Barefoot in Gym/PE?

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by david_pluto, Oct 9, 2006.

1. sweetktg

sweetktg Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I'm convinced bf is best - even when I've just been walking bf and stumbled, my foot & ankle have been able to move unrestricted - not once have I sprained anything, whereas I'm very sure I would have done if I'd been wearing footwear due to its constrictive nature.

2. BFBooboo

BFBooboo Member

I've done it when it was appropriate... like when we did gymnastics, but when we played field hockey or basketball (which I suck at!) you should wear shoes. Once we hda to do line dancing and I was barefoot for that.

3. rucus92

rucus92 Member

In gym class sometimes i do go barefoot and in drama class i always do but its anyones choice, Tyler

4. jagerhans

jagerhans Far out, man. Lifetime Supporter

i asked the owner of my old gym about working out in bare feet and he told me No Way , the other customers will complain with me about that. why? because it is detrimental to hygiene . sure, dude, goodbye.

5. rucus92

rucus92 Member

in drama class in the gym I always have barefeet it is my own choice and our teacher said if it relaxes to perform better it is good. Tyler

6. RT19

RT19 Members

Maybe it's an English thing but in all my schools primary, middle and high indoor PE was done barefoot quite strictly enforced in middle school. Outside PE was occasionally done in bare feet I remember the odd xc run through the mud done in bare feet or running around the tennis courts barefoot due to forgotten trainers.

1 person likes this.
  7. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

I got kicked out of a place called 'fit for life' a gym in Florida for going barefoot and when they complained and said I needed tennis shoes then coming in with flip flops.

La fitness here is fine with flip flops never tried barefooting in the place but why in the world would anyone "need" to have their feet smothered in socks and shoes to exercise ? I look at the other people and am like why do they do it. Makes NO sense.

So much stupidity in our world.

8. rol the sole

rol the sole Member

I always did PE barefoot at school even though I had pumps. I always told the PE teacher I'd forgotten them. The gym always got my soles dirty and sometimes we would have a run outside which I did barefoot.loved it!

1 person likes this.
  9. rol the sole

rol the sole Member

Same here.

10. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

11. adrianc

adrianc Members

Yes I think the English schools are more strict, secondary school we were only allowed pumps for indoor contact sports, otherwise bare feet, the girls had a different curriculum and were bare foot for all indoor p.e.

12. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

PE lol man I haven't heard of that since highschool.

13. David0301

David0301 Members

havent read the comments, just the title,

love it love it, gym in my home, turn the music up loud, working out barefoot, great great feeling, say no to babylon children

14. mattygroves

mattygroves Members

I always did gym lessons barefoot - no surprise there.

Sometimes I would be the only one, sometimes others would too, it was your own choice.

I remember at the start of one term though, I was about 15, we had a new PE teacher and as the class was lining up outside the gym, he pointed at my barefeet and said "That's how everyone should be doing gym lessons", and sent those wearing plimsouls back to the changing rooms to take them off.

Didn't go down very well with some of the boys, but for the rest of that year the whole class went barefoot for gym lessons.

BarefootedBoy likes this.
  15. adrianc

adrianc Members

Message to Matty.

We had to walk from the changing rooms to the gym through the corridors in bare feet, not great as that also lead to the playing fields.

Surely pumps to the gym was best then take them off.

16. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

I Don't Understand This Post......This Is The Barefoot Forum....... Yet You Seem To Be Suggesting

Ways To Avoid Being Barefoot......Please Explain...???...:confused2:

Cheers Glen.

17. adrianc

adrianc Members

What I meant was that it isn't great getting dirty feet before you get in to the gym.

GLENGLEN likes this.
  18. adrianc

adrianc Members

If you think about it, most gymnastic disciplines are performed in bare feet but the gymnasts between exercise put socks or flip flops on the give some protection.

SoftSoles likes this.
  19. SoftSoles

SoftSoles Member

Throughout the 90's in the UK, whenever gym class was undertaken, it was always done so barefoot. adrainc also makes a very good point, since gymnasts routinely perform floor exercises barefoot.

20. adrianc

adrianc Members

Exactly, performing in bare feet allows you to feel the floor or apparatus.

I never wore socks for floor work, as our coach always said that the judges can't see a definitive toe point.

SoftSoles likes this.