barefoot in public today

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by whatnoshooz, May 31, 2007.

1. whatnoshooz

whatnoshooz Member

Finally got a chance to go barefoot today. I've been busy with family stuff for so long, I thought I'd never get out!
    I was walking on Fraser Street (a long, busy street in Vancouver with lots of shops and totally FILTHY sidewalks) and decided to take my shoes off. I walked for quite awhile, shoes in hand, and got lots of strange looks from people in the process.
    I went home with black feet feeling very happy.

2. wanderin_blues

wanderin_blues Banned

hey i live close to van :) im so going barefoot next time im there and see how dirty my soles get. they dont really get dirty here in my rural town.

3. bkcmar

bkcmar keep those feet bare

good for you. i am so glad you had a wonderful barefoot experience. unfortunately, i was shod today until a few minutes ago, since i had to work.

fuck their strange looks. these people do not know what they are missing.

4. bkcmar

bkcmar keep those feet bare

they may not get that city dirty but, you are improving the health of those feet. it does not matter rural or urban, you are a barefooter. keep those feet bare and healthy, honey.

5. whatnoshooz

whatnoshooz Member

Really? Which town do you live in?
    Best places for barefooting in Vancouver are Commercial Drive (very barefoot friendly, since it's a very hippy-ish area), Kits (ie. 4th Avenue, also a hippy mecca), the Vancouver Flea Market (great for black soles) and Main Street.

The only problem with my barefoot adventure yesterday is that I stood barefoot on the hot pavement too long waiting for the lights to change at an intersection. Got a few blisters. They usually heal pretty fast though, I find.

6. wanderin_blues

wanderin_blues Banned

i live in gibsons. i loooove commercial drive, one of the best places in the world! i lived there till i was 5, its so nice to visit the drive and see all the places i remember. my parents are hippies too so we fit right in ;)
    id love to move to the city soon, just for a year or so. im a country girl at heart, but i do love it in van.

7. Cool Spruce

Cool Spruce Member

What bothers me most is how weird it all looks to those who I would swear are hipper by far than I am. They just DON'T. Period. Puts me in the position of being one of the weirder elders. Although, mostly I'm accepted. But never joined. Never. Not by any age group. Younger ones, forget it. It's been successfully bred out of most of them.