Barefoot girl

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by barefootconservative, Oct 26, 2017.

1. barefootconservative

barefootconservative Barefoot for God

Right, but tracking her down to talk to her might be a bit over the line.

2. bft4evr

bft4evr Senior Member

Tracking her down? You just said you saw her.

3. barefootconservative

Yes, I saw her directly ahead of me, but she was not coming towards me, and far enough away that I would have had to Sprint to catch up with her.

4. bft4evr

bft4evr Senior Member

I give up. If you want to talk to her you will eventually have to make some effort.

5. bft4evr

bft4evr Senior Member

She is not going to come over and introduce herself to you.

6. barefootconservative

Must I explain everything? I will wait until we're crossing paths, then stop her to talk. It's more often than not we're crossing paths rather than moving away. So I just have to make sure i see her in time to stop and talk, but chasing after her will just be creepy.

7. M_Ranko

M_Ranko Straight edge xXx

Out of curiosity, tell me about the conditions that you had there that day. How cold was it, how much snow and what kind of snow was it. And how long was she able to stay like that?

8. barefootconservative

She didn't have shoes with her at all. It was a high of 31º, so at the time I spotted her, it was probably around 25º and the snow came down heavy yesterday, and it froze over and receded a bit by the time morning came around. So she wasn't walking in too much snow, but definitely some.

9. charlie35

charlie35 Member

Personally I wouldn't start a conversation by commenting on her feet. I still get plenty of comments like "Aren't your feet cold?" etc which frankly get annoying and put me on the defensive. I think it might be better to contrive to bump into her and say something like "Hi. Didn't I see you in XYZ class the other day?". She'll of course say no, but you can then pretend it may have been somewhere else and take it from there. Doesn't really matter, but you've broken the ice. I also wonder if immediately focussing on her feet might sound creepy as you suggest. She might appreciate someone striking up a conversation whilst taking her bare feet for granted. Either way I agree you've got to say something before she suddenly disappears and you'll then kick yourself.

10. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Uh huh, I'm sure that will work
    Just take it very slow, ease into it

Try something like "Hey, I noticed you dont wear shoes, me too, wanna fuck?"

GLENGLEN likes this.
  11. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Just Like The Sun Rising Every Morning......The Other Thing We Can Be Certain Of In Life VG.....

.......Is Nobody Will Ever Refer To You As A "Class Act".......:smirk:

Cheers Glen.

12. barefootconservative

No.

13. barefootconservative

Ooh, I've got it! I'll bump into her and fall over with my walking stick, then there's no way she can just walk off if she "knocked me over."

14. goodearth

goodearth Member

Since you are a barefooter, I don’t know why you can’t approach her directly, and justify it because you are happy to see someone else that does it. You can say you haven’t tried it in the cold, and see where the conversation goes from there. Don’t ask questions like a non-barefooter. That would seem weird to me.

15. barefoot101corrin

barefoot101corrin Member

goodearth is right, just go up and say hi. the biggest icebreaker is common interest. maybe yea put on a little act if it makes you not nervouse like for instance you bump into her and go "oh sorry" and then interrupt yourself by saying somethig like "oh my god im not the only one without shoes here!"
    and then introduce yourself. but try not to be weird about it
    -corrin

16. barefootconservative

That might work. Of course, if I do it any time soon, I'll be wearing shoes, so maybe I'll make it, "Oof! Sorry. Hey, I'm not the only one who goes barefoot to school! All this time I thought I was the only one."

17. barefootconservative

Well keep in mind that I've gone back to shoes for a while due to frigid temperatures, so I can't justify it by being barefoot. Maybe I'll try a different kind of outfit that works with bare feet but also keeps me warm. Or just wait till I can start again. I don't know, I should be able to figure something out.

bttf101 likes this.
  18. goodearth

goodearth Member

Just keep in mind that all you’re doing is trying to make a new friend and be a friend. It’s a lot simpler than your mind is making it. You seem like a person that would be a good friend. If she passes on your friendship, you won’t have any trouble finding another new friend. Any time we reach out to another person in friendship, we make ourselves vulnerable to a certain extent. That’s scary sometimes, but if we want a friend we have to expose ourselves to getting whacked. After getting whacked a few times we get tougher, but hopefully are always able to try again. A good friendship is worth getting whacked. I lost my best friend to cancer 7 years ago. She was worth at least a million whacks.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
    bttf101 likes this.
  19. barefootconservative

Thanks, good to know.

20. Chuckles1230

Chuckles1230 Member

If YOU'RE barefoot, it's a natural to make that the topic. Could be something like, 'I'm not sure how much longer I can go without shoes.' When I was living in Germany, I was barefoot year-round, but it never got more than a few degrees below freezing, and that was rare. Wind in northern Europe is always light--5mph or less (one of the best places on the planet for FKK hiking),--so that was never a problem. Icy conditions or snow deep enough to cover my feet (both very rare) were the only thing that made me wear something (once had a close call with frostbite in powdery snow that covered my feet). Had to have shoes and socks inside at work, though. Carried them in the backpack and put them on about a block away from the building. I was a contractor, so I had to make sure I conformed to the company dress code or it could have reflected poorly on my boss, and possibly lost the contract.

If you are in shoes when you meet, I agree with the others that broaching the subject of bare feet is usually an unwelcome topic to a barefooter. But from another barefooter, it is ordinarily fine.

Tags: