Barefoot Again

Discussion in 'Old Hippies' started by Deleted member 322887, Feb 16, 2022.

1. I really was a bit too young to really call myself a hippie. Thus I cannot claim to be the more than 800-million people around my age who now claim they were at the original Woodstock.

Back then my only really outward appearance that I may be a dreaded “hippie” was the fact I had fairly long hair went barefoot all the time.

Fast forward to 2022.

An ongoing problem with back-pain led me to a solution that I would not have considered: going barefoot. And now that I have rediscovered the joys of going barefoot I now do so 24/7 and everywhere. I had forgotten how amazing it feels to grocery shop barefoot.

And along with my shoeless lifestyle I now feel my inner hippie coming out. Free love and 420 are appealing, too.

When people see me barefoot in public I sometimes wonder if they get the vide from me that I am a beach bum, wanna be surfer dude, hillbilly or hippie. I’ll take the hippie label.

I’m not here to preach about a barefoot lifestyle but the rewards to me have been tremendous. No more bad back (or knees and hips). And quite honestly it feels so damn good and freeing to go everywhere in my bare feet.

2. myndtyme

myndtyme Banned