Member

I did go barefoot in school a lot, not always but pretty often, up to graduation. Some teachers didn’t like it and tried to talk into me not to do, but I had the better stamina finally and they gave up ;-) Maybe it helped a bit I was active in student council and in school magazine. But this is quite a number of years ago, so I don’t know if it would work today. At least for public schools I guess it would be a severe discrimination and violation of fundamental rights to ban a barefoot student.

I never had a barefoot teacher though, but I guess the OP was quite a tale storyteller anyway.

5. Kaalvoet

Kaalvoet Banned

That,s good news,I thought that you would be in trouble,becus barefootting in your country is frowned upon,and the rest of the students,how nany also attend barefoot?

6. txbarefooter

txbarefooter Senior Member

gosh, this post is almost 7 years old. the OP is prolly in college by now